Online Dating Under 25

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Hedgeclipper, Oct 9, 2016.

1. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

This is only true if your friends are assholes

2. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

3. Hedgeclipper

Hedgeclipper Qiluprneeels Nixw

The shame is too harsh man. The shame is too harsh.
    I spoke plenty of French when I was in France and everyone thought I was just an American who was cool enough to speak semi-comprehensible French.
    Over here though I have to make up backstories about coming from the prairies to have it be acceptable.

4. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Your friends presumably already know you are single. You don't have to ask them outright to set you up. Maybe just ask their advice on meeting someone?

If you work on your French, it will get better. It is an obstacle that can be overcome. Use some language tapes, take a language class, or just try striking up some conversations. If you tell people that you want to talk in French so that you can improve your language skills, it will probably be well received.

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Every french speaking person will like you more just for attempting to speak proper french. Unless of course it would turn out to be a real time waster because your french is too bad :p

I admit it seemed kinda lame for a long time to me too. Until I just realized by the people aorund me that I was the one with the lame (and kind of outdated) perception. The majority of both males and females around our age do not find it lame at all but are using it to their advantage. Now if a lot of girls would still find it lame I might not have changed my opinion, but what is lame about it when a lot of them (and I really am talking about normal ladies too! :p ;)) are on there. Wouldn't we be lame for denying ourselves the opportunity of a nice date and maybe even more just because online dating seems lame...? :p (I still haven't used a dating site myself btw :D)

I am just as good as flirting offline as online, but generally that's where it stops. I'm better at getting my proverbial foot in the door and stagnate in succes after that :p 'In real life' everything is better lighthearted so flirting often goes ok. It's the phase after that where I'm not really as good at, so in the end I might be just as well off on an online datingsite too. I recall pulling it off keeping girls interested via msn as well but honestly thought at the time how the hell does this happen. Turns out I was just rambling like my good old self on there and some women liked that :p

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

LOLzzzzzzz, its like you are all blind

Frigid with you, but she's all over the crusty old guy doing what she always wanted her daddy to do to her

Its a little more than weird, ;)

You'll figure it out eventually, maybe, probably not

7. Hedgeclipper

what's there to figure out?
    She likes older dudes?

8. Michael Phelps

Michael Phelps Am I being detained?

Definitely do online dating. There are women clicking on those sites to find men.
    When you are walking around it's nice and fun to talk to and hit on women but it can be unwelcome if not expected.
    Hook it Dog. You are young and able. Use these technological advances. When I was 25 personal ads were around but not the norm like today.

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

LOLz

Its the why you have to figure out, why does she like older dudes? ;)

Hint: Its icky

10. Hedgeclipper

yeah, I think you're right. I often don't understand why I'm unsuccessful. I'm a little bit brash, but I'm socially competent and fit. I'm starting to think I'm just being fucked over by school. Every time I meet someone, I have to forget about them and work for two weeks until I make a day of free time, then by the time I contact them again it feels awk.