Steve Irwin

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by r0llinstoned, Sep 4, 2016.

1. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Yup. The point being?

2. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

What A Downright "Shitty" Thing To Say........[​IMG]

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i like non-humans themselves. human moderators seem like a kind of useless appendage.
    no offense to the memory of anyone intended, you know, but i'd rater remember and commemorate the creatures themselves.

4. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

This awesome man would have turned 55 today

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

His Son Is Currently Touring America Appearing On Talk Shows.

He Is Only 13 But Is A Very Confidant And Well Spoken Young Man.

Steve Would Be Proud Of Him..... :)

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  6. r0llinstoned

yea I saw a bit of that, both his son and daughter seem to have taken after him!

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Unfortunately seems Bindi just wants to get married and have babies ( not that theres anything wrong with that)

Expect a wedding announcement soon

But should have her own TV show and be a worldwide superstar by now

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Is she even of age to have babies??

9. r0llinstoned

Whats the age limit to have a baby? I'm pretty sure she's 18 or older now.

10. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Lets hope he turns out to be the responsible Irwin

[​IMG]

Hotwater

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

looks like an ugly brat to me :d

1 person likes this.
  12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

What a spinout he is grown (growing) up, remember he was once this little dude, good thing Daddy never mixed up throwing thing with his left hand instead of his right

[​IMG]

13. egger

egger Member

Irwin had the potential to become a respected conservationist but allowed himself to become corrupted by sensational reality TV show networks. His antics of agitating wildlife were akin to MTV Jackass, such as taunting crocodiles with a lawn mower and jumping behind a fence. Yanking the tails of crododiles was another of his favorites. His stunt of carrying his baby son in his arm while feeding a croc was similar to that of Michael Jackson hanging his child out the window of the highrise to journalists below. There's always another stunt to up the ante of sensationlism to win the hearts and minds of the viewers for the sake of increasing ratings..

Similar to Irwin, Jim Fowler of the 1970's TV show Wild Kingdom liked to show off by needlessly wrestling wildlife such as crocodiles (again, the obsession with crocodiles). He would brag about how he might have had his hand chopped off while his elderly colleague, Marlin Perkins, was upstream safe in the hut getting friendly with the native girls.

These shows teach children and the general public that efforts must be made to conserve this precious wildlife so that it can be agitated and capitalized for corporate-sponsered reality TV show ratings.

Jacques Cousteau was of a different breed. He had encounters with wildlife but showed a respect for it. His TV series engaged the public in wildlife but not through the use of sensational jackass stunts.

It's sardonic that Irwin was looking for tiger sharks for his sensationally titled show Ocean's Deadliest and unwittingly made himself look like one. His act of following behind a stingray likely made the stingray think that it was being followed by one of its predators, the tiger shark. Irwin wasn't able to run away from the tail of a stingray like he could from crocodiles after yanking their tails. It was a very tragic incident but for him an appropriate demise.

Wildlife will rest easier without Irwin.

14. ahsorandy

ahsorandy Members

I'm sorry, but I disagree with you completely!

Steve Irwin was a passionate conservationist and a staunch protector of wildlife. He was truly concerned with the conservation of all wildlife everywhere. He promoted the protection of their habitat. He fought against illegal poaching. He encouraged mankind to be tourists of nature. He encouraged us to not purchase any items that were collected as a result of poaching.

He was a self-proclaimed wildlife warrior. As a born communicator, he brought the excitement of nature into our living rooms. He taught us to respect, honor, and cherish nature.

Irwin was a friend to wildlife worldwide. His many awards are a testament to the great work he did for all wildlife.

His death was a blow to wildlife IMHO.

1 person likes this.
  15. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I'm reminded of the latin phrase De mortuis nihil nisi bonum (don't speak ill of the dead)

Hotwater

2 people like this.
  16. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]

If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly be..