2 replies to this topic

#1 GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned

Free Psychotic Readings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted October 23 2016 - 07:10 PM

This show on Netflix is screwed up from the start.  I suggest to anyone to skip the first episode until you have seen several others first or you will have a very wrong impression of the series.  It has been a while since I've seen this kind of thought provoking and even issues-based presentation.  The production is mostly superb.

But what I'm really bringing it up for is a particular episode I saw in season 3 called "San Junipero".  It was the most amazing thing I have seen in a while.  And I saw Star Trek when it was new!  I don't want to spoil anything but at the end they play "Heaven is a Place on Earth" and the meaning is VERY profound.  The sci-fi angle is not overpowering and feels totally plausible by the end.

If you want to be spoiled, read this.  

http://www.vox.com/c...ro-recap-review

But really, you're SO much better off watching it first.  It might really move you.

• crystalcr60 and fourth wise man like this

#2 GoingHome

GoingHome

Further Within

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted November 06 2016 - 01:19 PM

It's pretty good.

Even the bad ones have a scene or two that's interesting or thought provoking.

The 1st from this current season was like that. Great premise that goes nowhere. 

#3 Wolf Angel.

Wolf Angel.

• PipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts
  • LocationWyth in the Shaw = Manchester - England

Posted November 14 2016 - 09:34 AM

Haven't got Netflix - Soubs interesting - I'll have to watch it when it comes on Sat. TV

"And in the End, the Love You Take, is Equal to the Love, You Make"

< Peace + Love . Protest + Protect . Save the Planet > 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mindfuck, Horror, Dreadful, Amazing, Romantic, Heartbreaking, At least 1 happy ending

Click to shop at Royal Queen Seeds