Psychedelics For Aiding With Depression And Anxiety.

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by lighthouse56, Nov 16, 2016.

1. lighthouse56

lighthouse56 Members

I was struggling with anxiety and depression issues for few years and abusing weed during this time. I kept on telling myself that the weed was making me happy but in reality it was just a bandaid solution as I felt I needed it all the time to feel normal. With psychedelics I'm able to trip and have lasting effects of that trip for a week at minimum. Not to mention I don't feel any negative effects except for feeling a bit less grounded, but honestly that could just be me slacking on my awareness practice. Just wondering if anyone else takes psychedelics regularly to help with their anxiety or just to make life a little more enjoyable. Does anybody see an issue with this?

Need me to clarify anything just ask :)

2. Maarkyy

Maarkyy Members

Never tried it so i dont know about long term effects, but i had anxiety issues aswell and reading Power of Now + meditation helped me a ton with it so id recommend that

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I think if you are using Psychedelics on a weekly basis you are pretty much doing a substitution for weed and likely not really addressing the issues.

4. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

5. max711

max711 Members

Be careful man...I took a lot of LSD when I was younger and I also needed a couple of days afterwards to feel ok again, but with shrooms, I always felt good when I woke up the next day.

Physically I`m a big and strong guy and at that time I was laughing a bit and making jokes over those people who where talking about beeing depressive...until I got one myself!
    I was working the same nightshift - from 20:00 to 04:00 - for about 4 years and had massive probs to readjust afterwards and became depressive.

Because I didn`t have medicare at that time I didn`t go to see a doctor.
    Thanks God I had the idea to go outside four times a week and walk in the woods...the sunlight and fresh air was absolutely the very best cure I could hope for...but 10 years later, life had even stronger stuff to offer...

The death of my Father and the very shitty behavior of a close family member even managed to get me traumatized and that was for sure a step worse!
    My thoughts where circling around the same thing 24/7 and I had severe sleeping problems. The bed was soaking wet and white with body salts every morning.

I started to walk 10 miles a day - five times a week, just for getting tired enough to sleep a while at night again...but this time it didn`t work out as good as before.

I`m not a big friend of chemicals and pills but the doctor convinced me to use "Trimipramin 25mg". I started using half of a pill every day and I feel very lucky that I followed the doctors advice.
    A good nights sleep is an important key to your own health and its good to know, that - with me - this medicine has no side effects and you can`t get hooked on it to.
    I should have taken this stuff a bit earlier for sure!!

Today I`m feeling totaly ok again, like before...and now I can understand other people very well, who have been kicked badly by life.

Peace