Click to shop at FS Books
Photo
- - - - -

California Marijuana Legalization Intiative On The Ballot!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HipChris

HipChris

Assistant to the Creator

• Administrators
  • 3,305 posts

Posted October 28 2016 - 08:36 AM

California Secretary of State Alex Padilla pleased at least 60% of the state this morning with the news that an initiative to legalize marijuana for recreational use has qualified for the November 8th general election ballot.Here is the official summary of the proposed legislation as it will appear in the ballot:

MARIJUANA LEGALIZATION. INITIATIVE STATUTE. Legalizes marijuana and hemp under state law. Designates state agencies to license and regulate marijuana industry. Imposes state excise tax on retail sales of marijuana equal to 15% of sales price, and state cultivation taxes on marijuana of $9.25 per ounce of flowers and $2.75 per ounce of leaves. Exempts medical marijuana from some taxation. Establishes packaging, labeling, advertising, and marketing standards and restrictions for marijuana products. Allows local regulation and taxation of marijuana. Prohibits marketing and advertising marijuana to minors. Authorizes resentencing and destruction of records for prior marijuana convictions. Summary of estimate by Legislative Analyst and Director of Finance of fiscal impact on state and local government: Net reduced costs ranging from tens of millions of dollars to potentially exceeding $100 million annually to state and local governments related to enforcing certain marijuana-related offenses, handling the related criminal cases in the court system, and incarcerating and supervising certain marijuana offenders. Net additional state and local tax revenues potentially ranging from the high hundreds of millions of dollars to over $1 billion annually related to the production and sale of marijuana. Most of these funds would be required to be spent for specific purposes such as substance use disorder education, prevention, and treatment. (15-0103.)

Millions of joints were sparked up and the day began in a celebratory haze for most of these happy people.
They say the fog is extraordinarily thick in San Francisco this morning.

Posted Image

Click here to view the article
discover-nature.jpg

#2 drumminmama

drumminmama

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,261 posts
  • LocationPlanet earth, until I find a bigger playground

Posted October 28 2016 - 08:51 AM

The measure will make possession of more than a few grams of non taxed pot a felony. That means home grown gets you jail.

I voted against this. It can be done better. Let's wait and get a good law.

Things that need to be worked out:
What's driving under the influence? How do you measure that without violating rights? I'm not peeing in a cup for a cop on a roadside.
What zoning laws will be used? This law allows entire municipalities to diasallow pot sales and cultivation.
Will smoke free now apply to pot? (Typically it gets ignored at say, concerts. A cigarette is booted, a pot pipe ignored)
Will people be allowed to smoke in public, as in walking down the street? Do you legislate as alcohol or tobacco?

The fine print makes this measure a travesty.
  • NoxiousGas likes this
have or want long hair?
Colorado Forum

Unless I post MOD NOTE, I'm replying as a member of the community.

#3 NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas

Old Fart

• PipPipPip
  • 7,145 posts
  • LocationIn the bowels of all mankind

Posted October 28 2016 - 11:34 AM

HipChris, your link is to a HF page that is identical to what you posted here, was that what you intended?

"Do the walls close in and suffocate ya,
you ain't got no friends and all the others they hate ya,
does the life you been leading gotta go?"

"get your shoes and socks on people,
it's right around the corner"

"the poodle bi-i-ites,
the poodle chews it"

#4 orison

orison

my dog is full of stars

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 64,913 posts
  • LocationKissMyAss Penisylvania

Posted October 28 2016 - 11:53 AM

System glitch this was probably created in 2010 when Proposition19 was purposed. It is now Proposition 64..

gallery_104050_1936_34168.jpg

Into the flood again
Same old trip it was back then
So I made a big mistake
Try to see it once my way

Click to shop at Sensi Seed Company