Why Are Drugs Still Illegal?

Discussion in 'Busted!' started by The Walking Dickhead, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Well when too much people are actively destroying themselves with hard drugs it does become a serious burden for the environment/rest of society. There are examples of this. When it is fucking up a whole neighbourhood it becomes understandable the other folks come into action against that.

2. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

And why are people actively destroying themselves with hard drugs?

Because all the good ones are fucking banned.

3. Asmodean

In most areas where its a real issue it seems more to do with a lack of chances/opportunities, like a normal income.

4. The Walking Dickhead

Along with prohibition comes prohibition prices.

5. Asmodean

I don't think there would be less drug users with a destructive addiction in an area without jobs if the good stuff would be affordable

6. The Walking Dickhead

7. Asmodean

It would be nice if you were right.

8. The Walking Dickhead

Look at how krokodil is destroying communities in Russia. This is because heroin addicts there can't afford heroin.

I could also cite my own life battle with alcoholism, and addiction to tobacco. That happened because my drug of choice, cannabis is banned in the country where I live.

Evidence is all there, everywhere. See it, don't see it. Makes no difference to the facts.

9. Asmodean

Uhm i don't think your experiences and the example of krokodil in russia made what i said incorrect :p

10. The Walking Dickhead

Of course they do. It's called evidence. Plenty more where that came from too.

Oh, how about the deaths and casualties in the UK right now from legal highs, synthetic cannabis substitutes that are now turning up in real weed and causing hospitalisations.

You think folk would be smoking that shit if weed was legal, regulated and priced reasonably?

Of course they bloody wouldn't.

11. Asmodean

Well i wasn't talking about synthetic weed in my example. And there's plenty of evidence for it as well :p
    Frankly im not sure why you're putting it as if what i said cancels out what you're saying....

12. The Walking Dickhead

You didn't cite any specific example. We're all talking in general terms here

13. Asmodean

So the incorrect part is just that its a general example, not a specific one? :p

14. The Walking Dickhead

15. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

People have the right to harm themselves, there's too many people anyway, let those who want opt out.

16. Asmodean

I agree they have to a certain extent. I am just giving the reason why, if too many people do it, the rest makes a problem of it.

I disagree with the latter sentiment, it is completely bogus. If every addict would think that way... ok. But when you would ask them you would see that most are not eager to die or self destruct themselves like that. It is a consequence of their addiction.

17. The Walking Dickhead

There was a study done a few years ago, can't remember it was done on rats or something. I don't agree with vivisection, however they concluded that addiction is more a symptom of poverty and despair than a genetic disposition. The addiction is for the greater part fueled by the addict's life circumstances, more than a physical dependance.

Taking that into account, and considering that options on how and where to get out of your head if you feel compelled are severly restricted by the law, it seems reasonable to conclude further that drug addiction is a problem created almost entirely from the misguided policies of fascist, nanny state governments.

I agree with old dude there, if I want to stab myself in the eye with a fork then it's my right. It's also the right and obligation of my friends and acquaintances to stop me from doing that, because it probably means I am mentally ill if I want to do that.

Taking various drugs for recreation can by a symptom of mental illness, however the majority of people who take drugs recreationally don't get fucked up by them, take overdoses, get addicted or screw their entire lives up. You don't hear about the 90+% of people who can handle their drugs though.

And of course, as I have already pointed out but asmo can't seem to see the logic in, if those of us who are going through some shit in life, maybe looking for something to get out of their head with because they suffer from ptsd or something else would likely not end up in a junkie's paradise endlessly sticking needles in their arms until their heart stops beating IF THE DRUGS MARKET WAS LEGALLY REGULATED and free from the harms that prohibition ultimately brings.

18. Asmodean

Good post, until the last part. It seems you misinterpreted me completely. I see the logic in it just fine. I was not saying you were completely wrong earlier :p You made it sound like what I was saying clashed with what you were saying, but it didn't at all.