Sending Vibes?

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Fueled by Coffee, Sep 7, 2016.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I've wondered how a person can actually send vibes for a long time. Sending vibes to another person seems like a non-religious alternative to prayer, as far as I understand. For example, I've heard people say, "I don't believe in prayer, but I'll send good vibes your way." Is sending vibes another way to wish good will to others? Or is it a religiously agnostic or atheist way of praying?

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I think when it's meant literally, it's usually in the context of people that believe in energies such as chakras and stuff, so there is a spiritual component there. I think if/when it's used in a secular context, it's basically an informal way of Wishing good will to others.

I've never really heard the phrase tied in with atheism or agnosticism specifically.

3. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

When's the last time you gave someone a hug? Or a smile? :D

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

If you don't take the batteries out, postman gone go through your parcel. ;)

5. MeatyMushroom

As long as he unwraps it neatly :p

6. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

I know of reiki masters who do long distance healing.

I think good vibes is basically high prana or chi. High prana levels result in good overall health, happiness and well-being.

Also good vibes could be the power of austerity within oneself gained through spiritual practices. Spiritual masters or elderly wise people can bless people to the point that their wishes come true, and that they be healthy and well .

Bad vibes are curses which can lower the prana of the affected person or make him more unconscious and reduce his or her mental equanimity, which can attract adverse circumstances and situations instead of fulfilling one's wishes.

Good behavior at all times, and reverential attitude to life and all of existence is one way of ensuring only positive vibes come your way and not the negative vibes. You can even convert your enemies to friends that way.

1 person likes this.
  7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Without slapping a label of it, narrowing it down unneccessary, yes it is basically the same as praying for someone without getting some deity or religious principle into it. But for all I know it can cross over with religious people and their mindsets and purpose of why to do such a thing. Rastafari is a religion as well and some of them talk more about sending vibes out than praying for someone any day.

8. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

One thing I wonder about this. I assume that as well as good vibes, one can also send bad. So how come some politicians and others who are generally disliked by millions don't fold up under the pressure of the negative vibes sent their way?
    You'd think that if this does work, and enough people sent bead vibes at a particular person, that person would have some kind of negative reaction at least. But it doesn't seem to work that way.

1 person likes this.
  9. Asmodean

Didn't you notice how fast Obama became grey!?

10. BlackBillBlake

True he did. But to go on with your Rasta example - they don't care much for Queen Elizabitch and must have been bombarding the woman with bad vibes for decades now, but still she goes on and on.

But as they say, the devil looks after his own, or perhaps it's just that she gets more good vibes than bad directed at her.

11. Asmodean

Maybe you're wrong here and they didn't do that 'en masse'.

12. BlackBillBlake

Perhaps.

But if a single person can send good healing vibes at someone that have an effect, as has been claimed, the reverse should also be true, so perhaps not.

13. Asmodean

Yes but as you proposed already: when it were only a few the wellment anglican prayers outnumbered those ;)

14. BlackBillBlake

Vibrational warfare.

15. Asmodean

Sounds like a good album or song title! As I am still planning on coming up with a combi of black metal and roots reggae I hope it remains untaken until I really get to it :-D

2 people like this.
  16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Bill Clinton looks like he is on death's door, so maybe it is working

1 person likes this.
  17. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

In a universe where vibes happen---in other words, where intention can spread across the universe like waves from a common point of origin such as our individual mind, then it invariably means that we can shape reality. The whole concept of a vibe is based upon shaping non-local reality---that we can shape what happens to something without even having physical contact with it. The concept also implies that belief is important.

There is clearly a collective vibe happening---such as the impact of racism and bigotry and other social biases. We could argue that while hatred of politicians could have a negative impact upon them, that surely the feelings, emotions, and energy they create through their position and support, their own Will to Power, that they evoke a collective vibe as well, one that may very well defuse the negative vibes of those who do not follow them.

But if we can shape nonlocal reality, individually and collectively, imagine how much more control we can have to shape reality locally---our own reality. A politician who has a belief so strong to enable him (or her) to rise up to power above others and their collective opinions and beliefs is someone shaping his (her) own reality. His (or her) own beliefs, assumptions and context (his (her) vibes directed to himself) can certainly be greater than those of others sent to him nonlocally. This is true even if he (or she) is not shaping his (her) own reality but is the very product of it. A queen, for example, does not have to believe in her ability to rise above others, because it is the reality she is born into. The belief is already assumed and programmed. This is very different, for example, from a young black boy who rises up to become succesful and wealthy from his poverty against the prejudices and biases that are collectively forced upon him by society and its prejudices.

3 people like this.
  18. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Vibes may be real.

I was at a three day rock concert one time sitting at our campfire at night by myself when three guys walked up. I assumed they had just hiked in as the roads were closed so I offered them some water. But I was getting bad vibes, something was wrong, unfortunately I was pretty wasted so it didn't sink into my parietal lobe just barely making it to the medulla oblongata were it got confused and made my eyes water.

They stuck a gun in my gut and demanded all the money I didn't have.
    Luckily I lived through it all and ended up here.

So the question is were they sending bad vibrations out across the campfire, or did I just subconsciously read body language?

Which reminds me of a song..

http://youtu.be/B0yoiBYbT2I​
    Except I was getting bad vibrations.

19. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I've occasionally used the phrase...basically I just meant "good luck, I'm thinking about you", or something. [​IMG]

20. MeatyMushroom

Awesome.

Gives insight into the power of what our social group holds through constructive and destructive interference.

Edit: This is why I love you guys here on Hip <3

1 person likes this.