Anyone Else Remember Snot Strings?

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by Jimbee68, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

I'm in the right forum, because I know this is just going to blow some of your minds. But does anyone else remember snot strings?

I haven't had one in about 40 years (I guess I can tell you all, I am 48 now).

Snots used to fall out of my nose, attached to long spiral strings. For a while, I couldn't figure out why I didn't get them anymore. But I think I have figured it out. Some INSECT was borrowing in my nose, and wrapped its web around my snot[​IMG] [​IMG] !

Don't dismiss it. I haven't had one in over forty years. And you all have to admit, some insects have gone extinct, no doubt to overuse of pesticides in this country.

Yeah, they used to tickle like hell. I would practically scream when one popped out of my nose. Interesting side story, my great aunt Lottie used to get them. But she never noticed. She'd have sometimes more than one, even, hanging from her nose. And she was oblivious to it. One time, my mother had me hug her. And I did with great revulsion. My mother was dismayed. But it wasn't my fault. It was that damn snot string!

(Great Aunt Lottie was a very nice person, BTW. We always sat people next to her at awkward family events, because no one had any issues with her.)

But back to my question: Snot strings? Does anyone else remember them? And when was the last time you had one :toilet: [​IMG] ?

:daisy: :daisy: :daisy:

2. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

This morning. [​IMG]

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Zionist conspiracy.

4. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

No it was before my time - gross yes, but there were some worse ideas for children's candy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hotwater

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

If you cared to look it up on the goggle you'd know it's just a side effect of another serious health problem. :)

6. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

I remember kids in grade school faking this, using strings. Sure got the teachers attention lol