• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 spiritofjosh

spiritofjosh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted October 21 2016 - 05:40 PM

Hello, I've been browsing the forums but this is my first post, I hope I can get some help. Basically me and my ex broke up yesterday. Thing is we only dated for about 2 months and everything was fine until this last Weds she seemed very sensitive to everything I was saying and ended up arguing with me about something silly. Early evening it was fine, she asked what time we were leaving to go to a show I was playing (I'm in a band) and then said goodnight as normal. A couple hours later at almost midnight she texts me asking if I'm still awake then the following morning she said she had been up all night thinking about everything terrible and that she just couldn't be in a relationship with me right now.

Reason why is she dated somebody a couple years, they broke up over a year ago and the entire time we dated if exes somehow came into conversation she would tell me how he didn't care about her and that all he ever told her was she would never be anything and eventually cheated on her (technically during a two week breakup they had). But we talked today and she said she basically had been nauseous the last 3 days because she still has feelings for me but has "unfinished feelings" for her ex that she doesn't know what to do about. She broke up with me because she said as long as there's still lingering feelings in her head for someone else she won't hurt me while she's figuring that out. I did the best I could to support her and tell her that if she needs me I'll be around but that going backwards to someone who hurt her isn't a wise choice, whether I was in the picture or not. I told her what a best friend would tell her and that I support any decision that will make her happy. She even said everyone she knows told her not to go back to him and her best friend said not to hurt me for him.

Now she is a Cancer and textbook one at that. I'm a Pisces and textbook one as well and according to what I read we are a very compatible match and it showed very clearly when we first met. We formed an instant attraction and fell for each other very quickly, hardly fought, were very comfortable and would talk every single day including this past Weds night how we have plans for the future together and that she can't see it being with anybody else at this point. Literally one day she throws this ex stuff at me and I have no idea what's going on in her head. I've talked to her previous times if she's sure he isn't something she would go back to and she would say she would never be with him again but she did grow up a lot with him so he is also like a lost best friend. I had asked because I've read Cancer's hold onto the past a lot. I posted here because of how comparable us, her and a lot of situations go by what I've read in Astrology.

One thing I noticed was this Weds into Thursday when she finalized us breaking up, the Moon was passing through her sign and I've read that her being a Cancer this puts her in a very hypersensitive mood and overly emotional. Can this coincidentally be why she is having thoughts of the past? I did all I could to let her know I'm here, not angry and still supportive of her because I do want her back I'm just thinking she'll probably end up going back to him. But a lot of what hurts me with that is knowing she'll end up hurt again when I had nothing but good intentions with her and to move forward. She even said today she wishes she could forget everything and be happy because I was fantastic to her.

I greatly appreciate anybody reading this and offering advise. I tend to ramble with too many details so I apologize. I'm hoping some people have had experience with Cancer's in this situation because I believe I had lost the most significant relationship I've had in my life and I'm 30 (I dated mostly Aquarius's, a Libra and a Gemini).

#2 newbie-one

newbie-one

one with the newbiverse

• PipPipPip
  • 8,117 posts

Posted October 21 2016 - 05:46 PM

tl;dr

#3 spiritofjosh

spiritofjosh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted October 21 2016 - 05:56 PM

I don't blame you, honestly.

#4 r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned

Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

• PipPipPip
  • 11,722 posts

Posted October 21 2016 - 05:57 PM

Hold on, let me see if I can request tomorrow off of work so I can read all of that. 

• Piaf and newbie-one like this

lebowski.jpg
Glauben diejenigen, die nach der Wahrheit suchen. Zweifle an denen, die ihn finden.

#5 OldDude2

OldDude2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 776 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted October 21 2016 - 06:03 PM

She's too much work, find one less damaged.
If you're in a band that should be easy.

Number 1 rule in dating, never look back, once they're gone, forget em.

Edited by OldDude2, October 21 2016 - 06:05 PM.

Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.

#6 newbie-one

newbie-one

one with the newbiverse

• PipPipPip
  • 8,117 posts

Posted October 21 2016 - 06:42 PM

I don't know about the astrology aspect of it, but I would say just give her some space.

If she goes back to her ex, probably best to move on.  If she just needs some time alone, just give her that, and maybe things will work out later.

• Lady L likes this

#7 spiritofjosh

spiritofjosh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted October 21 2016 - 07:53 PM

I know i know, its long. i got a little carried away. normally i would of just moved on but i went through the same thing around her age. I dated someone for 5 years and 2+ years after i still thought "what if" if things worked out better bc i didnt really get closure. i told my now ex the same story and let her be.

#8 fourth wise man

fourth wise man

•  Supporters
  • PipPip
  • 647 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted October 30 2016 - 12:50 PM

Maybe.

I broke up with one half my life ago. A weird relationship, but she was a weird gal. I'm supposed to be a good match with cancer...Anyway, you wouldn't believe how many times, in the last 27 years that I have "felt like I was being watched", and look up at the top of the shopping rack I am in front of, only to see her there. I never catch her looking at me, and we have never spoke. I don't think after all this time that she is quite over me. Weirds me out, yet seems somehow charming.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrology, pisces, cancer, zodiac