The Clintons Piss Me Off

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LagunaBeach, Oct 31, 2016.

1. LagunaBeach

LagunaBeach Banned

Your desperate. They did threaten women who wanted to expose Bill as a sexual predator and rapist and Hillary as him enabler.

2. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Laguna

What are you talking about?

3. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Laguna

Can you give any details any specifics?

And who decides what is ‘intelligence’?

Ok then can you explain them?

You’d need to explain what you mean by ‘rugged individualist’

4. LagunaBeach

LagunaBeach Banned

I'm going with your having no clue of the fundamental tenets of our Founding Fathers.

If you have no clue of Thomas Jefferson's rugged individualist, you might be one that ought not vote. If you don't know John Locke. you probably ought not vote.

Intelligence is always measured objectively.

5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Hillary is my choice for president. Maybe I'm in the wrong thread then, but for the record; what do we know about her that could piss people off?

6. LagunaBeach

LagunaBeach Banned

You obviously haven't stayed abreast on political ideology.

Are you good with being replaced with an H-1B worker? having your job shipped overseas? Having a bureaucrat make medical decisions for you.

You are not alone. Many people fear liberty. They'll trade it in a second for the illusion of security.

7. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Laguna

LOL – so let’s see when asked to give an example of your knowledge and ‘intelligence’ you duck out of it and evade. It's not a great start is it?

So again - Can you explain the intricacies (in your opinion and in your own words) of the core tenets of the US's 'Founding Fathers'
    [SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]But from whose objective, based on what criteria? [/SIZE]

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Hillary advocates for a no fly zone in Syria. Just one example.

They're both horrible candidates. She is a hawk and he is a moron.

9. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

no shit....i'd do the same...doesn't make me a bad boss.....you ever known a woman scorned to not threaten the mistress

lol I fuckin love that y'all hate the Clintons so much and cant do fuckall about Hillary winning the potis twitter handle ;)

10. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

In the end you are just one of the sheep who will focus the anger on the one public face, when there are 10s of thousands of others in your federal government that initiate and implement policy change.

The ruling elite has only been in charge since the Clintons?

I could rip all your founding fathers a new one, but that's for its own thread .

This in itself is part of the problem, you, like so many others will only direct the anger to those you can see, what you can see

Anger directed at what is hand fed you on the internet, becuase you can't be bothered doing much investigating yourself.

Complain about the bias of big media corporations who are in the business of selling you what you are most likely to click on regardless of whether it makes you react positively or negatively

You are in part the cause of what you are complaining about

2 people like this.
  12. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

It seems to me that there are systematic problems with the US political system and have been for a while and adding to that problem is the belief of many Americans that a change of President can ‘fix’ the system because it adds to the general malaise when that doesn’t seem to happen.

But the systematic problems people notice came about due to change, it was just change for the worse and often it is the same people who hope to ‘fix’ the system that voted for things that made the system worse.

Support for Trump is just the lasted (and most obvious) example of this phenomena in action.

[SIZE=11pt]Many people who are supporting Trump are angry and the basis of this anger seems to be in large part based on their economic situation, but many of these are long term right wing voters who have presumably being voting for previous right wing politicians who brought in the policies that brought about the economic situation in which those voters now find themselves.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]And it’s not like this wasn’t known I mean even before Thomas Frank wrote What's the Matter with Kansas? people were asking why so many seemed to be voting against their own interests. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Basically the US elite (individuals, institutions and government) colluded in the purging of left wing ideas in the US from the 1940’s to the 70’s from then on right leaning ideas dominated and from the 80’s the two major parties often had similar neoliberal policies (free market, free trade). The same neoliberal policies that those that voted for them are now complaining about - BUT the strange thing is that many still seem to have views that are shape by free market and Social Darwinist thinking that underpins neoliberalism.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]They seem to be saying they want neoliberlism but without any the side effect that might hit them adversely – the problem is that neoliberal policies will always adversely affect the majority of people because its set up to advantage only a few.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The US needs a left wing, is needs a new vision and it needs to dump neoliberalism.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]My fear is that the lessons will not be learnt that if Clinton gets things continue to get worse.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]My hope is that in the breathing space of a Clinton Administration people can come together in a new progressive movement ready for the next election cycle. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]My great fear is that Trump gets in and things get a lot worse really quickly, and hope dies.[/SIZE]

13. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I would disagree with this statement. I know many well off people who support Trump. These are people with in ground swimming pools, multiple late model expensive vehicles, big houses, land, etc. One couple I know is thinking of buying a second house in France. They just think they deserve more and Trump will give it to them. After all the government makes them pay taxes!!! Can you image that?

Then I know of some who think the government is too big and it gives stuff away to lazy no accounts. Trump will stop this. Off course they get a government subsidy in the form of WIC aid (Women's, Infants, and Children's food supplements). And they also own late model vehicles, two houses, etc. How do they qualify for government aid? Simple, they cheat on their income tax by not declaring much of their income. After all the government makes them pay taxes!!! Can you image that? But Trump will fix that...somehow, and still allow them to benefit from government aid while kicking out the scum and freeloaders.

1 person likes this.
  14. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

MeAgain

I agree not all of those voting for Trump are feeling the pinch and I’d also add that Karl Rove’s thing about ‘God, Guns and Gays’ is still working for many. I’ve heard a number of voters saying they will vote for Trump just because they know Hillary is for abortion (up to the ninth months) and wants to take away any right to own a gun.

1 person likes this.
  15. soulcompromise

I'm not trading for illusions. I'm on board because I know she will make the right decisions, and believe me.. decisions have to be made. You have to budget for all these different programs on a limited sum of money. The funding comes from somewhere. I don't know how it works, and I'm not telling you that I do. But what I do know is that it's a simple matter of deciding what is more important.

You see examples of having to decide what's more important with alot of the propositions that go onto the ballot when we vote. Where should the money go?

1 person likes this.
  16. LagunaBeach

LagunaBeach Banned

Yeah, last one I've known went to jail for criminal threat. She might lose her professional license.

Hillary, on the other hand, is a member of our ruling elite. Membership in that exclusive club accords her immunity from laws that apply to the unwashed masses.

Many voters have no character, dignity, or honor. They'd vote for Charles Manson if he promised to give them free shit. That's why our country is treading sewer water. We have a very dumbed down electorate.

1 person likes this.
  17. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

It often seems that as Americans that when election time comes, we seem forced to pick between the lesser of two evils.
    I know that Trump annoys and scares many, but at least he wants to make America great again. For a good reference, look for this year's Republican National Convention, when the past NY Mayor Rudy Giuliani speaks. I think I posted it on this site sometime just a while ago.
    That speech sums it all up.
    I cringe (put politely) at the mere thought of another Clinton Administration. Especially this one!!
    Trump says he's going to make America great again. He has outlined what he wants to do. Basically, to end the corruption that has maligned the look of America in Foreign and Domestic issues over the past eight years.

I don't fathom what is so bad about that. What is there to be scared of? Unless one likes Government Corruption on a grandiose scale. And the nauseating effect it's had on our national economy.

18. LagunaBeach

LagunaBeach Banned

Oh yeah, I know. Like selling influence to foreign interests, using private servers that are easily hacked, threatening victims of her husband's sexual violence, probably a principal to Bill's crimes of sexual violence and predation, assuredly an accessory to Bill's crimes, sleeping while Americans were viciously murdered. Yep, she's a gem all right: a fugazi.

What in God's name could Hillary do for you that would cause you to willingly compromise your honor, integrity, and character by voting for that moron? Is she gonna give you a Hillary phone? Put you out of work and on welfare?

19. soulcompromise

I think she has the best qualifications. And we all make mistakes.

20. Eleven

Eleven Member

Sounds as if some of us here have fallen for the multi-million dollar effort launced in 1992 to smear the Clintons because they were simply a little left of the right. Yes, Bill and Hillary have been demonized.

The corporate titans who invested in Rush Limbaugh, Hannity, David Barton, FOX, etc. will reap their reward if Trump is elected. The Culture War will have been won by the right.

In a sense, it may have all begun when the CIA gave acid to the hippies, as part of a grand misdirect.

2 people like this.