Ladies How Annoying Are "nice Guys"?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by unfocusedanakin, Sep 19, 2016.

1. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Well, if we are basing this thread entirely off of anecdotal evidence and outlandish claims:

I've never met a woman older than 20 who would be interested in having sex with a murderer, and being a drug dealer hardly makes you bad person, Jesus. I don't think most women are into "bad boys."

Most of the genuinely nice guys I know attract equally pleasant ladies. And they deserve it-- because they are good people.

But most of the men I have known who claim to be "nice guys" and complain about being stuck in the "friend zone" are usually insufferable assholes and there are usually good reasons why they can't get some.

1 person likes this.
  2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

It's very possible I've done one too many drugs but I don't really understand why there is such an emphasis placed on guys to have confidence.

I mean we're born in this ~14 billion year old Universal process, thrown into, as far as we know, this solitary inhabitable planet and take ~20 years to develop our full cognitive capacities, while most of our senses are only mediocre compared to the majority of the animal kingdom. This is not even touching upon the societal issues and pressures most of us face as well.

What is there to be confident about in all this?
    It seems like we're being asked to either bullshit ourselves in attempting to attain this idealized mental state or it's some primitive posturing that we are being reinforced to cling too.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
    -Albert Einstein

1 person likes this.
  3. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

It is called Hybristophilia, and it is very real.

http://coed.com/2016/04/25/women-love-men-jail-records-new-study-findings-facts-details-hybristophilia/

A National Geographic documentary on 'love behind bars' presented a guard who worked at a maximum security prison for dangerous criminals. The guard reported that it was alarming the amount of love letters these dangerous prisoners received from random women on the outside who had somehow learned about them(T.V., newspapers, documentaries, etc.) and were hooked on the idea of pursuing, what they perceived as, a "tough rebel". In my opinion a large percentage of women "suffer" from a mild form of Hybristophilia.

4. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

What you think and what is fact are two entirely different things.

When I was 'nice' I could barely score a '5', and even then it was a struggle.
    Now I'm not 'nice' I regularly bag 8/9/10s, thirty to fourty years younger than me, as often as I like.

5. You took the words right out of my mouth.

Confidence is weird. The people who should be the most confident are the people who realize that they are frail. The truth being that everyone on Earth is miniscule in the face of all existence, time and space. To act like you''re really important is just the biggest joke, and we'd probably all be laughing our asses off if our brains were capable of ascertaining our true place in the cosmos. We'd probably laugh ourselves to death over such notions as fame and celebrity.

But on the face of it, acting like you're very important is what a lot of people want. Biologically we are programmed to try and pass on our genes, and the more you seem like a survivor, whether true or false, the more likely you are to get a chance to pass on your genes. Ironically, however, the odds of surviving are best with those who understand their environment. And anybody who doesn't understand how feeble they are does not understand their environment.

1 person likes this.
  6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

so basically, fedoras are terrible for confidence.

7. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

I've made it to age 60 with no major illness, and I can still run 15km.

Happy to pass on my genes!

8. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

So when something is based on my personal experiences it is not a fact and when it is based in your personalexperiences it is a fact? Is that how that works?

9. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Yes, histophilia is a well known and well documented phenomenon. But this is a small subset of the population and I can find no hard evidence that "a large percentage of women suffer from a mild form of histophilia."

10. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

We would need to know our relative ages, you might be 16 .............. or you might not know any other people and just sit in your room posting on forums all day.
    YD linked to some facts in his post here http://www.hipforums.com/forum/topic/478079-ladies-how-annoying-are-nice-guys/?p=7966522

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Well, you guys have done a great job at proving your facts.

I'm going to go dump my boyfriend, with whom I share very similar values and who treats me very kindly, to go be with a murderer. I'm a female, cant fight the destiny of my vagina.

1 person likes this.
  12. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Yes, I read the brief article which cites one "recent" study.

"The study, which zeroed in on prison guards and other correctional workers, found that almost four percent of prison workers (including psychologists, social workers, nurses, teachers, and other professionals) will experience some form of attraction to inmates"

Hardly a groundbreaking revelation. 4%? I would guess the number at that or higher by chance alone.

It's no secret that hybristophilia exists. But one "article" from a questionable source is hardly evidence as I would define it. Especially to justify the pervasiveness of his claims.

On another note, are we talking about sex alone here, or actual relationships? Nice guys don't get a lot of hookups, is that implication? A genuinely "nice guy" probably wouldn't measure his success or base his confidence on the amount of people he's slept with. There are more important measures.

13. I'm sure when the sun starts to explode the world will need really fast people who are immune to disease.

14. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

Can't we include both sex and relationships?

I have 2 current relationships, wife (7 years) and a girlfriend (3 months), and sex with other women off and on (5 in the last 6 months). Now I'm over 60 the number of random encounters is reduced.

15. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

1 person likes this.
  16. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Of course! Seemed like everyone just had a different idea of what sort of relationships we were discussing.

17. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

Also to consider western relationships and Asian relationships are fundamentally different.

In the west you get to know each other, and if you like each other after a while it leads to sex.

In Asia, you usually have sex straight away, and if you enjoy the sex after a while you get to know each other.

I've not mentioned arranged marriage, as that's a bit strange, although very common. Either two families doing a business or land deal, and sealing it with marriage. And the direct sale of their daughters as a wife, usually to a wealthier man (it's a variation on the sex as/at a start of a relationship) .

18. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

*crosses Asia off his "Places to date girls" list*

19. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

LOL This is real outside of movies?

20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

??