It's Emma Stone for me.

Can't stand her :-/

#152 Ajay0

Ajay0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted December 21 2016 - 04:35 AM

LOLz, as a teenage boy in high school you had a crush on a female teacher and it was about her "positivity, character and perpetual cheerfulness"

Uhhh huh, mmmmm hmmm, yep okey dokey ;)

Do you find it hard to believe !!

When the robot mind is mastered, undisciplined thinking ceases and is replaced by awareness. Awareness can know love. You can only experience the new when you are aware, when you are without thought. -- Barry Long

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. -- Eckhart Tolle

#153 Ajay0

Ajay0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted December 21 2016 - 04:47 AM

But, you can't be judgemental. You don't have the responsibility to judge someone's value, worth, integrity, everything that make someone a human being. Therefore, going back to that example... you don't want to be with said person because they talk to loud (judging) due to the belief that someone that talks too loud is an attention whore (judgmental).

It's a thin line to cross. It hard to notice when you cross it, and be able to not cross it again.

I had this issue myself of being judgemental , judging people based on their external or internal beauty and I was not quite happy or content with this trait.

It was the eastern philosophy of Advaita Vedanta which cured me of this nonsense, and helped me to understand that divinity exists in everything at its essence or core and in everyone as well. After that I became more forgiving , patient and understanding knowing that a god or goddess exists in everyone without an exception.

When the robot mind is mastered, undisciplined thinking ceases and is replaced by awareness. Awareness can know love. You can only experience the new when you are aware, when you are without thought. -- Barry Long

#154 Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla

Go Ape

• PipPipPip
  • 12,305 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted December 22 2016 - 02:53 AM

Do you find it hard to believe !!

Errrr Yes

I had this issue myself of being judgemental , judging people based on their external or internal beauty and I was not quite happy or content with this trait.

It was the eastern philosophy of Advaita Vedanta which cured me of this nonsense, and helped me to understand that divinity exists in everything at its essence or core and in everyone as well. After that I became more forgiving , patient and understanding knowing that a god or goddess exists in everyone without an exception.

Did it actually take Hinduism?

or.......did you just grow up at the same time, get older, libido drop from when you were a horny teen too focused on "external" beauty and only giving a shit about yourself

Hinduism or not, most people kind of get there man anyway, cos being too shallow always comes back to bite you in the arse

Well, that and most people get uglier, more out of shape as they get older, so "inner" beauty becomes a thing ;)

#155 OldDude2

OldDude2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 776 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted December 22 2016 - 06:16 AM

Well, that and most people get uglier, more out of shape as they get older, so "inner" beauty becomes a thing ;)

I've never been a big fan of 'inner beauty', I'd rather be shallow and just pay cash for the 'outer beauty'.

Edited by OldDude2, December 22 2016 - 06:18 AM.

Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.

#156 Meliai

Meliai

• PipPipPip
  • 11,502 posts

Posted December 22 2016 - 06:49 AM

When people say things like "You cant love other people until you love yourself"  What the hell does that even mean? To love yourself. Who doesnt have that voice inside your head bickering away, questioning everything you do. I get up in the morning, have a cup of coffee, feel a whole lot better, love myself more.

Someone with low self esteem supposedly loves themselves less than some twit or bimbo thats fake happy all the time, you know the type, the ones that tell everybody they are so full of life. I just buy a cup of coffee

People act like there is something wrongly with you if you dont like everyone or they dont like you - most people are fucked, why would you want that? And its usually always just about what they can get from you or what you can do for them

45, I was super hot, especially when younger, did all the giving a shit about a career thing,,,,,,,still nowadays, a cup of coffee, a little bit more excited than I should be for the next star wars movie which isnt even really a star wars movie, a subplot prequel thingy, 11 more sleeps...and apart from that my favourite thing is getting to have a really good nap now and then - which usually involves not having anyone around you to bug you

None of it means anything

"I have measured my life out with coffee spoons"

Very poetic, VG

Now, to settle the Steve Carrell debate once and for all. He's pretty funny and seems like a decent dude, but also he is really weird looking.

Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens ~Tolkien

#157 Asmo

Asmo

Slo motion rider

• PipPipPip
  • 33,625 posts
  • LocationThe pulsing cavern

Posted December 22 2016 - 09:16 AM

e1bb11e5d2d19805e13b12aad3277314cc152e86

Posted Image

#158 Ajay0

Ajay0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted December 27 2016 - 01:51 AM

Errrr Yes

I don't blame you. If you look at all the TV advertisements, beautiful people (models) are seen as cool, while the others are not.

The marbloro man smoking cigarettes was seen as cool, even though the model himself died of lung cancer in the end.

Western society puts a lot of importance in external beauty, which is a shame, as you can ironically find now ageing actresses like Nicole Kidman being unemployed and searching for work inspite of her talent and experience.

Did it actually take Hinduism?

or.......did you just grow up at the same time, get older, libido drop from when you were a horny teen too focused on "external" beauty and only giving a shit about yourself

Hinduism or not, most people kind of get there man anyway, cos being too shallow always comes back to bite you in the arse

This is insightful.

But the point is that if you had this wisdom at a younger age, you could avoid a lot of unnecessary suffering and issues which can take a toll later on.

#159 OldDude2

OldDude2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 776 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted December 27 2016 - 04:09 AM

Is this thread still going?

Edited by OldDude2, December 27 2016 - 04:10 AM.

Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.

Click to shop at Weed Seed Shop