Internet Urban Legends

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by MugenInfinity, Sep 2, 2016.

1. MugenInfinity

MugenInfinity Members

Urban legends have always fascinated me, especially when they turn out to be true (Thanks a lot, Cracked).
    The Internet, a bizarre, disturbing yet wonderful place has also spawned urban legends of its own.
    One of those would be the creepypastas, though not just about those. I'm talking 'bout things like Annora Petrova, username 666, poisonous Two-Striped Telamonia breeding in North America, Lilly E. Gray, the victim of the beast, Megalodon shark still alive, snuff films, Mereana Mordegard Glesgorv, etc.
    Share any urban legends that were spawned from the Internet.

2. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

JK Rowling has three feet

3. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

Man convinces teenage girl to flash him on webcam.
    Man takes screen shot and proceeds to send picture to teenage girls friends, classmates, ect.
    Man proceeds to ruin girls life.
    Girl commits suicide.

RIP Amanda Todd.

4. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

There is some sick shit on the internet.
    I mean, I ASSUME there is some sick shit on the internet.
    It's not like I've ever watched a man get fuck to death by a horse or anything.

5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Y2K Bug: All Computers were going to crash in the year 2000

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Have you heard the one about the estranged German girl? A witch! Who hides in the posts known only as Irminsul.

She has been on this earth longer than one could imagine, first being enchanted through the scribes on papyrus of ancient Sumer and on through the ages. Engraved in clay, pottery, to graffiti on Roman walls, glyphs of ancient Egypt, to the Runes of the mighty Norse she has been trapped inside the inked texts lost in translation, from charcoals, led, paint and ink she sits and prays. On through the era of paper, the typewriter. Pushed into the many pages of books and finally she's available on the Internet and digital downloads.

There's a witch trapped in this post.

So one must be careful when you post late a nigh'
    For the Iminsul will come, and steal your eye.

;)

2 people like this.
  7. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

A vendor on one of the deep web drug sites was eaten by a cannibal. That cannibal then sent the dealer's bones out to his customers to be snorted in the product. People figured this out when they began to complain about the low quality of the powder and the cannibal proudly admitted it to everyone.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Oh I thought that was going to be about Armin Mews the German guy who sold his body and was killed and eaten upon request. lol. Or maybe Mews was the cannibal. I dunno. :D

9. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

The nat. Inquire from the mid 70s has the net beat .