Are We The Product Of Genocide?

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by Jimbee68, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

I don't have the precise timeline, actually I think neither do scientists. But analyzing fossils and whatnot, lead scientists to the following conclusions:

Thousands of years ago, there were modern humans. And there were Neanderthals. Then at one point, the humans and the Neanderthals meet. Then all of a sudden, there are no more Neanderthals.

Did our ancient ancestors kill off all the Neanderthals?

Of course, genocide is a horrible thing, and rightfully banned now, to be sure. But thousands of years ago, if not for it, life as we know it may not be.

I hope I am wrong. What do the rest of you think?

:guitarist: [​IMG]

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It could just as likely be an evolutionary thing (well technically being wiped out by another species can be seen as an evolutionary process as well). I mean in those day and age the homo sapiens probably didn't have the means and organisation to conduct a complete genocide on all neanderthalers (unless they would all have been in one area :p). Neither is it likely it was one of their highest priorities. So it either happend by accident or other circumstances helped a lot to seal the neanderthal fate as a whole.

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Depending on how one wants to define the term "Genocide" I suppose a case could be made that We are the Product of Genocide, if in fact humans and neanderthals largely occupied the same areas and fought for resources. Which from my understanding, fairly recent evidence has shown there was perhaps some interbreeding, so presuming that is accurate, it follows that they did in fact come into contact with each other.

However, some of the other speculation I've heard about why they were not evolutionarily successful didn't have so much to do with interactions with humans but more to do with some of their own supposed biological shortcomings.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Wait a minute. Humans and neanderthals existing in the same presence of time?? Aren't the neanderthals what humans evolved from?

5. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Maybe they mixed in breeding....

6. Asmodean

Nope. One thing is certain: they lived roughly in the same time period. Neanderthals perished, humans not. Why exactly is not certain. It is also more than likely that they had contact with eachother (which is almost inevitable when they both lived in some of the same areas)

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

So what did the neanderthals evolve from?
    All sounds like hokus pokus to me. Sort sort of ape creature that doesn't exist any longer? Lol. Do neanderthals have their own missing links? :D

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Now it was said in ancient Sumerian scripts that the gods crafted primitive ape like people to do their hard manual labor and excavate mines found in Africa dating 100,000 years ago and more.

Then, the gods decided to perfect it, resembling themselves, with sexuality and attraction. The gods couldn't keep their hands off mortal humans. ;)

9. NoHobo

NoHobo Members

Most humans living outside of Africa has been scientifically proven to have some Neanderthal in their DNA. As a result, your hypothesis is invalid.

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

No, I already asked if we evolved from neanderthals and was told no. I'm not the one who stated that. If we have Neanderthal DNA then I'm not the one who's wrong. :)

If evolution is correct then I wouldn't believe that we have no Neanderthal DNA is our genes because that wouldn't make sense. If we didn't have that DNA, then the only logical explanation to me would be we were solely created because you can't just have one group of ancestors evolving from the apes but not another. I can't see how that works at all and if it does work then where are they all?

Like I said in another thread. We've got millions of apes and monkeys and billions of humans but relatively nothing in between them.

Unless there was a World War B.C.E and all the in between were hunted down to extinction and I dunno what happened to their remains or anything. But I think that's highly unlikely.

11. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The few neanderthals that did not mix in breeding with humans.....are still around...albeit..only a handful of them.....but they evolved into bigfoot....:D

12. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

There may be some further developed trees but here is kind of the general hominid timeline links.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Gorillas and orangutans did not go extinct. Some in between them and us did.

14. Asmodean

It is likely neanderthals and homo sapiens evolved from the same predecessor. Maybe it is not 100% certain but likely enough to go with it for the time being.

15. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

It's possible that modern humans simply out-competed the Neanderthals for common resources. As time progressed there would have been fewer and fewer Neanderthals. I don't know of any evidence for widespread violent conflict between the two species. (Some anthropologists actually consider the Neanderthals to be a sub-species of Homo Sapiens, not a distinct species).

If, as it currently seems, modern humans and Neanderthals did interbreed then in a sense they didn't go extinct, they left descendants: us.

16. Asmodean

Seems most likely to me. Besides, it is not like it was likely there was a strict homo sapiens vs. neanderthal perception. They might have clashed with each other at times but also amongst themselves of course. If another tribe tries to take advantage of some other, they likely didnt care if the other were neanderthal or homo sapiens: just a rivaling tribe.

I would say you are the evidence ;)

17. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The general consensus is that our earliest ancestors evolved in Africa. Gradually they migrated to other parts of the world. Then the ice age struck and the humans living in Europe had to evolve to live in a cold climate, thus becoming Neanderthals. Africa however stayed warm and dry and the humans there evolved into Cro--Magnons, our early direct ancestors.

Later as the ice age started coming to an end and the glaciers retreated, Europe became accessible again and Cro-Magnons started migrating there, coming into contact with the Neanderthals. In some cases they lived side by side peacefully but in other cases Neanderthals were killed off or driven from the lands they had occupied for thousands of years. For the most part they were out-competed by the Cro-Magnons. After about 10,000 years of this the Neanderthals went extinct.

So no, Neanderthals weren't our ancestors, they were actually a different species of humans.

18. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Neanderthals !

Thought was another thread ablunt the Trump voter

19. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

We are here

Not by the virtue of our Ancestors

But due to their superior Auto immune systems.

20. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Except for the fact that as someone mentioned above, there are humans who have neanderthal DNA so some mixed breeding did occur