#1 pattymary

pattymary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Locationcaribbean

Posted September 03 2016 - 12:51 PM

Hi everybody!

I am planning to fence a plot of land, I would like to use little trees and plants as much as possible, can somebody give me some advice?

• altaai3 likes this
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#2 TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted November 27 2016 - 04:02 PM

Hi everybody!

I am planning to fence a plot of land, I would like to use little trees and plants as much as possible, can somebody give me some advice?

I did this and what I did was go to empty lots and find plants that had already proven they were tough by seeding themselves in empty lots and surviving without care. 

Sharpen your shovel, it makes a HUGE difference when digging up plants, cuts through roots cleanly.

Get a good metal file or much better an angle grinder , this tool and put an edge on that shovel. Works so much better.

b730b22e3c.jpg Always safety glasses with this thing, its a spark spitter.

I moved a wile ago but I just looked on Google Earth and my plant wall is still doing well.

Edited by TheGreatShoeScam, November 27 2016 - 04:04 PM.

You need arch support ! Why to make my arches weak so that way I really do ?

Will wearing a neck brace all day make my neck stronger too ?

If arch support is so good for my feet maybe I should use weight supports at the gym and  get the strongest muscles ever !

#3 Irminsul

Irminsul

Valkyrie

• PipPipPip
  • 17,297 posts
  • LocationBavaria, Deutschland

Posted November 27 2016 - 05:14 PM

This is my backyard area. We had the established hedges, the tall ones that line up the grass area. No one sees in, no one sees out. Tall enough to block the views of neighboring windows etc. they're very vibrant and green in warm month and you just need to manicure them twice a year.

The other bottom photos are another bush of sorts that we have used to build a natural fence. We actually have the other side growing now just the bush is a bit small so that's why the temporary fences exist in the photos, just to keep the dog off the lawn and away from the rabbits. I think you can see Darkness saying hello in the top photo. :D

a43mzn.jpg

Edited by Irminsul, November 27 2016 - 05:14 PM.

Red, white, black are our true colours
For these colours we will fight!
Red, white, black will crush the enemy
And will bring back what is right!

#4 bilby

bilby

Freerangertarian

• PipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts
  • LocationRural NSW

Posted November 27 2016 - 06:22 PM

Do you want privacy or keeping riff-Raff out or keeping animals out?In an ideal world it would be nice not to have any fences but people are not virtuous enough.

Blowing out some one else's candle won't  make yours burn any brighter.

If you understand everything , you must be misinformed.

Reality is a moving target.

#5 drumminmama

drumminmama

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,398 posts
  • LocationPlanet earth, until I find a bigger playground

Posted January 07 2017 - 10:46 AM

Hi everybody!

What grows well?
Do you want thorns?
What heights?
What's the function of the fence?

Will the fence cast shade on food garden plots?
  • bilby likes this
have or want long hair?
Colorado Forum

Unless I post MOD NOTE, I'm replying as a member of the community.

#6 farmerdon

farmerdon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Locationarkansas

Posted January 09 2017 - 12:40 AM

if your going to have a garden, you need chicken wire. especially if you have chickens , as they will wreck the hell out of anything growing. rabbits groundhogs and armadillos also will destroy a good part of a garden. you can always put hedge next to the wire to cover it up, but the wire is a must.

Click to shop at Weed Seed Shop