E-Waste Recycling Business

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by Borin, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Borin

Borin Members

My company is piled up of old computers, phones and other miscellaneous electronics that need to be disposed of. What can I do with these old electronics ? While searching I came across an article on How to start an e-waste recycling business . I think it's a good idea better than just disposing of it to the land. If somebody has experience with e-waste recycling business, please share your thoughts.

2. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

not as much of a gold mine as you may think. There are tons of laws/regulations governing it and you have to process an ungodly amount of shit to see any profit.
    I have gone to one numerous times dropping off old workstations and stuff. They always have mountains of monitors, computers, printers, etc piled up about two stories high, probably a dozen or more 4'x'4'x4' pallet crates full of old hard drives, and shit tons of motherboards and other pcb components.
    Their lot covers over a city block.

point being is they process that much crap almost daily, so it isn't an easy or inexpensive business to start up.

3. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

This is how you play the (wink wink) "Environmental" E-Waste BU$INE$$...

First you have to fool the government and the people in to thinking that it costs you a fortune to process all this free metal. Have the government hand over loads in funding and force all the consumers to pay ENVIRONMENTAL FEES when they buy new electronics. Then you set up a board of a dozen or more high paid executives to run your "non profit" facade. They will then set up a national network of collection STEWARDS. They will get a share of environmental fee money for just setting out some bins for people to throw electronics into. The stewards will fight off all the people wanting to salvage and reuse anything to protect their free money. Just pray that enough people are stupid and forget that REDUCING and REUSING are more environmentally important than this consumer subsidized recycling scam. Put up lots of big green "Enviro-Depo" signs to keep them thinking that you actually care about the environment. When in reality, you are just part of a greedy crooked "throw away" society consumerism machine. Ship everything off to highly secretive processing facilities where you collect all the valuable metals and sweep the nasty toxic bits under the proverbial rug.

The Canadian EPRA,
    the "non-profit" association of PROFITEERING ASSOCIATES!