I Am A Loser. Here Is Why:

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by Purple666, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Purple666

Purple666 Members

I am about to turn 32. I lost my girl of 10 years I became an alcoholic. I lost my job. I crashed my car and went to jail. Finally I recently had to move back in with my parents.

I have no car no money no girl. Its gonna be hard starting over.

I quit drinking. Its a start i guess.

2. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Yeah, that is pretty bad. Good thing is that you can't get much lower. Just "up" from here

3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

could start writting country songs

1 person likes this.
  4. Perfect Disorder

Perfect Disorder Paradoxically Spontaneous

Yeah sounds like great material for a country song or two. Now you just need to perfect the draw and get a blinged out cowboy hat

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Quitting drinking is a great start.

Alcoholics aren't losers, they're just alcoholics. Just stay away from the drinky and you'll pull yourself together

6. morrow

morrow Visitor

Starting over isnt easy, nor is it impossible! Believe me, I know!
    But with the right mind set, you WILL do it! You can do it!
    Believe in your self, life starting over, and you have age on your side, you can still do, and be anything you want!
    So your back home, your lucky, believe me...someone the same situation have no one! Give it your best shot!

Good luck!

2 people like this.
  7. F6C

F6C Members

And remember, being an alcoholic isn't the same as being a loser - it's a disease and needs to be treated as such by the medical profession. As long as you've got a good support system in place around you and try and stay strong you'll soon be on the road to recovery.

By the way - DON'T CALL YOURSELF A LOSER - YOU'VE GOT AN ILLNESS AND RECOGNISING THAT IS THE FIRST STEP, SO WELL DONE FOR THAT

8. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Sorry to hear this. Quitting drinking is a huge step in the right direction though.

I know this may not be a time that makes you feel lucky, but this may be a good time to be grateful for what you've got. You didn't die in your car crash, and (hopefully) you didn't kill or seriously injure anyone else. I'm sure you got at least a little banged up in your crash, but however bad it was, it probably could have been a whole lot worse. Jail probably wasn't fun, but it also could have been a lot worse than it was.

Figuring out why things fell apart when your relationship ended may help. If you can learn to be ok without being in a relationship, you'll be better off in the long term than if your relationship had never ended.

Hope that things can get better soon!

2 people like this.
  9. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Okay... I'll believe you.

10. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

A song For you By the Fab's

http://youtu.be/5Ek98SclaXk

11. Purple666

Purple666 Members

Well I got a call for an interview today from this restaurant as a grill cook thats within walking distance. I guess ill do that until I can save for a shit car in cash. Hopefully I am hired because i dont have reliable "rides" anywhere else for a full time job.

Then after that i can get a new job and new apartment then look into girls again.

Heres a crazy sidenote on relationships. I have a female friend who doesnt care about any of my downfalls. We have known each other for 3 years. Shes hot, smart, funny, an artist and musician (she does cover songs at a piano bar) and is into all the same things i am. She said she really wants to date me and has proclaimed love for me.

Whats the catch you may wonder? Jesus! Like literally. She got "saved" not long ago and if she dates an athiest she will burn in hell. Im not joking. I even go to church with her sometimes and shes like shhhh just pretend and dont talk! So i do lol. But shes gone total jesus freak...so weird. I call BS on it and we argue over it. She calls me the spawn of satan. Im like girl then why are we best friends?

Anyway my interview is tomorrow lets- see how this goes.

12. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Good News, I Wish You Well...... :)

Cheers Glen.

13. Yogamat

Yogamat Members

One step at a time!Best wishes for your interview tomorrow,I really hope you get it! So you were an alcoholic?Ok,but you're not anymore!Going to jail was the best thing that could of happened to you right?We all make mistakes,the most important things though are not to dwell on them,and not repeat them! Seems like life has given you another chance.Do something kind for yourself.If you get the job,work hard and be reliable.Don't allow any negative self talk.If you find yourself doing this,re focus your mind just on your breath......"I am breathing in.....I am breathing out"! Be kind to those around you (Work and home)and practice being grateful for what you have. Right now you have somewhere live,hopefully a new job etc. Looking after yourself takes far less energy than not looking after yourself.Good luck and walk in peace.

14. Tyrsonswood

Run away like your pants are on fire...

Good luck on the job.

15. Purple666

Purple666 Members

Well. I got the job. I start Monday.

Alcohol problem. Check
    Job. Check
    Let the car and apartment saving begin.....
    Hot waitresses at this place too so.....who knows. Just sayin' :p.

Thanks for the kind words all. Things going to "plan" so far....

2 people like this.
  16. Tyrsonswood

For the time being, skip the "hot waitresses"...

17. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

yep..hot waitress will cause more trouble than the alcohol

oh and.....kiss my grits

18. Purple666

Purple666 Members

Oh I am well aware of this. It will be hard however because it's one of these places where the girls are required to dress in really skimpy outfits. Must look away....must look away....lulz

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

which also means there will be lots of alcohol there. be careful..

20. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I wish you the best of luck but I’m guessing it’s harder to quit drinking than you think.
    Especially If you lose your job and the hot waitress suddenly proclaims she’s pregnant

Hotwater