I Wish I Could Disable My 'dream Censor'!

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by gintare, Nov 2, 2016.

1. gintare

gintare Members

last night i was stabbed through by the knitting neadle, a very antisanitaric one. It seemed to be time for me to remember that "it's just a dream". But no - some force inside (or outside me) almost in every such a case prevents me from challenging the reality in a dream.
    Three nights before I managed to became aware of my dream. but for a very short time: I was looking at my hands. Suddenly I had cramps in my middle finger, focused on it and woke up. I suspect that those cramps and my lasting inability to tell a dream from a reality have one source. it's a "dictator of a common sence" or "dream censor" or something like that.
    People! Tell me please how to fight this censor!

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

recognize that the dream universe is not this one. let go of the idea, that even in this, everything is limited to what is known, because its not.
    science is the limit of knowledge, but knowledge is not any sort of limit to possibility, or even existence.

its the ego that demands it has to know everything. it doesn't.
    as long as people can be be considerate without it, and we all can,
    there is no need or reason to believe the falsehood that there is any such thing as normality.

we also don't need to pretend there can't be as much that is greater then ourselves as is less,
    to recognize the reality, that no one, no belief or anything else, knows anything about what is,
    or needs to for it to exist.

1 person likes this.