My Best Friend Abandoned Me, Should I Reach Out?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Maggie520, Oct 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maggie520

Maggie520 Members

I met this woman about 3 years ago at work and we hit it off instantly. Let’s call her Michelle. She was in her mid 40s, and I in my late 20's. She was married (separated for 4 years, terrible marriage, lots of codependency). I was happily in a relationship with a wonderful woman who I am still completely in love with today. Anyways, she ended up being let go from her position as my boss, it was a really hard time for her, and I stood by her encouraging her through all of it. Me and Michelle became inseparable over those months. She would always make comments about how being with another woman must be so nice. She would always tell me how beautiful I was, and how I could do better than my current partner. I just figured it was her projecting her issues with her husband onto my relationship. Her husband (extreme narcissist and very controlling) didn't know I was gay , but had accused her of messing around with me, based solely on the fact that we spent a lot of time together, and I’m assuming she brought me up a good amount of time in conversations with him. Anyways, despite all that non sense which made up a very small portion of our friendship, we were really close and she was probably the best friend I had made during my adult life. My partner proposed to me in February, and then Michelle started acting differently towards me. We would text each other constantly, call each other daily, and then it all slowed down, until it completely stopped. That was months ago, and I'm not going to lie it still hurts. I’ve never had someone so deliberately push me out of their life. I’ve never been one to chase, and at the end of the day if she thinks that ending our friendship will somehow help with her life I’m not going to push. I stopped reaching out months ago, but she did text me to tell me happy birthday last month, I replied with simple “Thank you”, and that was it. I’m not sure if I should try or if I should just let her go. Advice?

2. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

She wants you, but you've just entered a committed relationship, so she's let you go.
    Leave it alone unless you want to cheat on your partner.

1 person likes this.
  3. F6C

F6C Members

Sound words of advice OD2

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Oh sweetie, come on seriously, you just got engaged, then wonder why the other woman disappeared ?

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.