Why Are People Happy With Crap Now?

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Dude111, Oct 14, 2016.

1. I'm complaining about his complaint, so obviously I don't think we should never complain about anything, and my opinion was also just a rant. I have never been accustomed to the finer things in life and I don't expect much from anyone as far as pampering me goes. I think a person just has to come to accept that it's a shitty world, and to familiarize themselves with shit rather than demand the world be perfect in whatever small way they can. I think that's the true meaning of love.

2. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Boy this thread really blew up!!

Ah man..

3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rTzJIxBHKc

4. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

Whoa dude,
    You need to set your sights lower. For me the finer things in life are a mixed fruit smoothie, a naked woman half my age, a bicycle ride in the jungle (in no particular order). And I enjoy those things almost every day if my life.

The world is great!

scratcho likes this.
  5. Candy makes me pretty happy, and it's Halloween.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I usually have the same thought when this remark comes along again :) I mean it is not like every adult living with his parents does so on the same stereotypical merits.

But if we take in account thedudes threads and posts it seems not that obligatory/lame advice. His almost irrational love for win98, VCR, chocolate milk and like his declarations that he prefers to live on 1980's mac and cheese instead of anything that's in store today, it just gets a particular connotation when taken in account he has never left his parents house.

7. Luna Lovesong

Luna Lovesong Members

i think that if someone posts up in "the whiners" we don't get to chastise them for whining. That's THE purpose of this forum.

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't think anybody really posts in the whiners. pretty sure most threads in this forum were posted elsewhere and moved here by mods who didn't like the threads.

1 person likes this.
  9. Luna Lovesong

Luna Lovesong Members

huh... well new girl learned something

1 person likes this.
  10. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

My tub need refinishing, but it's over a 100 years old. I still live in my parents house.

11. Luna Lovesong

Luna Lovesong Members

i was never judging. i once had a shit tub and it ruined baths so much i no longer take them but i did learn something

12. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

I don't even have a tub, showers only here ....... no plugs for the sink either.
    Muslim/Buddhist country, they have something against washing in stagnant water, or as a chap put it "wallowing in your own filth".

13. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Forget Refinishing The Tub And Get On With Refinishing That Beautiful Old Coupe......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

14. Luna Lovesong

Luna Lovesong Members

i didn't want to turn into the person who doesn't know how good they have it
    i am well aware of how good i have it
    i still relate to first world problems
    i acknowledge they are dumb, but i don't invalidate feelings either.

15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

'Why are people happy with crap now?' asks the guy who would trade in everything for 80's m&m's and mac & cheese :cheers2:

16. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

M&Ms are different now than 30 years ago?

17. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

30 years ago they probably had real chocolate in them.
    Now it's likely only chocolate flavouring.

18. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Yup it sure is...... Ya cant talk to anyone about anything....People are so mean and cruel........

I HATE THIS FUCKED UP WORLD!!!

19. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

People stop complaining about shitty jobs being done is because they don't want to pay someone else to fix another person's half assed job. Or they act like you're crazy for expecting it to be done well. Repair people these days overcharge and underwork. We had a plumber come like four times for our leaky toilet and he knew it was going to keep leaking and kept giving us temporary fixes so that he could come back and charge us again to fix it. Finally we told him to fuck off and got my girlfriend's uncle to fix it, and he's a carpenter, NOT a plumber, and he did a better job for free.

20. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

These types of threads are pretty entertaining.