• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,602 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach

Posted October 27 2016 - 06:49 AM

Jurassic World
Movie Blurb by Shale
June 12, 2015

This was the BIG movie this week, projected to do good at the box office and possibly break records. The aggregate critics on Rotten Tomatoes give it 70% fresh and 87% of audiences liked it. What I find interesting is the Critics Consensus: Jurassic World can't match the original for sheer inventiveness and impact, but it works in its own right as an entertaining -- and visually dazzling -- popcorn thriller. That was exactly my thots on this movie as well as most sequels. Four movies of my lifetime that blew me away were Star Wars (1977), Alien (1979), Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) and Jurassic Park (1993). Their sequels - not so much. They didn't match the inventiveness and impact of the original.

However, I will say this movie is better than the other two sequels in this franchise and is structured much like the original, with a money-making venture to show even bigger and more frightening dinosaurs to the public that somehow goes awry and ppl get eaten by the escaped monsters.

This movie opens 22 years after the Jurassic Park tragedy and the island has been rebuilt with huge pens and aquariums to display the even huger dinosaurs. These are not the originals. As you recall, the dinosaur genome had to be spliced with other existing reptiles and amphibians to fill in the missing genes. Over the past two decades they have gotten this down to a marketing science to produce the larger and more vicious dinosaurs to keep the public coming back. So, instead of just a mere Tyrannosaurus Rex, they have now created ''Indominus Rex.''

Just like the original movie, there are a couple of kids in this one, nephews of Claire Dearing (Bryce Dallas Howard), the parks Operations Manager. Zach (Nick Robinson) and his younger brother Gray (Ty Simpkins) were sent by their parents to stay with their aunt and enjoy the dinosaur experience. There is a bit of infighting within the corporate world on the island between Claire, Vic Hoskins (Vincent D'Onofrio), head of security and Owen Grady (Chris Pratt), a Velociraptor expert who is training them to take commands. Owen sees them as living animals whereas everyone else sees them as a commodity or in the case of Vic a potential weapon.

Owen, Claire & Vic Trying to See Who's Alpha
Posted Image

Vic has made some progress getting the Raptors' to see him as the Alpha of their pack instead of a snack - which shows briefly as he rescues a co-worker who fell into the cage.

Vic the Alpha Velociraptor
Posted Image

Well, as mentioned earlier and in the trailers, the biggest, meanest and smartest land dinosaur manages to escape, snacking on a couple of workers in the process. Everyone is going thru their procedure to recapture this monster but one mistake after another just feeds it more.

Shooting the Big One (We're gonna need a bigger gun)
Posted Image

Of course the two nephews are out in a really neat "hamster ball" rolling with the friendly herbivorous dinos and are not aware of how dangerous it is about to get.

Kids in Hamster Ball
Posted Image

This was a fun movie to watch and for any kids who have not seen the original 22 years ago will likely be blown away by it. Just us old jaded folks who have seen it before and can't be amazed anew by the CGI special effects like we were the first time.

Click here to view the article