This Is Spinal Chat..

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by deleted, Sep 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deleted

deleted Visitor

Said sugar make it slow and we'll come together fine..

2. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

Can I ask you a fairly personal question?

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Ask him anyway. :)

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Well, that is a question... Doesn't seem very personal though.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I highly doubt I'll have kids either. Everyone tells me that oh with this and that treatment and options blah blah. I'm quite content with my fish tank, my rabbits and dog. Laura really bugging me for this next dog by Christmas perhaps. I dunno. :D if we do, I have all the tools to build a solid kennel run behind the garage where I always wanted it in the first place.

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

http://imgur.com/gallery/fX7xJ

Moving photograph of a Mahout grieving for her beloved elephant "Bow", who passed away today in her sanctuary home in Thailand. (Story and link to album)..

1 person likes this.
  7. Ashalicious

I guess I could have just asked, but it annoys me greatly when people ask me if I want kids, so I was trying to be polite.

Anyways, I was wondering if you've ever regretted NOT having children?

8. Ashalicious

I want a dog so, so badly. We need to find a building that allows pets, though, and the rent market here is terrible right now.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. deleted

deleted Visitor

my kid has more money than me..

2 people like this.
  11. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

lol mine too :D

2 people like this.
  12. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

our friend passed today. hubby is taking it hard.

the wedding was lovely. a really happy bunch, and they are so happy together.

my dress came out ok, but more like a house dress, so i started digging out tubs of clothes. ended up finding some skirts in the attic. it worked out. im exhausted.

2 people like this.
  13. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I thought that was the cutest pattern in the world with that link, ML. I've noticed that shirt waist dresses seem to be coming back in style.

I would be at a total and absolute loss if I were to have to go to a wedding if I couldn't wear a decent to nice-ISH pantsuit.

Nothing I have that would be wedding appropriate is fitting me anymore, and our sewing machine is literally buried in Mama's room under more crap that you can imagine. It's a little Singer and better than lots of newer ones I've seen. I should say its better to me because I used to could make that thing sing, and its not complicated to use.

I hate that about your hubby's friend. Even knowing an end is near doesn't make it easier to take. However, I'm sure he will be able to find comfort in having y'all, his family, around him.

1 person likes this.
  14. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I can see why that would be annoying, but it's probably a more annoying question to a woman than it would be to a man... (or at least to me) You would be the one actually having the child, the father is little more than an accessory at that point. It's a bigger deal for a woman, like "genetic responsibility" or somesuch.

No... I would have been a crap father. I don't like kids, don't have the patience for that and never had the kind of money it takes to properly raise a family.

It's not regret, but on occasion I read about these guys that had their "two sons" come over to help them dig a ditch, split that firewood, fix the car or whatever, and I think "Wow... that'd be nice." Then reality hits and I figure if I did have "two sons" they either wouldn't show up to help or if they did we would get into a chainsaw fight... Not a good scene.

2 people like this.
  15. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

I was married in 1970 for a few years luckily we did not have any children.

As a single self supporting woman I never made enough money to have kids. Also in my position there weren't any people expecting I would have children. I can see where that might be a drag. I have no regrets. I enjoy my solitude and I am not sure I would have made a good parent. I have had over a dozen cats and three dogs since 1970 and I was good with them. With a kid though you can't just put their food and water on the floor and expect them to take care of themselves.

As a part time caregiver to both of my parents over the last 12 or so years, I sometimes think that I won't have anyone to do for me all the many things I am able to do for them. The fact is that no one who has children can expect that their children will be their caregivers in old age.

3 people like this.
  16. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I have no desire for kids either. And the GF is unable to have them so it works out. Plenty of other people are the 19 and kids and counting types. Let them keep the population up. I think the days when you needed to have 10 offspring because 5 would die in youth and a few would die in war so you still need some extra to work your land are over. Birth rates are down in many parts of the world.

1 person likes this.
  17. Ashalicious

I kind of have my heart set on adopting an older child. An orphan or something. A child that, for whatever reason no fault of its own, does not have a family.
    Last year alone in Van there were hundreds upon hundreds of 12 year old children up for adoption that were overlooked simply because of their age.

I do know that I love children, and I do have a very maternal side to me that I cannot ignore. I just don't think I want to birth my own children.

2 people like this.
  18. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

After winding up as caregiver for Mama, I can assure you I intend to NEVER put my son in this position!!! goodnightalive

Just for the record, my (mean ass) grandmother was down here for a time but Mama NEVER EVER did for her mother what I'm now doing for Mama. Mama never interrupted her life of doing exactly what she wanted in order to take care of Mema. For a time they paid a sitter and sometimes CNA to come and help but it was always just during the day. For a time (less than a year) we all managed to struggle through not having a sitter or CNA because Mema was so very spoiled and had such a mean tongue they all eventually quit. When Mema started showing out in the night and waking everybody up, Mama had her put in a nursing home posthaste.

I guess I'm just saying that even having a child is most certainly no guarantee that they will "take care of you" or even want to help really. lol But I'll not find out because I'm not putting my son in that position. hell no and double hell no.

I need to get a will made, I know...but I will also make certain to have arrangements in place if I happen to live for what seems like forever and I'm unable to be independent.

2 people like this.
  19. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Ash, do not have a child unless you have an absolute, undeniable, compulsion to do so.

My former husband and his wife are foster parents. They adore it and they've ended up adopting several of the children that have stayed with them a long time.

1 person likes this.
  20. deleted

deleted Visitor

my kid wants me to retire in Hawaii... then hes going to throw me into a volcano when I die. thats the plan. lol

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.