Nationwide Anti-Trump Protests Rock The Us

Discussion in 'Politics' started by xenxan, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Most of these fucking protests that sprang up overnight are the work of scumbags like George Soros & company. Don't kid yourselves, this shit is far from grassroots. It's not to oppose Trump, but simply to create the chaos and divsion the system feeds off of. Anyone who partakes in one of these fake protests is simply an idiot, and I hope you enjoy the tear gas.

2 people like this.
  2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Again, you're saying every single person born in a 20 year time span is simple minded, conused, crying into their safe space, and disassociated with reality.

Insulting a huge chunk of the populace is divisive and also a bit silly. I hope maybe one day people will try to seek a better understanding of each other rather than continue to put each other down with inane, childish insults.

3. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

I live in Seattle and both this city and Portland have regular visitations from professional rioters. Part of the rational for such things is that the mass media is heavily censored and by rioting they make it harder for the mass media to ignore minority sentiments. No different from Occupy Wall Street making it difficult to ignore the widespread anger and resentment over the banking scandal that caused the collapse of the economy when the billionaire mayor of NYC arrested 26 reporters in one day and only received a slap on the wrist. When you no longer have a free press and money determines who goes to jail people will always find some other way to express themselves even in places like Iran and Egypt.

1 person likes this.
  4. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

The seeds have been sown by Trump.

Maybe the Weather Underground will reform. Then we'll see what happens.

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Just saw several photographs of protests after obama was elected, including one church "protesting" by burning a fake black man.

So some of you are free to step off your self righteous hypocritical pedestal now kthx.

6. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

Wouldn't be the same without Lou Reed..

7. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

If you're expecting superman to save you I wouldn't hold my breath. The north lost 20 soldiers for every southerner and still won the civil war simply because they had the superior guns and money. Its empire baby, and this train ain't stopping until she derails. Rioting and terrorism can only buy a few concessions when most of the population prefers to bury their heads in the sand.

8. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

And that's the same as blocking traffic, smashing windows, and putting people in the hospital, how?

9. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Yah but I think a notable difference is where was that church of the burning Obama effigy?

I'm assuming it's in a location where that type of behavior was probably expected by people who are not posturing as "forward thinkers."

In this case, we do have alot of smug, self-righteous people blabbering about nurturing various perspectives and love that have deteoriated to the level of dumb beasts destroying business, cars and other people.

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm not defending people rioting, but not many people are bothering to make a distinction between rioting and protesting are they? I've seen/heard several people point out that republicans didnt protest obama, and it simply isnt true.

11. 6-eyed shaman

oh shit this is really disturbing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwDtouclh_s

12. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

That's a fair point about making a discrepancy between protesting and rioting, but I think the fallout from this election compared to Obama's has escalated exponentially to where I don't find them particularly comparable and there is more rioting, so it's not very compelling ammunition for one to get off their "self righteous hypocritical pedestal" if were attempting to compare the times.

I'm much closer to the epicenter of the aftermath this time however, so that may be influencing my opinion on the matter.

13. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

I'd say blocking the freeways and turning over police cars would be rioting.

14. 6-eyed shaman

^Pretty much all of this^

I may've moved away from downtown Portland, but it still troubles me to see what's going on up there on the very street I lived on. I won't deny some of the things that the republicans posted on social media and protested about killing and lynching Obama were disturbing too. But that's tame compared to what's going on right now.

15. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Some additional insights as to why ignorance prevailed in the Make America Great Again movement. http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/11/10/the-dance-of-the-dunces-trump-clinton-election-republican-democrat/

16. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Thank you for your wise words, Meliai. Perhaps they fell on (many) deaf ears but it is people YOUR AGE that think like you (and my son) that stop me from losing all hope for the US.

1 person likes this.
  17. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

There's nothing wrong with Protesting - without such many Rights would not have achieved - for they were considered. purposeful and with Positive Intent
    - Rioting however is an Action filled with Negativity and often enacted with more dubious intent by faceless manipulators

18. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I realized today that I'm really lucky to be American. We have civil liberties and freedom that other countries don't get. I think it's important to remember, and though we all have the right to our opinions and free speech; the whole situation is easier to stomach if you're just grateful to be living here.

19. 6-eyed shaman

20. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_