What To Do On The First Date

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by lorancemark, Nov 7, 2016.

1. lorancemark

lorancemark Members

1)Suit up. Well, you do not really need to wear a suit in the first date, but you should really dress up to make yourself presentable. Know where you are going so you can dress appropriately too.

2)Be on time. Being on time means many things. For one, it means that you are excited and that you have prepared for the date. In addition, it would mean that the date was important enough to you that you cleared your schedule to be there on time. It would not really hurt if you show up early by a few minutes too.

3)Be yourself. Being yourself pays off - a lot. Relationships based on lies and pretentions are usually the relationships that fall apart as fast as they started. Be yourself and do not lie for her to like you. Do not plan anything and let everything fall into place naturally. Dating tips for men that would make you change yourself would not actually help you at all.

4)Keep calm. Do not let your nerves get the best of you. The only thing that being jumpy and anxious would make you is a laughingstock. It is good to laugh at your own foolishness, but it is not good if you are laughed at and not appreciated at all by all her friends.

5)Compliment her. Pay attention to how she looks. For all you know, she spent hours getting ready for the date that you are about to have. Compliment her hair or her dress, but do not be creepy about it. Compliment her eyes or just the way she looks. It might be good to be poetic about your compliment, but most women would want a simple and honest, "You look beautiful tonight".

6)Ask questions. Do not ask about the weather or where she came from prior to the date. Ask her things that, while not too personal, would make her share things with you. Ask questions that would make her think. Moreover, when she does answer, listen to her and make sure that you keep the important things in mind. This will be helpful when you see each other again for the second date.

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

There you have it folks. Straight from the fingertips of an expert. :)

1 person likes this.
  3. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

That was a politically correct, 50's style textbook list. You left out opening the door for her...
    Basically, just wing it and go with the flow. There's probably a 20-30% chance of a second date anyway, so don't sweat it.
    Seven Billion people on the planet. Not a big deal.
    If it works, great.
    If it doesn't, you probably dodged a bullet dude.

When I look and see what happened to some I felt bad about not working out back in the day, I don't feel so bad. lol
    You've seen the tv commercial where the guy gets in his car in the garage, starts it, puts it in reverse instead of drive and backs through the wall, and down the hill, right?
    Don't do that and you'll be fine.

1 person likes this.
  4. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

Buy them a drink, then back to your room for sex. That worked for my current wife.

My current girlfriend invited me to go swimming at her apartment pool, then we went back to her room for sex. I didn't even need to buy her a drink.

1 person likes this.
  5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

hmm, i usually show up about 4 hours early, and they never seem to appreciate it...

some planning is probably a good idea. true story: i once took a date to a town that was supposed to be full of things to do, assuming we'd just find something there to entertain us, and we ended up driving around for at least an hour looking for anything to do other than shop for clothes.

6. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Yeah, she didn't.
    Nobody over 16 spends hooouuuurs getting ready for a date.

7. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Actually, you can ask where she came from prior to the date.
    Keep it casual and light, it's only your first date.
    Don't stare into her eyes and try to be all deep and stuff.

8. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

7 )...Keep Your Dick In Your Pants And Act Like A Gentleman........ :D

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  9. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Did it get to 2nd date though xD

I like just driving around, but yeah, probably not an ideal date activity xD

10. F6C

F6C Members

Offer to pick her up, open the door for her, be yourself and be interested in her and her answers.

Take her for a nice meal and drop her off afterwards with a nice kiss.

11. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i prefer being an ass and dressing like a bum

that way if she's still interested her expectations will stay low and life will be much easier

and when i do nice things it will be counted as a bonus instead of something she expected in the first place

12. F6C

F6C Members

Ha ha and how's that working out for you ;)

13. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

Oh my fucking god, it's this guy again.

Bahhahahahahahahahaha! :D :D :D

Thanks guy, first good laugh of the day. ;)

14. StellarCoon

Dude, why don't you make a list for women? Don't you ever once think about them? You should make one before someone on here accuses you of being a chauvinist pig/machista!

15. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

it did not.

16. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Good Points - "All help = Gratefully received" - Just need a Hippie Chick for to put into practice ;)

17. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

But, but, but, but...what? Both? At once?

1 person likes this.
  18. StellarCoon

Ah, can't wait for the next "lorancemark" thread. ;D

19. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Being myself is what keeps me single.

1 person likes this.
  20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

on the first date, I need ass and I don't even play with them bitches that don't fuck cause all I know they could be some dude with their nuts clucked.