Self Harm

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by TipsyGypsy, Nov 6, 2016.

1. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

anyone else here self harm? by whatever method it may be.

2. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

Yes, I run and cycle every day until my muscles and joints hurt a lot.

2 people like this.
  3. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Self-harm has been around for many a year - it is to stimulate and provoke reaction
    However, there are limits to this that can become a danger to ones self
    One must take care not to let this self-harm/self-help get to a level where/when endangerment becomes a primary act that leads to obsession and/or final solution

4. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

I eat junk food.

1 person likes this.
  5. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Self Harm Every Day By Reading Running Mans Posts........ :D

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  6. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

I like to binge on anything I can get my hands on that relieves the boredom of a long slow death in a dying world

What if...

when we die we are forever again born into another creature on the earth
    and that's it forever

for the rest of of all time until the end of eternity we must seek food, air, water, shelter from the world that sustains us and death?

7. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

One hopes that consideration, deliberation and moderation remains

8. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I have a buddy who used to cut but managed to totally quit but has numerous scars from it. He also quit drinking,I met him at AA meeting. When we were talking about mental health stuff he also said he has a borderline personality diagnosis but I don't think so cause I have met BPDs and he doesn't do that. They say the two often go together so a doctor in a hospital must have tagged him with the borderline diagnosis after the classic inpatient 5 minute interview they charge an hour for when the cutting came up.

If I had all those scars and people asked me how I got them and I did not feel like telling I would say I worked with baby tigers at a zoo once and got scratched a lot or worked in a vets office handling cats or something. My buddy laughed at that one.

boarderline personality quiz www.google.com/search?q=boarderline+personality+quiz

Most people have never heard of that diagnosis cause no drugs have been approved by the Food and Drug Administration specifically for the treatment of borderline personality disorder so big pharma is not playing zillions of dollars worth of ask your doctor ads. One of the symptoms associated with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is the urge to self-harm.

9. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

If it were me, I'd probably say something like "fuck you asshole, mind your own fucking business".

Working with baby tigers at a zoo sounds like it would be nice though.

10. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

Anyone around to talk? :(

11. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I self-harm. Right now, it's solely cutting with occasional burning. But, I've been self harming since I was a baby. Granted, people said I did it back then to get attention, or try to get attention, anyways. And now my reasons to self harm are to keep all my thoughts and emotions inside, so that I don't bother anyone else with them. It's for control, distraction, focus. I don't even think I self-harmed for attention back then. I think it was the same reasons as now; control. But, people always think it's because of attention. That, or they think the person is just crazy. Good for you, Wannabe Psychologist Douchebag... you just broke the mystery of human anguish. Here is a cookie, dumbass.

Anyways, My methods back then weren't the most refined. I would just hit myself against something over and over. But, I've changed my methods over the years. Pinching and scratching myself until I break skin. Buying those little glass candles, taking it home, and squeezing it until I crack it. Stuff like that, but now it's just cutting, sometimes burning.

Also, it's partly an addiction now. I just need to do it.

12. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Apparently, people with BPD are known for self-harming, particularly of the cutting kind. Also, I read that if kids are headbangers, and do other more violent means of self-harm, because cutting isn't that violent, that they probably have early BPD. But, professionals can't diagnose a kid with BPD, so it goes untreated.

I don't know. That's just what I read.

13. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

:( [​IMG]

Sorry to hear this aoabai

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I sit in the dark talking to myself, anybody please tell me why I need help I'm in love with pain and take a needle or a knife and drive that mofo through my windpipe and I might just take a razor blade, dip it in some gas and try to cut a skin off the calves. Grotesque I'm a walking body bag and when it all heals... I pick the scabs.

15. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Don't give me that sad face. I'm good. I just want to die. It's cool. It's just the truth.

16. MADDENEDMAN

MADDENEDMAN Members

I know the feeling aoabai, cutting here too, its obsessive for one because it looks so pretty after and feels so great for another

17. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Yea, the aftermath of cutting is delightful as well. Watching the blood drip, days later accidentally hitting it and feeling the slight sting, touching it when it first heals, and touching it after it heals. Sometimes some of my scars hurt like they did when I first got them, and the weird thing is that I got them years ago. They hurt like that when other people touch them.

Like I have said before on this God foresaken board, everyone has a vice. Mine happens to be cutting. Also, I'm more honest than most people about my vice, and other insecurities.

18. MADDENEDMAN

MADDENEDMAN Members

Or when you get in a shower or bath and its really hot and the cuts sting and swell and go red, hiding them is no fun though and no one seems to appreciate the poetry to the inflicting pain, are you in the US? i feel like we could be friends

19. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I mainly wear long sleeve shirts, or lower my sweater to cover my arms. Or I wear these laced armwarmers that I have had for years. I've been cutting my arms for years that I cut over old scars now. So, I started cutting my inner thighs, and I have been thinknig about cutting my back. That would give me more surface, and that is easier to cover up.

I live in the U.S.

20. MADDENEDMAN

MADDENEDMAN Members

same here, the cold weather is useful for that, i try to stick to my upper arms or torso

I'm in Chicago where are you