Resentful Thay Gf Got Around Before Me

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by Table_mesh, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Table_mesh

Table_mesh Members

So my girlfriend is awesome. But I have learned (from her) thay right before we started dating she was being a bit of a slut in our town. Even had a threesome at one point and ate out her best friend. It makes me very angry when I think about any of this. Am I an asshole? What should i do?

2. John1234567

John1234567 Members

You rather her look for side action while she is with you or learn from stuff before you and get it out of her system. She choose you to be with and all her experiences before that makes her who she is.

1 person likes this.
  3. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Her sex life before you were going out really isn't any of your business, other than the possibility of contracting an STD. Having a threesome doesn't make one a slut either, btw.

3 people like this.
  4. F6C

F6C Members

All this happened before she went with you and she's been honest enough to tell you so that would appear to be a good start to your relationship which, if it's going to go anywhere, will be based on truth and honesty

4 people like this.
  5. His Eden

His Eden Queen of Mean

Do you feel like an asshole for feeling the way you do? Calling her a slut for having a past sexually is a bit judgemental and petty. The resentment you feel, and your degradation of your girlfriend's character, is a pretty potent recipe for disaster in your relationship. If being with someone with more past experience than you find "acceptable" is a problem you should let her know, soon. It will save both of you the time and trouble of building a relationship that is very likely to end badly. If she is "awesome" and you want a relationship with her, stop thinking about her past, and focus on the future. JMHO

3 people like this.
  6. Lady L

Lady L Banned

Can I just ask if you have a sexual past? The days of women being regarded as "sluts" for having previous lovers are long gone, thankfully!

Embrace her "awesomeness", you never know, it just might enhance your sex life.

5 people like this.
  7. F6C

F6C Members

1 person likes this.
  8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

If you can't deal with it you better look further. Otherwise you might be an asshole indeed.

I acknowledge your point but I feel like nuancing that statement that those days are long gone. They're not really.

9. Lady L

Lady L Banned

Well, they should be. Maybe not everyone thinks so, but gone are the days when unmarried mothers and pregnant single girls are vilified for having sex before being wed.

1 person likes this.
  10. Lady L

Lady L Banned

Ooh good spot F6C!

2 people like this.
  11. F6C

F6C Members

Agreed. If they are vilified by some quarters then they certainly shouldn't be and those quarters ought to look at themselves before throwing stones......

12. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Are you an asshole for being angry? No.

What you do about that anger might make you an asshole, but feeling the anger doesn't make you one.

Being judgmental about peoples actions is tough enough without having to also judge people because of their thoughts.

Stop judging yourself (or others) on what they feel and look at what they really do.

2 people like this.
  13. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Yes, you are an asshole.

1 person likes this.
  14. undefeated

undefeated Member

well you have a right to judge A GIRL based on her past- because they don't change- im also saying as a positive long as she has been faithful to her ex boyfriends in the past she will be faithful to you and you should look past her ...uh past. but if shes a cheat also i say move on

15. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Like your own post

1 person likes this.
  16. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Well, someone has to like it.

Or not.

17. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

Move on kid. She's obviously not for you. And yes, as far as LTR go, who she was in the past is your business.

18. cyberangel

cyberangel Members

I hope she finds this post.

(To be clear, the double standard about a female's sexual history versus a male's and the male obsession with female virginity are infuriating.)

19. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

The thing is a virgin doesn't know how much you suck in bed.

C/S,
    Rev J

20. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I once told a guy that I deeply cared about, and I was just talking to that I was doing things with other guys while talking to him. We weren't exclusive like you and your girlfriend. But, I told him because I made a decision at that point to be done with any other guy. I wanted this guy to just be the only guy, basically. We ended up not getting together due to an ex of his reappearing, and him wanting to be with her. But, that's not related to my initial confession of sorts that I made to him. Point is, if your girlfriend is anything like me she might have told you because she is seeing you as more of an important aspect in her life. So, I think it's a good thing that she told you. One because I honor honesty, period. But, two... because if I'm right she is thinking more deeply about you, her life with you, and the relationship. But, like you... he was hurt and angry. He even was upset that I didn't do 'those things' with him, as if he was stating that sex is more affectionate than say having a personal conversation. But, I was like, sex is sex for me. It means nothing. I can actually do without it, probably. What i had with him was more affectionate. I wouldn't go that far, though. I highly doubt your girlfriend feels and thinks the way I do. From my observations, I think most girls don't feel and think like I do, so it's usually the other way around, sex and other relating things is very important to them.