Kindergarten Teacher Bans Legos For Boys Citing ‘Gender Equity’

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by StellarCoon, Nov 7, 2016.

1. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

I'm on my 5th kid now, the girl chose to play with dolls and tea sets, the boys wanted guns, trucks, lego, and computer games.
    They did all enjoy Plasticine. I didn't choose any of their stuff (after the first child), they all chose which toys to play with.

As for the last bit, fuck me, that sounds like child abuse.

2. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I don't have kids. I don't know if I ever will due to some reasons. I do want them, though. And I do want to raise them as gender neutrals. But, I have no idea how to do that. If I ever do have kids, which I doubt it, I'll figure it out. Parents seem to figure things out as they go. All I know is I don't want to choose for them. I don't want to buy toys cars for my boy's birthday or dolls for my girl. I want them to tell me what they want and I'll go buy it. But, I'm thinking the difficulty will be when they're infants, in which they can't tell me, "Hey, mom... I want this or that."

As for the story, I think for the most part parents are not extreme when it comes to which side they're on. They're not banning legos or talking about their kid being gay because they wore eyeshadow. But, we all have been in that one or two situations where we do see extreme parenting. I's not essentially child abuse, though. It's like calling social service because you see a parent spanking their child. That's not child abuse. That's just a different way of parenting. But, yea... as a bystander watching... it's hard not to think that and intervene.

3. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I wouldn't ever raise my children as gender neutrals.
    Ever.

1 person likes this.
  4. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Well, fuck you then. Just kidding. I might change my mind when I get older. But, I have been considering this style of parenting for a few years now. So, who knows? For all you guys know I might raise them as Nazis. It's my kids. Can do what I want with them. No, seriously... I just want them to be happy and healthy little boogers.

5. Perfect Disorder

Perfect Disorder Paradoxically Spontaneous

My only realized son is both life and death. The sun and the moon. Silent yet shouts incessantly. Tuvyah and Colton have found the endless river they nourish themselves upon the roots of all existence and non-existence. Balance is maintained harmony never ceasing in its perfect disorder

6. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

"Indoctrinated" is a more gentile term, but it's viewpoint rather than simply a personal attack.

I also criticized olddude's comments about porkstock, so it's not like I'm just being one-sided.

7. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

The teacher in question should be reprimanded or fired.

"Playing" with Legos is part of the educational experience of the children, no one should be denied.

I taught many a class of males and females computer programming and principles of engineering using Legos in conjunction with Lego based based Logo languages.

http://youtu.be/EDwFOV3mMjk​

1 person likes this.
  8. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

thank you kind sir