Too Much Fiber?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Jimbee68, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

As I often tell my doctors (and others), I easily get 100% of the recommended daily allowance of dietary fiber. I take two fiber supplements a day (originally, on my doctor's orders). And I each foods rich in fiber too.

But as of late, I have been wondering. Is there such a thing as TOO MUCH fiber? The health professionals I talk to don't have too much to say. I tell them, and they have no comment usually. So apparently it isn't (that?) bad.

What do the rest of you think: is too much, possible?

:toilet: :toilet: [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

1 person likes this.
  3. Greninja

Greninja Members

Even though there are several benefits of getting enough fiber, taking in too much can leave you bloated and gassy. Ironically, when you get your fiber intake right you should experience far less gas and bloating than you did before increasing your fiber. Finding the right amount of fiber to keep your digestive system balanced is key. You don’t need to be overzealous and overcompensate for a lack of fiber by eating more than is necessary. Your body thrives on moderation and variety, so don’t rely on any one food item to bring you all the fiber you need. Make it a group effort from fruits, vegetables, beans, and nuts.

4. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

Supplements are for sick people.

5. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

I once ate 17 fiber one bars in one day. I didn't know they were fiber bars at the time. Boy were they good. But yea too much fiber means a shit (giggity) load of time on the shitter.