You Are Not The Problem

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by StellarCoon, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

This is not my problem.

2. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

It's ok, you're still young. There's hope for you yet.

1 person likes this.
  3. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

The reason I brought this topic up at this particular point in time is because in light of current events, considering where western societies may possibly be heading, with the present, real, looming(and growing) threat of social division, it is imperative that subjects such these be brought to the forefront of the public eye, that these questions be made, and our present values be revisited and reviewed under a scope of objectivity, rationality, and sanity, and the spirit of inquiry be rekindled if we wish to preserve our values and prevent yet another historic disaster.

As a society we should not teach and enforce the idea of conformity for conformity's sake. Conformity is not inherently virtuous. It is dangerous and barbaric to trade evidence and reasoning for emotion and blind passion. It is a backwards mindset that can have dire social consequences down the road. Instead we should encourage debate and critical analysis, awareness and free thinking, if we wish for our societies to value such things.

Historically, when a society sustains an economic blow, usually a waning collective consciousness ensues, intolerance grows, there is a rise of psudo-intellectualism and the demagogues, leaders who utilize the pervasive social fear and the collective frustration to bring about the wrong type of change, consciously or otherwise, for their own benefit. Axioms such as the one highlighted here are weaponized and incorrectly applied against free-speech, free-thought, and free-expression to enforce state indoctrination. This anti-intellectual mindset is something which should be actively combated and deterred. Mob mentality is something to be discouraged, not celebrated.

These changes are already taking place, or at least strongly urging to enter our reality. We witness them in proposals of asinine laws and policies which hitherto would have seemed too utterly ridiculous to even be considered, alarming statements from public officials, and in the behavior and words of your regular western citizens.

1 person likes this.
  4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I once met a guy (gay goth of course) who wore the first quote on a t shirt and he ment it. He was very whiny and concerned with himself.

5. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

You talk of impending social division yet call for anti-conformism.Isn't this a contradiction? Yes,everyone should be encouraged to be themselves,within the law,but should this be the case then you have to accept not everyone will be like you or think like you.Are you really in favour of radical alterity or are you just pushing cultural norms of the alternative left?

6. StellarCoon

Of course not, they are not mutually inclusive. One can conform to social divisibility(racism, sexism, ageism, etc.). Conformism is omnifarious, however evidence and objectivity are more rigid and paint their own picture and can actually lead to something stable as they are based on real physical laws.

Which law? Of what country? Based on which principles? Written after which battle/revolt? With what intention? Human law is not immune to analysis.

7. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

We all have to live within the laws of the country we live in or take the risk of violating those laws.No law is immutable to change but come to be from a codification of values built upon historical precedents of what is generally considered necessary for society,and as such become constitutionally enshrined through acts of parliament.This is called civilization.

Secondly you seem to be saying that your particular values and mindset are justified by evidence and physical laws.So you seem to be advocating moral relativism as you see the law but absolutism as regards your particular prescription for how you would have people think and behave.I think it apposite here to consider that others have autonomy of thought and action as befits what is of advantage to them,their class,race and religion.

8. StellarCoon

And certain laws should be actively violated because they are uncivilized, and to follow them would simply be an act of barbarism. All civilizations have laws, however not all laws are civil. Laws are created by fallible men, the human beings that follow these laws are not static automatons, but living breathing evolving beings of change and progress..

Please, let's not assume that such assemblies are devoid of corruption. It is through the public, constant public pressure and the educated eye that these are even maintained.

"enshrined" - very poor choice of words and unhealthy way of looking at man-made concepts.

The "generally" is precisely what is being challenged here, the concept of the general view and how it can be misapplied by the less than knowledgeable under certain circumstances, and how leaning too much on this idea without the proper investigation, analysis, and cautions can cause an array of social issues. In the modern scope of our knowledge of world religious sects/denominations, creeds, customs, traditions, and biology, to implement a "general" view when it comes to human relations is almost vulgar.

The view I have offered is that society run in accordance to objective evidence, not bias or whim.

9. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

I don't have a problem with anyone here. Does anyone here have a problem with me? If you do then we shall solve this problem. :bandana: [​IMG]

I'm a loner that doesn't care much to interact with most people. As long as people can respect that, its all good. The majority of people seem to be ok from a distance.

10. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

Or you could move to a country where you prefer the laws.

11. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

I always thought society was run for the convenience of the rich and powerful.

12. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

The UK has a policy of making it's internal laws applicable overseas,so anything that is a crime in UK would also weigh upon a UK national in the Philippines for example.

13. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

I'd better not drive my scooter without a helmet on any more then!

14. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

who is this "we" you speak of?
    slavery is still a very big thriving business worldwide, it's just not legal.