How To Stop The Alt-Right

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Fueled by Coffee, Nov 17, 2016.

1. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

I'm betting you didn't know it was a paid subscription service ............... best to know the facts before you post ..........

2. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

[SIZE=11pt]So I’m still wondering – Eye claims that white men need to be championed in the same way that disadvantaged groups are but I’m still unsure as to what help you think white men specifically need? [/SIZE]

3. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

4. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

As pointed out in the post following 260 it doesn't answer the question

[SIZE=11pt]So I’m still wondering – Eye claims that white men need to be championed in the same way that disadvantaged groups are but I’m still unsure as to what help you think white men specifically need? [/SIZE]

5. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

For employment

In the US

The labor market is stratified, if not calcified, by race, with whites seeing higher wages and lower unemployment, while blacks and Hispanics cluster in lower-paying jobs… White men and women out-earn black men and women, who themselves out-earn Hispanic men and women, among full-time workers

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/11/the-workforce-is-even-more-divided-by-race-than-you-think/281175/

In the UK

In the 2011 Census, the Other White ethnic group (77%) had the highest employment rate of all ethnic groups (aged 16 to 64). This was the case for both men (82%) and women (72%) from this group.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/culturalidentity/ethnicity/articles/ethnicityandthelabourmarket2011censusenglandandwales/2014-11-13

Which would seem to indicate that white people are if anything in an advantaged position

6. lode

lode Banned

One star thread. Would not read again.

Comey cost Clinton the election. It suppressed the vote at the perfect time. She still won the most votes by 2 1/2 - 3 million votes.

This was by far the largest percentage discrepancy in the US popular vote in history with one notable exception. Rutherford B Hayes who lost the popular vote and electoral college, but got elected anyway so the Union would remove troops and effectively end reconstruction.

The left doesn't need to change much. Certainly not enough to appease internet trolls. They just need to put up as much resistance as possible. Trump is a genius among con artists, but I suspect little of substance beyond this. When people find out Trump can't bring industry back to rural America without a time machine, I suspect they'll be pissed.

1 person likes this.
  7. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

^My assessment of his votes were from hate more than anything else...hatred of Muslims, immigrants living here and hate for Hillary Clinton and President Obama...nothing else ...nothing more.....so to them, they won period....It was a hate game for them...I see by their reactions now.....
    They were not looking at the bigger picture for the most amount of damage control for many things.....and it is hate that will most likely fuel Trump throughout his presidency and Trump will continue to fuel hate for them and divide the country even further....Sad, really.

hate begets hate.

and love begets love.

There is no love now.

2 people like this.
  8. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Moon

Not disagreeing but I’d say it began with fear.

Fear makes people think and act irrationally and it trumps ‘facts’ and just look at how successful it has been in the manipulation of the gun issue in the US.

But it has long been a feature of politics for example the fear of communism helped politicians purge the US of left wing thought, hugely boost military spending and foreign interventions.

Trumps campaign from the beginning promoted a pessimistic view of an America going to hell if he wasn’t elected, fear of a future where wealthy elites in the swamps of Washington ruled, fear of the rapists and murders coming over the boarders to kill the decent hardworking Americans ( as well as taking their jobs). Fear of law and order breaking down with Black lives Matter gang’s rampaging through the streets, while thousands of Islamic terrorists wait to pounce.
    Go back and rerun the Republican Party convention and its all there.

It’s easy to turn irrational fears into irrational hatred into the supporting of irrational and dangerous political policies that are more frightening than the fears they are meant to fight.

The thing to fear is fear itself.

9. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

Oh for Pete's sake no one hates Muslims and no one hate immigrants. We are weary of Muslims because what they've done to us, western countries like Europe, and their own countries. We are not against immigrants but we are against illegal aliens.

10. MelancholyPoet

MelancholyPoet Members

What a wonderful OP. I deeply agree with all of it, except I don't see why you think of it as a way to 'defeat' the Alt. Right, when you have just listed why we should want to be part of the Alt. Right?! Rather that adding to the voices clambering to shut it down, we should all be embracing the fact that such a wonderful, amazing movement and force for genuine progress has emerged within our own lifetimes. Finally, the voice of the oppressed is beginning to be heard! Please feel free to check out a few of my poems on this subject:

http://www.hipforums.com/forum/blog/245/entry-326-britain-finally-gets-up-off-her-knees/
    http://www.hipforums.com/forum/blog/245/entry-324-bleeding-heart-brown-shirts/
    http://www.hipforums.com/forum/blog/245/entry-325-racism-still/

I have one on Islamic terrorism too, but I'm not sure I should post it lest I get accused of 'hate speech'! :***(

11. MelancholyPoet

MelancholyPoet Members

"I love the great despisers, for they are the great adorers" - F. W. Nietzsche

#LegalizeNaturalHumanEmotion

12. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Mac

Oh for Pete’s sake of course some people hate Muslims and ‘others’, just go on any white supremacist website, the exact people that wish to be part of the ‘alt-right’ movement.

Who the fuck is ‘we’ - what ‘we’ do you think you are speaking for?

Who are us?

Too often the whole them and us thing is the seed from which hatred can grow.

And so what have Muslims ALL Muslims done to ‘us’?

I live in Europe and I know many Muslims some are my neighbours other I work with and the only thing THEY have done to US [me and my family] is to have been good neighbours and work colleagues.

13. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Not really. It seems to me with this all-or-nothing game you've been playing on me seems to be reflecting on you too. This topic isn't a black and white issue as there are lots of different factors that contribute to a person's outcome in life.

I believe in the old sayings: "It takes a village to raise a child." & "You are the captain of your own life."

I must ask you, does the village control the child's outcome in life? Are we or are we not responsible for our own decisions and every happenstance in our own lives?

There is lots of gray area in between.

I do believe ambition and attitude has more to do with success than many people think. But as I said, I don't view success as making it to become a 1%'er. Going from having nothing, to having something is a success story in of itself. Don't you also feel that fostering the right attitudes to inspire people to achieve their greatest potential will work better than telling them they are disadvantaged because we live in a conspiratorial patriarchy, and whitey will always work against them?

I won't defend the right for hardly helping at all for several years. The conventional right is all-talk-no-action in my honest opinion. The time in most recent history when the middle class arguably saw its some of its best years was the 1950s (at least in the US, I'm not sure about the UK post war though). Shortly before LBJ's great society policies which left poverty rates on the rise and stagnant. And it was Bill Clinton's crime bill that turned several black families into single-mother households, and put many black fathers in jail. Clinton's crime bill was the worst thing to happen to the black community since the British slave trade.

I think heavy subsidizes and hand-outs can remove almost all ambition and incentive to actually go out and find work. Especially if the benefits of not working outweigh the rewards of working. And I do believe that leftists have created that environment in certain communities where they have the most control. Does it mean ALL the people would rather not improve their lives, and prefer to live off the teat of big government? Not necessarily, but it can rob many potentially talented people of ambition.

But you said,
    "[SIZE=11pt]And I never said it was impossible, but that it harder because of right wing libertarianism. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt]And again I’m not saying there is no hope I’m saying that it is as difficult as it is now because of right wing neoliberal ideas."[/SIZE]

And I find it hard to believe considering libertarianism has gotten a very hard and steady ass-beating the last 100 years as big government policies of the left and right continue to triumph as government programs, war, and fiat currencies, and globalism continue to grow.

What are you talking about? I don't see much race baiting coming from the right at all. I guess they use people like Bobby Jindal and Ben Carson to say "Hey, look! people of color vote for us too." Misogyny? LOL the level of misogyny people like Clinton and Pelosi face from the right isn't anywhere near the level of mysogyny that Sarah Palin or any of Trump's family members put up with from the left.

Scorning a female leftist makes you ARE a sexist misogynist, man-splaining, man-spreading, patriarchal piece of human filth who needs to be sent to a sensitivity training camp. Do the same to a centrist or rightist, no they are free game.

I suppose that's the only straight white male privilige I've ever encountered in my life: The freedom to wonder off the leftist plantation without facing racism, sexism, or homophobia for having the wrong opinion from a social justice warrior.

14. 6-eyed shaman

I already said I'm for eliminating identity politics. I don't think straight white males deserve special perks any more than any other ethnicity, gender, or sexual identity. I'm for equaling the playing field.

And you don't need to repeat this question 4 times. My life has taken a busy turn this christmas season and debating you is a low priority.

Why would you even ask a question like this unless you feel there's a need to single them out and put them to the back of the line?

And social justice leftists like you continue to do so.

Look, the whole point of this thread was to give some folks on here some tough lovin' and let them realize that social justice identity politics is wildly unpopular and borderline fascist. And it's why they lost in 2016. And they will continue to lose again and again if they keep this up.

Take MTV's newest anti-white guy public service announcement they just aired for a couple days before pulling it from their Youtube channel after receiving hundreds of thousands of downvotes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBluYsydAVc

This was so unpopular and met with such vitriol that they couldn't pull themselves out of the hole they got themselves into. Deleting it didn't do any good as the internet never forgets..

Social justice and identity politics is on the decline for a good reason. This is the hateful culture you've been defending for the past 9 pages Balbus. Keep on defending it all you want, you'll just keep on losing.

2 people like this.
  15. 6-eyed shaman

I'm sorry I should've included a trigger warning.

Comey was just doing his job. To give anyone under FBI investigation a free pass so they could run a campaign would be an unprofessional breach of justice.

Even if the popular vote did matter, would Trump have lost the election? Possibly, but both candidates would've had a different campaign strategy to start with.

Its funny how everyone's opinion of the electoral college changes when it doesn't fit their opinions

[​IMG]

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The alt white, sorry i mean right, movement is based on identity politics.

Not sure how one can spend several pages condemning the identity politics of the left while justifying it for the right.

1 person likes this.
  17. lode

lode Banned

Comey was not doing his job. His job is head of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. So in any other situation, his department would bring evidence before the prosecutor at the DOJ. To avoid a conflict of interest Loretta Lynch stepped aside. That meant he was acting as head of the investigation and prosecution, which brings about a conflict of interest in itself. That why the Republicans wanted to lynch him twice when he announced no charges.

However, the DOJ follows strict guidelines not to appear like they are influencing an election by not announcing opening an investigation within 60 days of an election if they're not going to be prosecuting. Comey didn't follow that protocol, and announced a reopened investigation one week before election day. The results. Squat again. But it was just enough to suppress the vote in the right areas. Whether or not he was trying to influence the election isn't even as consequential as the fact that by not following standard DOJ protocols, he did.

Was is enough to sway the election. Probably, but who knows.

Why does it matter what Slate said in 2012? Those look like op-eds from different writers, and Obama won the popular vote in 2012. By like 5 million votes. Because of that what you're suggesting seems opaque.

18. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

Sorry dude, but what happened on 9/11 wasn't kids playing with plastic airplanes and tanks and little armymen.

19. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

And then eight years later we elect a Muslim. Lol
    Wasn't that so nice...

20. 6-eyed shaman

It's sad really. I used to believe I was a social liberal up until now. I thought of myself as a fellow traveler with many progressives on stepping out of people's lives and letting them do whatever drug they wanted (as long as they were responsible), practice alternative medicine if they wanted, get religion out of marriage, get religion out of public institutions, be pro-choice, and fight the uptight and bitter attitudes of hateful social conservatism.

Now, they are fully behind this social justice crusade, push for segregation under the disguise of safe spaces, demand censorship, indoctrinate the nation's youth that alternative ideas that challenge their own are a danger to their physical safety. They are just as hatefully bitter as the social conservatives of yesteryear who wanted to ban cuss words from music and ban violent video games. This has gotten to be so blown out of proportion that they probably think the game of pool is a racist game because it's where a white ball knocks all the colored balls off the table.