Barefoot Woodland Walk

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by RT19, Oct 7, 2016.

1. RT19

RT19 Members

I went for a barefoot woodland walk the other day and it was absolutely fantastic. I'll be doing it more often.

I just loved the mud ouzing between my toes in the muddy patches, the feel of the wet autumn leaves that were sticking to my soles, the crunching noise the twigs made as I stepped on them.

It was a great experience.

bfe2012, unshodone and nuspieds like this.
  2. Barefoot in the woods is really sensual and downright dirty fun! Do it!

1 person likes this.
  3. RT19

RT19 Members

Yes it was an amazing sensual walk. There were lots of leaves and twigs on the ground that felt great! Even the walk back down the gravel path was wonderful.

1 person likes this.
  4. Just like me, you probably had mud on your soles, protecting u from the "sticky bits"! Barefooting is SO much fun!

5. RT19

RT19 Members

Yes I still had mud on my soles and dried mud up to my ankles. As you say barefooting is too much fun.

1 person likes this.
  6. psychologykate

psychologykate Members

I'd agree with this. I've done it occasionally and it's one of the most intense yet calming experiences.

7. goodearth

goodearth Member

Bare feet get muddy, but don't get bogged up like boots do.

8. bunnygirl

bunnygirl available in taiwan

you just need watch for foreign objects like glass in places like the woods. i love the feeling of mud between my toes. i go everywhere barefoot so am always mindful of things that can cut me.

9. bfe2012

bfe2012 Barefooter

Im always trying to go on my barefoot hikes every other day. Who needs hiking shoes?

10. barefootconservative

barefootconservative Barefoot for God

Not me.

11. barefootben85

barefootben85 Members

Now is a great time of year with the autumn leaves, soft mud and cool surfaces.

1 person likes this.
  12. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Not to mention when you come across the glowing embers of a bonfire and you just tread them out with your tough soles.

13. barefootben85

barefootben85 Members

Never come across glowing embers, but have walked through the remains of a bonfire once cold. Awesome experience, love getting my soles black and rubbing my feet over each other to get the tops black too.

Mind you I have been to a bonfire barefoot, its great as its dark, cold and muddy - but them toasty when stood near the bonfire. My friends think I am mad, but I don't care. I dont seem to feel the cold, to be honest I don't wrap up that warm either when I go to a bonfire, only wear jeans with no boxers, a thick jumper and a thick coat. Nothing else.

bfe2012 and wilsjane like this.
  14. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I wore leather jeans at bonfires a few times. letting the embers just burn out when they land on them without having to worry about them catching alight feels awesome. I have also had a few scorches on my Levi's doing the same, but again no worries about them burning through.

15. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

bonfire remains are one thing i pretty much refuse to walk through barefoot, and i'm iffy about it with shoes. too many pallets or furniture items get burned, and you end up with nails and wood staples hiding in the ashes.

16. bfe2012

bfe2012 Barefooter

Same. I walked on cold remains. Making my soles and feet jet black.