Wife, Kindle, Hope You And Your Electronics Are Happy Together....

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by pete359, Nov 21, 2016.

1. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

It's a shame you can't 'stick up for them' without breaking forum rules.

2. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

MOD NOTE:
    Stop the off topic comments.

1 person likes this.
  3. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

To the OP- Find yourself a hobby that takes most of your time, and that relaxes/ makes YOU happy.

She may not realize what she's doing to your relationship. But I wouldn't count on it. This way, you'll have an escape from her boredom, and if you matter to her she will feel the difference.

If it doesn't matter and keeps on going, pull the plug. (If she doesn't first). You will still have a hobby to concentrate on to take your mind off things until the next one comes along. And ask her if her
    "checking out" in the bedroom/relationship is worth messing up the kids' lives...this is what gets me so much about divorces, it puts so much onto the kids.

Or you could just grab the Kindle and use it for a trampoline. lmao

4. magickman

From what I've seen, women here in America don't respect whiners. That just makes a man more expendable.

But like I said above, I agree about disfiguring the Kindle lol!
    That things needs to get under a wheel and do a spin-out in the driveway. But I'm guessing that would speed up the divorce process. May want to save that move til the last.

1 person likes this.
  5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dont think the OP is whining at all, i think he has a very legitimate complaint.

Have you talked to her about setting aside time each night, or a couple of nights a week, or however you guys want to do it, where screens arent allowed and where you guys just hang out and focus on each other?

I think screens, games, the internet, etc can legitimately be addictive...but i also think if she doesnt even show any interest in blocking out time to just focus on you maybe the kindle isnt the problem, maybe she is using the kindle to hide from dissatisfaction. Its worth exploring, if she doesnt show any interest in changing her habits it might really be time to move on

1 person likes this.
  6. magickman

Television can do it too. That was one of my ex's things. She came home, I fixed Dinner. She laid in bed all night and watched tv. She had a list of her favorite shows, and kept track of which episodes she watched and recorded on the DVR. And made sure to keep them in order. When she got to the bed, she was not to be disturbed. At all. And if she fell asleep, leave her alone. And you can imagine what this does to the sex life. Deadbed.
    I am now convinced that my next "partnership" (if I have one), tv will remain in the living room where it fuckin' belongs. The bedroom is for sleep, and adult playtime. That's all.

1 person likes this.
  7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Agree, i refuse to have a tv in the bedroom

1 person likes this.
  8. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I have a kindle but I read very sparsely. If I were striving for attention I would be doing things away from her. But you should pursue counseling. Um.. Marital issues are important, but I've never been married so I'm not going to be of much help. All I can say is that marriage counseling could help you guys come to terms.