Chelsea Clinton Implies Marijuana Can Kill You

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Aerianne, Sep 29, 2016.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

The Clinton's are owned by the pharmaceutical companies. They know it's too late to stop weed legalization. People just don't believe all the old propaganda about pot. All they have left is to sell the idea that the drug is not safe. Plant that little seed of doubt into the mind of a person who might use it. Prescription pills kill thousands but that's accepted. The death of one is a tragedy the death of a million is a statistic.

I am sure that study with the two deaths will be cited for years to come despite all the evidence of weed's safety. We had one guy here in Colorado who died after eating an edible because he feel off a balcony. The anti-weed people still will not let it go even though in my opinion the whole thing was very shady and I think it was a murder cover up. Yeah someone could get too high and fall but drunks do that all the time. It's called personal responsibility. That burden is on you not the drug you took.

1 person likes this.
  2. storch

storch banned

From the link provided in this thread:

Researchers said, however, that the drug was to blame in two isolated cases of two seemingly health people, one 23 years old and another 28. Autopsies found that younger had a serious undetected heart problem, suggesting that people with cardiological issues should be aware of marijuana risks, and the older had a history of alcohol and drug use.

How can a healthy person also have a serious heart problem?

“After exclusion of other causes of death we assume that the young men experienced fatal cardiovascular complications evoked by smoking cannabis.”

Okay, so I assume that they didn't die from smoking cannabis. So I guess we flip a coin . . .

From the abstract:

The acute toxicity of cannabinoids is said to be low and there is little public awareness of the potentially hazardous cardiovascular effects of cannabis, e.g. marked increase in heart rate or supine blood pressure. We describe the cases of two young, putative healthy men who died unexpectedly under the acute influence of cannabinoids. To our knowledge, these are the first cases of suspected fatal cannabis intoxications where full postmortem investigations, including autopsy, toxicological, histological, immunohistochemical and genetical examinations, were carried out. The results of these examinations are presented. After exclusion of other causes of death we assume that the young men experienced fatal cardiovascular complications evoked by smoking cannabis.

Putative healthy men?? Did these researchers not know of the man's serious heart problem? WTF!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

This all reminds me of a television ad put out years ago. The narrator tells us about a car accident in which several teenagers were killed. And at the end of the commercial, the narrator says something like, "Johnny was the driver of the car that night. And it was found that Johnny tested positive for marijuana." I noted that he didn't say that marijuana was found in Johnny's car. And you know he would have if it were true. Saying that he tested positive for marijuana proved only that he had smoked some in the past three months.

Someone should have put an ad on television about someone who did a remarkable act of charity or something like that, and then have the narrator say, "Tim was the one who selflessly gave of himself. And it was found that Tim had tested positive for marijuana."

2 people like this.
  3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

So I didn't need the oxygen?

4. soulcompromise

CDC Issues New Warning About Edible Marijuana: What You Should Know - See more at: http://www.techtimes.com/articles/71890/20150725/cdc-issues-new-warning-about-edible-marijuana-what-you-should-know.htm#sthash.gWDnSEW8.dpuf

"Because edible marijuana is readily available in Colorado, authorities have been monitoring its effects through hospitalization data, visits to the emergency departments and poison center calls. Dr. Scott Bentz in Denver, for example, said patients who overdose on edible marijuana come in every week, showing symptoms like shortness of breath and paranoia.
    - See more at: http://www.techtimes.com/articles/71890/20150725/cdc-issues-new-warning-about-edible-marijuana-what-you-should-know.htm#sthash.gWDnSEW8.dpuf"

https://www.reddit.com/r/trees/comments/2y716i/trouble_breathing_after_eating_edibles_10mg/ - "Basically, when I have 10-15mg or more I end up with a feeling that I can only describe as "having to think about breathing". I've also woken up out of a sleep gasping for air (once...more like 30mg on that one). Basically I'm wondering if others experience this, if anyone knows whether I am stuck with this or it'll get better the more I use, or maybe I need to try a different strain...basically any info would be awesome." - some person on reddit

http://www.denverpost.com/2014/04/03/marijuana-edibles-in-spotlight-in-colorado-after-students-death/ - Marijuana edibles in spotlight in Colorado after student’s death

https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=179648 -"shortness of breath, feeling as if SWIM needs to constantly take a deep breath"

http://www.theolympian.com/living/health-fitness/article26108335.html - "Accidental overuse of marijuana is on the rise in the state, leading to an increase in emergency room visits from people experiencing unpleasant effects, according to the Washington Poison Center. These symptoms can include:
    Read more here: http://www.theolympian.com/living/health-fitness/article26108335.html#storylink=cpy"

http://knkx.org/post/study-suggests-link-between-edible-pot-and-overdose-among-kids Study suggests link between edible pot and overdose among kids.

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The fact that weed can cause panic and panic can cause shortness of breath isnt anything new. It doesnt mean there is any real physical danger.

1 person likes this.
  6. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

those all sound more like panic/anxiety attacks then any real threat.
    the death I attribute to stupidity much more so than to the THC. I routinely munch edibles with 40mgs being my starting point, but I usually go for ~100+ for a decent experience.
    Never had a problem, BUT after long breaks and then smoking something potent I exhibit all the symptoms mentioned by you and in the articles linked, it's called "getting too high" and goes away in a few hours. ;)

1 person likes this.
  7. deleted

deleted Visitor

you would have a better chance of a coconut falling on your head in central park..

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Booo. I hate these weedophobes.

Everything we put into our bodies in this day and age is meant to kill you. There's nothing left for us to consume that won't kill us is what we are led to believe. So imma keep smoking the green keep drinking that booze. :) if it's gonna kill me anyway then imma go it on a high. Or drunk. ;)

2 people like this.
  9. storch

storch banned

But orison . . . there are no palm trees in Centr--OHHHHH, I see what you're saying. Okay, yeah, gotcha.

1 person likes this.
  10. soulcompromise

Ok, but I think she's referring to the respiratory suppressant effect. What if you mixed a high dose of an edible with another respiratory suppressant? Still just anxiety?

11. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Considering the staggering number of kids who die each year from alcohol poisoning and the increase in prescription drug addictions, It seems Chelsea's efforts could be put to better use focusing on "legal" drugs.
    To try and make an issue over two suspected deaths that are maybe, sorta, kinda related to cannabis if you also meet certain other specific health criteria is overly alarmist and weak.

seriously...............
    give me a fucking break

I wonder how many people have died because of alcohol poisoning since this thread was started.

1 person likes this.
  12. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I don't mind that view, however I often notice that when there are studies mentioning negative effects of pot, a fair amount of pot heads act like it's dialogue from Reefer Madness, but when there are positive studies many potheads will be quick to champion the science. The article in the op is from marijuana.com for fucks sake, surely an unbiased source with no spin right?

13. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Yes, but the articles themselves point out the extremely rare set of circumstances that they believe played a part in the deaths.
    I have heard of a condition from excessive smoking/use that results in chronic stomach pains, but in the 14-15 years since it was first diagnosed there have only been 4 cases documented world wide.
    So like anything, there will be individuals who for whatever reason have some form of sensitivity that results in harm.

It has been confirmed rather well that use in early adolescence can effect endocrine development and therefore any use should be minimal until a person is ~20-25, so it isn't completely without harm for everyone.
    Some folks have mega panic attacks when the smoke weed, so it obviously isn't for them. So it's not all "rose colored glasses",
    But I would much, much rather one of my kids end up in the ER because they got too high from weed brownies rather than being in ER because they drank too much alcohol.
    With one the risk of death is pretty much non-existent, the other death is a very, very real possibility.

2 people like this.
  14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I know there are nervative side effects to weed especially with some people just like any substance I guess, but when I really only see the positive effects on me personally, then I have to dismiss the negative studies because it's like a school bully putting me down over something I enjoy. And we all know what to do with a bully, you ignore that loser and their loser remarks, or, you give as good as you receive, in which case, I will laugh and LOL and ROFLLMAOLOL at their stupid, spineless attempts to belittle me for smoking a plant.

:)

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Nervative.. :D that's a word now okay and I trademark it. It's abbreviation for the "nerve of someone to be so negative".

"I can't believe he was nervative."

Nerr-vah-tiv

1 person likes this.
  16. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Unless you're unreasonably self absorbed, I think considering all studies should be considered, the ones that help cancer patients and the ones that provide insight to people that have experiences like soulcompromise.

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm sure it's just political mumbo jumbo, kinda like how people are given money to endorse a product, certain agendas are paid to put down the drugs. It is in the best interest for those in higher power to keep us sick and spending money, god forbid we self medicate on a plant!

1 person likes this.
  18. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I wonder what Chelsea Clinton is doing giving a speech at Youngstown University in the first place. She received a doctorate degree in international relations not long ago, other than that her only claim to fame is being the first daughter. At age 36 I doubt she has much wisdom or worldly knowledge to share. I suspect it's just another way of keeping the spotlight on the Clinton family while her mother is running for president.

19. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbjHOBJzhb0

1 person likes this.
  20. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Realistically, nobody really knows who Chelsea's real father is.