Did Anyone Else Get Suckered With The "chemical Imbalance" Nonsense?

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by matt1162, Nov 13, 2016.

1. matt1162

matt1162 Members

It looks to me like psychiatrists and pharmaceutical companies invented the phrase "chemical imbalance" to justify selling and prescribing drugs. For 26 years psychiatrists have been trying to "cure" my chemical imbalance even though there was never any lab work or any empirical evidence that there was a problem with my brain chemistry. When I pointed this out to one shrink, he discharged me as a patient because I "offended him". I used to believe psychiatrists and thought I had a problem with my brain chemistry and the only solution was to take drugs. Well, if you convince your patient that their problem is biochemical in nature and they take the drugs but the drugs are not effective, then you have a patient that feels like they have no hope. They never addressed the root of what's been causing the depression. If it were simply brain chemistry being a problem, then you would see patients going to a shrink saying they were depressed but didn't have a reason for being depressed. However, I have yet to meet a depressed person who could not provide a life situation that was causing their problem. Therefore, no shrink has ever suggested making changes in my life. Most appointments I go in and leave five minutes later with a prescription. The only reason I still go to a shrink is because they are the only doctors that prescribe benzodiazepenes. The first shrink I saw made sure that I would be taking a benzo for life. I honestly don't foresee being able to stop. I've quit taking all other psychiatric drugs. Even my current shrink prescribes a "mood stabilizer" which I pretend I'm taking but I'm not taking it. I could write a book about how much I've been harmed by so called anti-depressants.

2 people like this.
  2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Cymbalta almost killed me...

3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i tried something once and got the most worst migraines of my life so i stopped

4. Burnt

Burnt Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Before meds for me was unstable and suicidal, after meds was less suicidal acts. Better than just my own thoughts.

1 person likes this.
  5. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Ya I fell for the chemical imbalance lie, I consider myself a smart person and I think it might be true cause one of the most common compliments I get from people is that I am smart.

I fell for the lie hook line and sinker, I never thought to even question it, I trusted doctors I thought they were the most honorable people in society.

I wanted a sleeping pill so I "asked my doctor". have always been a night owl and getting up early for school and jobs was always horrible cause no matter what I could never get to bed early.

People would say just start getting up early and at night you will be tired... Maybe after 4 or 5 miserable early wakeups I would be tired enough to got to sleep early ONCE then sleep late on the weekend and back to my normal night owl.

My 'condition' is called delayed phase sleep disorder, its like being born with permanent jet lag, but all it really means is I am a night owl.

The marketing departments at the large pharmaceutical companies decided that "insomnia is a symptom of depression" to push pills and I was started on SSRIs and of course that did not work. Next Xanax, 1mg actually worked but that doctor was going to go work at a hospital instead of the walk in so he sent me to a psychiatrist. That quack said the 1 mg of Xanax was not good for me, addictive..., and started me taking 3mg! Clonopin. Take it 3 times a day... I couldn't sleep so now Remeron is added... Then I am told I am ADHD or ADD and introduced to Amphetamines, ya I liked taking those.

My whole life went to hell, I developed a tolerance to Clonopin started having tolerance withdrawals cause tolerance goes up and the dose stays the same so now you are in withdrawal so now I am having anxiety attacks I never had before so I take more then prescribed and am accused of "abusing" them. I am given some samples of Zyprexa and started on that zombie poison... My whole life went to hell cause of psychiatry. Years and years of pills and hell. Panic attacks , emergency rooms... Will I get that Ativan that makes it go away and go home or will those crooked bastards kidnap me into psych to try and coerce the shuffle and drool pills like Haldol to make bank on my insurance ? It was hit or miss.

Long story but I learned the truth about psychiatry and took my life back.

Bottom line is the psychiatric industry harms more people then they help and they don't care cause they are nothing but sociopathic soulless cockroaches who care about nothing but profits.

This is the best video I ever came across explain how the make you and keep you sick, how they harm more people then they help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOScYBwMyAA

I am not a just say no war on drugs person or suggesting that no one take psychotropic drugs. I believe everyone has the right to know what they are getting into, INFORMED CONSENT, not chemical imbalance lies and all that other broken brain marketing crap.

I have posted in these mental health forums before and someone usually comes along with 'but psychiatry helps some people...' I am sure it doeshelp some people but its about time those criminal cockroaches start addressing how many people they harm and their own criminal behavior causing them to harm more people then they help.

Look what they did to children with Risperdal,

Over the course of 20 years, Johnson & Johnson created a powerful drug, promoted it illegally to children and the elderly, covered up the side effects and made billions of dollars. This is the inside story.

These people should be in prison but instead they use a little profit to pay a fine, despicable. No honor no souls, psychopaths live among us.

6. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I'd rather be perpetually depressed than take any drug that messes with my brain chemistry. I prefer real feelings and emotions, painful as they may be, than pharmaceutically-induced ones.

The notion of a chemical imbalance is nothing more than a way to sell dangerous, mind-altering drugs since there are no tests which conclusively prove a chemical imbalance in the brain.

I've battled depression my whole life, and I have learned to deal with it.

1 person likes this.
  7. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Well my story includes psychiatric hospitals drug rehabs after they pull a blame the victim say benzodiazepine dependence is "my fault" cause I am an addict. Um no, you guys gave me addictive shit and never told me you have panic attacks and get sick if you try and stop taking it.

Anyway I have been around the psychiatric block several times, sat in countless groups and for every 100 people 99 bitch that the pills they are given don't help, the side effects suck, this crap is making me worse, the doctor is a quack... Years and years of bad results but keep trying, this time you will get "the right meds".

My favorite is when someone comes in for alcohol dependency, they know 90% of people leave treatment and go home and start drinking again but that does not stop them from giving them a "dual diagnosis" and sending them home with all kinds of pills that are dangerous to mix with alcohol ! We know the statistics and there is a 90% chance you will start drinking again but here is your Paxil abilify lithium Zoloft don't drink with it.

Then when they do drink with all the pills and get more messed up then ever its used as proof they are 'sick' and need even more pills.

The thing is most people don't look around and notice almost no one else is "finding the right meds" and think its just them that's having side effects and feeling like zombie crap, no its not just you, you are actually in the majority.

8. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I think it should be something your doctor is willing to discuss. If you brought up the topic of misdiagnosis only to be dismissed, then you should see about getting a second opinion. That's what I think about it anyway. Maybe you're on the wrong meds. And if there is a way to test for this chemical imbalance I would imagine that would be part of your conversation.

9. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

The topic here is that the chemical imbalance is one of the greatest lies ever told,

The psychiatric profession has finally come clean and confessed on a national media outlet that there is no evidence to support the Serotonin Theory of Depression. Today, on NPR’s Morning Edition there is a segment about the chemical imbalance theory, and virtually all the psychiatrists who are interviewed acknowledge that the there was never any evidence in support of the idea that low serotonin causes depression. But then, amazingly, they go on to say that it is perfectly fine to tell patients that serotonin imbalance causes depression even though they know this isn’t the case. https://www.madinamerica.com/2012/01/psychiatrys-grand-confession/

“A theory that is wrong is considered preferable to admitting our ignorance.” – Elliot Vallenstein, Ph.D.
    The idea that depression and other mental health conditions are caused by an imbalance of chemicals in the brain is so deeply ingrained in our psyche that it seems almost sacrilegious to question it. https://chriskresser.com/the-chemical-imbalance-myth/

If I have a headache and take and Advil and it goes away does it mean my headache was caused by and Advil deficiency ? Did I have an ibuprofen imbalance ?

It is known that people suffering from mental disorders and especially their families prefer a diagnosis of “physical disease” because it does not convey the stigma and blame commonly associated with “psychological problems”. A “physical disease” may suggest a more optimistic prognosis, and mental patients are often more amenable to drug treatment when they are told they have a physical disease but it still a lie.

10. matt1162

matt1162 Members

I've always felt like if I take a pill to make me feel happy, regardless of what that drug is, it's no different than getting high. So what if the drug is approved by the FDA! They also approved oxycontin as a "non habit forming" pain medicine in 1995 and 20 years later half the country is addicted to heroin because of it!

11. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

If happy pills actually worked, if they created one that blocked depression humanity would fall apart.

I lost my job, who cares I am not depressed.

My roof is leaking and my house is falling apart, who cares I am not depressed.

Everything would be who cares I am not depressed. No one would do anything.

This Side of Paradise (Star Trek: The Original Series)

[​IMG]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gMVrQ4Zq3M

12. soulcompromise

All I'm saying is that if you think your diagnosis is wrong, you should proactively get a second opinion. If you think chemical imbalances don't exist (biggest lie) I think you're misguided. I understand your position and I disagree.

13. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I am misguided ?

Give me a break, there are two words that believers in the chemical imbalance lie can't stand, they are "Prove it" .

But they never can prove it despite having the most powerful research tool ever created by man right at there fingertips, the internet, with access to thousands of times more information then the library of congress if you know how to use it right.

I am misguided... Prove it. Just try and find one scientific study that uses medical science and confirms people are mentally "ill" cause of chemical imbalances.

14. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

my friends son started acting crazy one day, he would take his son into the woods with a machete onto other peoples property for no reason, drive his unlicensed car at night with no plates and no lights on. couldnt hold a job, if his boss said one thing he didnt like he would quit. he went through so many jobs that he applied at one place and the guy said "you worked here already and you did a bad job"
    my friend would ask him a question and his son would turn to him and stare for a minute then after a minute say "huh?"
    one of the jobs he got was a 45 minute drive away. my friend would drive him. one day he decided he wanted to walk the whole way. needles to say he was late for work that day and ended up sleeping on the beach rather than going home.
    after he had some serious run ins with the law and should have gotten jail time but the cop let him off easy, my friend took him to the local mental hospital, it was run like a rehab, he was there for like 4 months he is on some chemical balance pills and now he is just like he was before he had the mental breakdown.

so my conclusion is that no doubt docs like to just throw pills at the problem, (my mom takes more than 10 a day and i think they are all to counter the side affects of the 1 or 2 she really needs). but there is such thing as chemical imbalance. it isnt a complete lie, its just way over diagnosed.

1 person likes this.
  15. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Prove it with scientific evidence.

Some people have crippling anxiety but it is not a chemical imbalance.

Let’s use the anxiety example of fear of public speaking. Fear of public speaking isn’t a chemical imbalance. It is an emotional reaction to a belief. The belief a person has is may be that , “They think I’m a stupid idiot when I talk.” Fears associated with what other people think of us are very common. Fix the belief you fix the unwanted emotional reaction to it, the anxiety.

Said a clever quack to an educated physician: "How many of the passing multitude, do you suppose, appreciate the value of science, or understand the impositions of quackery?"
    "Not more than one in ten," was the answer.
    "Well," said the quack, "you may have that one, and I'll have the other nine."

HE WOULD HAVE RECOVERED FROM THE MENTAL BREAKDOWN WITHOUT THE LOBOTAMY PILLS.

"In the West, about one in four people recover very well from a first attack of the illness and remain well for many years. In non-Western countries the outcome is conspicuously better; about one in two people do well,"

Welcome to the Church of Psychiatry, where they practice faith-based “medicine”…
    No longer are you possessed by demons, able to be cured by trepanning holes into your skull. No, now you have a “brain disorder”, another invisible force inside you acting on you to “cause” you to feel and behave in ways that are separate from who you are as a person, and we call this method of recording unobservable phenomenon…faith-based science. We can’t see it, but we just know it has to be there somewhere, because well, what the fuck else could it be? Unfortunately, the unseen, undetectable, psychiatric “brain disorder” is incurable. That’s right. You were better off when they were blaming the demons and boring holes in your cranium. Even back then, there is evidence that people survived the “treatments” and tried them again and again.

Psychiatry’s “treatments” often don’t work. Even the industry shills will admit to that; however, all logic stops there. They will then continue to preach compliance with the same ineffective course of action despite the fact that, the evidence from the past 50 years has shown that the treatments have actually worsened long-term outcomes. There is an epidemic of psychiatric disability. How can this be, if the treatments are so much better that they were in the past? You are better off having a “psychotic” episode in Nigeria than in the U.S. Why? Because third-world countries have better recovery rates for so-called “schizophrenia” than the United States and other industrialized nations that keep their psychiatric patients “maintained” on the drugs. In the United States, one “psychotic” episode will almost always land you in psychiatric wasteland for the rest of your life. It is psychiatry itself that created the “chronicity” in so-called “mental illness”.

One definition of “insanity”: Doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results…
    But psychiatric professionals and their chemically lobotomized customer fan-base will say you have to keep trying “treatment” anyway. Without doing anything different, you are condemned to being stuck in the same so-called “mental illness” mire you are currently in. Because in all honesty, wellness requires faith in one’s ability to heal, and if you go looking for that from an external source, you can be damn certain that your misplaced faith will be bottled and sold back to you for a high price.

16. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Medical science came out with antibiotics and the number of people who got very sick or died from infection went way way down.

Medical science came out with insulin for treating diabetes and the number of people who got very sick or died from diabetes went way way down.

Psychiatry came out with all kinds of drugs for mental illness and the number of people with chronic mental illness just went up and up and up.

What is going on ?

17. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

not gonna waste my time. i know what i saw. but if you want to show scientific proof that there isnt all the more power to you

18. soulcompromise

Here is an article that seems to say just what you are saying.

http://www.peteearley.com/2015/01/30/mental-illnesses-caused-chemical-imbalances/

Now I will re-phrase what I said earlier.

If you are saying that psychiatry is a farse, then you are the one who is making things up.

19. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Pete Earley is a mouthpiece for the disgusting crooked psychiatric industry. That dude is a psycho who could care less about right and wrong or telling the truth.

“I went in and I lied. I said my son was threatening to kill me.” – Pete Early

That's what he did to his kid, so the kid in is the hospital with everyone thinking he wanted to kill his father and treated him as if that was true. That must have been a nightmare.

No hospital staff I did not want to kill my father... Believe me I am a mental patient believe me ! No your the guy who said he wants to kill his father... SCUMBAG PETE EARLY.

PETE EARLY SHOULD BE IN JAIL FOR FILING A FAULSE POLICE REPORT !!! inflicted A NIGHTMARE on his kid.

Munchausen syndrome by proxy (MSP) is a disorder in which the caretaker of a child either makes up fake symptoms or causes real symptoms to make it appear as though the child is injured or ill. The term “by proxy” means “through a substitute.” Though MSP is primarily a mental illness, it’s also considered a form of child abuse.

Many people with MSP exaggerate or lie about a child’s symptoms to get attention. Some people LIKE PETE EARLY may even have a child undergo painful or risky tests and procedures AND LIE TO HOSPITAL STAFF to try to gain sympathy from their family members or community OR TO SELL BOOKS.

GIVE ME A BIG FAT BREAK, "PETE EARLY" Pete early, NAMI and the pharmaceutical industry said.... who cares ?

20. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

[​IMG]

Pete Early, on right, is universally hated by everyone who believes in human rights for the mentally ill.

You knew you were pushing my buttons linking to that POS Pete Early's website, what gives ?

You don't believe in telling the truth and human rights for those accused of mental illness ?