Wife, Kindle, Hope You And Your Electronics Are Happy Together....

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by pete359, Nov 21, 2016.

1. pete359

pete359 Members

Hello. I am not new to the forum I just can't recover my password for some reason.
    My wife, 32 years old, together 8 years, stay at home mom with 2 kids can not keep off her kindle (playing games) when I'm home, this has been going on all the time for 2 years. She seems happy, stress free average middle class life, kids are cute, well behaved one is in pre-k a few days a week. I work normal M-F-8-5 hours, Its really bothering me and I'm a really laid back person. I have brought it up a few times that she basically ignores me all night every night, it now affects our sex life since that's all she does. When I do bring it up she says I'm right, she knows shes on it to much, things are good for like a week then gradually it returns to the way it was. I don't know what to do anymore, I feel ignored 95% of the time, and she is not meeting my most basic sexual needs as a man. I feel like saying "I'm leaving you.....hope you and your electronics are happy together".......

2. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

After 8 years and 2 kids, you have fulfilled your biological role in her life, and she is no longer interested in you for anything except income.
    Perfectly normal for most marriages. The Kindle isn't the problem, take that away and she will focus on another hobby and continue to ignore you.

Your sexual needs? She doesn't care, push her and you will be asset stripped and divorced.

4 people like this.
  3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

If she focuses on another hobby then good on her, I think that's the main point of bringing it in the open. The amount of time people spend staring at their screens is horrendous though I'm not much better but even I will drop a hint to my partner too, and she will take that hint and take the dog for a walk.

4. morrow

morrow Visitor

You sound very interesting..women love a man that wines!

Perhaps YOU should try something, to up the interests in the relationship?

Old dude, your boring with you hard done to stuff now...

Op, if you want her interest so bad, break the Kindle! Jees you guys!

5. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

No hard done my stuff from me, Happy with my Thai wife, my new Thai family, and my Filipino girlfriend.
    No need to take any shit from old white women. Take your losses before they are entitled to half your pension IMHO.

1 person likes this.
  6. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

like you could get an old white woman....at least try for believability

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Someone's asking for a bucket of hot water again IMHO.

1 person likes this.
  8. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

I'm curious, how much did that young Thai wife cost in US dollars?

9. pete359

pete359 Members

That is pretty much the response I expected.... the situation sucks.....

1 person likes this.
  10. pete359

pete359 Members

I am really trying not to wine about it honestly... I have tried to up the interest, even going as far as 3 ways or 4 ways in the bedroom thinking maybe it was a sexual thing. Nothing seems to spark any interest other than the gaming, I think she has just checked out.... unfortunately I have not.

1 person likes this.
  11. Asmodean

Have you spoken to her about it like you do in this thread? I think you should break it to her in the same way you tell it to us.

12. pete359

pete359 Members

I have not gone as far as "threatening" to leave, but otherwise yes, I have told her almost exactly what I posted originally.

13. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

Off topic,
    When I left the UK, I had a 23yo lover and a 60yo companion. I was 52.

14. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

Off topic,
    $2000

15. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

women/men aren't a commodity to be collected and traded....and boasted about...this isn't the locker room

2 people like this.
  16. His Eden

His Eden Queen of Mean

OP, perhaps freaky in the bedroom isn't what your relationship needs. I know for many stay at home mothers (and fathers, for that matter) it can become tiresome to always be the "mother" and the "wife" and sex can feel more like an obligation than a want or need. Instead of inviting people into your bedroom, maybe you could take your wife out to dinner. Remind her, and perhaps yourself, why you got married.

Yes, the situation sucks, and she is being selfish with her Kindle. So, give her something else to do by rekindling some romance in your marriage. It's not unusual for the romance to fade over time, and for either of you to get a bit bored with the mundane day-to-day married with children life. Offer to watch the kids for the night, run her a hot bath, and encourage her to unwind. Fix dinner for her, and send the kids to a sitter for a few hours, so you can enjoy a romantic dinner at home. The ways to appreciate a stay at home parent are endless, pick something. Remind her that she is so much more than just a wife and mother to you. Remind her that she is a woman, a woman who enjoys being intimate, and most importantly, a woman who enjoys being intimate with you. Maybe by focusing on the intimacy and romance, the sex will come back in a much deeper and more meaningful way.

Sure, she should be helping fix the situation, but if she isn't you are left with a choice to make. Either you can step up, and try to get the spark back. Do nothing and let the resentment grow, and continue watching your marriage slowly fade away. Or, you can threaten to leave her. That is if you enjoy resentment, hurt feelings, and using ultimatums to get your way...which rarely has the desired outcome.

17. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

1: Your first post was intended as an insult, I answered truthfully without any insult, and you posted another insult.
    2. I see all sexual partners as a commodity, certainly to be bought (or rented/leased), but I don't sell or trade.

18. Asmodean

I wouldn't go for the threaten approach either if i wanted to solve this, but you feel about leaving and thats pretty serious. Just as a chronical lack of (not just sexual) attention. So i would make these feelings really clear to her.

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

But seriously, what did you think was going to happen after 8 years and 2 kids?

You are in this position now, because as you were growing, pretty much everyone frickin lied to you.....well that combined with when you were younger you didnt really give a crap about older people or pay attention

Think back to when you were a teen, how you viewed couples that are your age now, they were just a bunch of icky old people, you didnt give a shit

There is no happily ever after, if couples are still together 30 years later its mainly because they are too scared to change, they dont know any different anyway

Someone will probably chime in saying I'm just being negative, there is something wrong with me - but look around you, can you think of one single couple thats been together longer than you that you are actually jealous of?

They will all regurgitate the same cliches "We've never been happier" "Shes as beautiful as the day I met her" (but only when she is around) "Our love has only gotten stronger"....when the reality is Sunday drives to country towns, him being led around over priced gift shops that sell those stupid little jars of jam with what looks like a tablecloth on the top - "Oh look dear, guava rosehip marmalade, I bet Aunt edna would really enjoy this, dont you think so dear? Mmm hmm, yes dear"

Fucking yawwwwwn

Addendum: Also what age were you, what age was your oldest kid when you worked out, doesnt matter what you friggin do, kids are going to turn out the way they are going to turn out and its just a mix of them ending up with say the personality of an uncle you hate, nose of the grandma you think is ugly, or kid has same eyes as your mother which is too wierd, or worse, MIL's eyes.....because thats how chromosomes work

Or you do have a favourite kid, not that you ever say it out loud, but then you realise your parents had a favourite and you werent it

Its all a big laugh

1 person likes this.
  20. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

yes.....I stick up for old white women since you think so little of them.....i'm guessing they collectively are happy you don't bother with them........everyone is happy