• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Bonsai123

Bonsai123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted September 14 2016 - 05:22 PM

I just moved to a new state and a new school. I am not *terribly* socially awkward, but I am rather shy, and it takes me a while to make friends. Anyways, here I go...

I'm a guy, and I have two classes with another guy. I instantly developed a major, erm, crush on him. I've never experienced anything this strong with anybody. The thing is, I've never even talked to him. It was just the fifth day of school today. He is really confusing me. I think he is incredibly attractive (looks a bit like Shawn Mendes), but he seems pretty socially awkward. He really kept to himself the first couple of days, and now he seems like he is just walking up to random groups of people to try to talk, but then I see him heading to his moms car alone every day. Again, he seems a bit odd, which I noticed more than ever today. I sit facing him across the room in French class, and he usually keeps to himself, but he smiles at random things and fidgets a lot and mouths words. He isn't like a complete weirdo or anything, just different. And I feel very very strongly that I need to befriend him, but I'm not sure how to do that. I'm kind of socially awkward.

I only see this kid in class two classes a day, and we sit too far away to talk. We made eye contact a couple times the other day, but that's it. The hallways are so crowded and rushed, and I only walk by him a couple of times. I do see him at lunch, but he has been sitting in the cafeteria, and I've been eating in the courtyard. I guess I could see where he's sitting and try to sit next to him, but what would I say? What if I ran into him outside after school or whatnot? What could I say that wouldn't sound creepy? "Hey *****, want to sit together at lunch today?"... Doesn't that sound kind of weird?

I really need help. I am so infatuated with him, I'd love nothing more right now than to just talk to him and be his friend. Please, give me any advice at all, thanks!!

#2 TurmoilAndy

TurmoilAndy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted November 15 2016 - 06:59 AM

You go up to him and say: "Hey whats your name" and go from there.

Good luck :D

#3 morrow

morrow

Free as a bird

• PipPipPip
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationNW UK

Posted November 15 2016 - 07:05 AM

Hand him a pencil, and say..I think you dropped this..

#4 Sarahy

Sarahy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted November 17 2016 - 09:06 AM

Hand him a pencil, and say..I think you dropped this..

hahahah this is the best, expecially if its actually your pencil

• morrow likes this

#5 NoahUS

NoahUS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted November 17 2016 - 12:06 PM

I am always akward, nobody cares :D

#6 morpheus85

morpheus85

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted November 19 2016 - 07:47 AM

You go up to him and say: "Hey whats your name" and go from there.

Good luck :D

Ye just try this, its hard for it to go bad so dont worry :D

#7 Wolf Angel.

Wolf Angel.

• PipPipPip
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationWyth in the Shaw = Manchester - England

Posted November 20 2016 - 03:35 AM

Be it, Male,Female / Male,Male / Female,Female, Social (and moreover emotional) interaction is always somewhat awkward - and not age-restricted - Sometimes you have to just jump in and; as with any liaison, it is friendship - compatibility - and then .. before lust takes over.

A friendly chat perhaps on the subject matter of the lessons you are both taking is a starting point - once conversation starts, and develops, one can get a vibe and direction on which to continue

"And in the End, the Love You Take, is Equal to the Love, You Make"

< Peace + Love . Protest + Protect . Save the Planet > 

#8 Sarahy

Sarahy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted November 22 2016 - 07:59 AM

Its only going to be akward if you think its akward :D

#9 Aerianne

Aerianne

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,374 posts
  • LocationMetro Atlanta

Posted November 22 2016 - 10:59 AM

I just moved to a new state and a new school. I am not *terribly* socially awkward, but I am rather shy, and it takes me a while to make friends. Anyways, here I go...
I'm a guy, and I have two classes with another guy. I instantly developed a major, erm, crush on him. I've never experienced anything this strong with anybody. The thing is, I've never even talked to him. It was just the fifth day of school today. He is really confusing me. I think he is incredibly attractive (looks a bit like Shawn Mendes), but he seems pretty socially awkward. He really kept to himself the first couple of days, and now he seems like he is just walking up to random groups of people to try to talk, but then I see him heading to his moms car alone every day. Again, he seems a bit odd, which I noticed more than ever today. I sit facing him across the room in French class, and he usually keeps to himself, but he smiles at random things and fidgets a lot and mouths words. He isn't like a complete weirdo or anything, just different. And I feel very very strongly that I need to befriend him, but I'm not sure how to do that. I'm kind of socially awkward.
I only see this kid in class two classes a day, and we sit too far away to talk. We made eye contact a couple times the other day, but that's it. The hallways are so crowded and rushed, and I only walk by him a couple of times. I do see him at lunch, but he has been sitting in the cafeteria, and I've been eating in the courtyard. I guess I could see where he's sitting and try to sit next to him, but what would I say? What if I ran into him outside after school or whatnot? What could I say that wouldn't sound creepy? "Hey *****, want to sit together at lunch today?"... Doesn't that sound kind of weird?
I really need help. I am so infatuated with him, I'd love nothing more right now than to just talk to him and be his friend. Please, give me any advice at all, thanks!!

How old are you and this guy?

#10 Meloetta

Meloetta

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 20 2016 - 07:16 PM

"Hi, I can feel you buzz electric, I'll pick you up at the gate this evening"