How I Cured My Lpr(Laryngopharyngeal Reflux Aka Silent Reflux)

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by StellarCoon, Oct 29, 2016.

1. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

What started off as a very slight, hardly noticeable, pain in my lower right abdomen(beginnings of an ulcer), and then 7 years later became a trip to the emergency room, and finally progressed into a tight-throat/excessive saliva production/choking feeling, I myself traced the cause back to this little guy:

Helicobacter pylori
    [​IMG]

When I first complained to my doctor about pain in my lower right abdomen at age 18, he scheduled me to see a sonographer. They found nothing, and coincidently the pain went away momentarily. But some weeks later the pain resumed, on an on and off basis, sometimes lasting weeks without incident.

Finally, when I reached age 25 the pain hit harder than ever. I thought I had appendicitis, and for 4 days I self medicated until I could no longer bare it. I took garlic cloves to fight off the supposed infection to no avail. Went to the ER, they performed a CAT scan, but found nothing. The doctor wrote it up as over-trained/possibly damaged abdominal muscles. Told me to take a break from my workouts and sent me home.

Now at 27 I started experiencing odd and somewhat scary symptoms I hadn't before: Excess saliva production, choking feeling/tight-neck after drinking water, acid reflux after drinking coffee, soft-drinks, or consuming alcohol. So I studied everything the bug enjoyed, and did the complete opposite.

TLDR:

To kill H.pylori, heal the ulcers produced by them, and cure LPR naturally, do the following:

Consume:
    sweet apples(Macintosh)
    fruits
    oatmeal
    Olive oil(helps heal damaged stomach lining)
    green vegetables
    low fat meats
    small meals

Avoid:
    Fatty foods
    garlic
    peppers/spicy foods
    fried foods
    sodas
    coffee
    oranges/lemons/limes
    tomato/ketchup
    processed sugars
    alcohol
    overeating

General guide(minus the milk-based products)
    [​IMG]

2. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Yea, I used to get acid reflux and had to be put on a PPI for a few months but found out I could control it by avoiding certain foods.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Apple cider vinegar and Metamucil.
    Also I learned from the man v food guy that bananas are good for neutralizing stomach acids. I've been eating regularly and no problems.

The trigger foods for me however happen to be some of my favorite food, like rich sauces and Asian dishes. I definitely have altered my diet over the last 3 years. I think processed meats also hurt me with the high salt contents but jerky doesn't appear to do much. I love jerky. :) it's just protein. :)

1 person likes this.
  4. r0llinstoned

I bought a big bottle of ACV after work tonight :p

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I saw this unfiltered stuff at the store. Two bottles. I didn't pick the brand up but it wasn't braggs so I didn't buy it. :D

Also, when you have uttered popcorn, splish splash some ACV over it and OMG. It's the best.

6. r0llinstoned

ewwwwwww hale nah

ill drink it but i aint puttin it on any of my food :D

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

No trust me though. It's really good. Actually I think I read it on the braggs bottle. :D don't drench. I just pour into a spoon then dab my fingers and flick it on. :)

8. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

Dudes, I've seen your selfies and like (I was) you are all grossly overweight.
    Gall bladder problems caused by blockages caused by lack of exercise.

2 hours intense exercise every day can cure all these symptoms and you can eat what you like after the first 3-6 months.
    I've reduced from a 40" waist (90Kg) to a 32" waist (75Kg) in the last 3 years, and ALL my eating disorders have gone away.
    Stop exercising for a month, and guess what, they all start creeping back.

PS
    The poster is wrong, Dairy should be on the bad side (RUN), Oats and other minimally processed grains on the good side (YUM).
    Also the breads are on the (RUN) side, but that's only because of all the chemical additives in modern bread, cook it yourself using just yeast and flour and it (at the worst) does no harm.

1 person likes this.
  9. StellarCoon

Several things worthy of being addressed here:

1. It is true that the majority of the cases concerning reflux/stomach issues centers around bad diet, however not necessarily being overweight. When it started for me I was almost underweight. I exercised everyday for almost 2 hours, often jogging at the park and shadow boxing sessions along with weight-training. Around age 24 I looked very much like a bodybuilder, had several people as me to train them and for dieting advice, so this is a bit more complex than being a little chubby. In retrospect I think the issue here were the milk-products and food preservatives.

2. True, if you stop these symptoms will return.

3. H.pylori flourishes when there are imbalances in the gut. The majority of adults are lactose intolerant, so it is better to remove that potential disaster altogether at least for one month to avoid the slightest chance of imbalance. So I agree, it should be on the run side, I indicated that at the top of the poster.

4. A big suspect for gut chemical imbalance are food preservatives, found in processed wheats/flours. Best remove that high suspect item entirely for safety.

1 person likes this.
  10. StellarCoon

Indeed, I felt almost instant improvement after eating 3 apples a day.

11. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

wtf