Blade Runner Pc Game

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by unfocusedanakin, Aug 20, 2016.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Did anyone else ever play this? I remember finding that game discounted and buying it to put on my parent's computer.
    I thought it was so cool and in depth at the time compared to other games I had played. You could easily make so many mistakes and you had to do just the right thing or you had to start over. Or at least it felt that way was as a kid.
    I became obsessed with the world in that game. I read the book that inspired it, saw the movie, and was writing short stories in class about that kind of sci-fi stuff. Which is weird when all the other kids are writing about Pokemon apparently. The whole morality or lack thereof for a android that could feel emotions was just fascinating to me.

http://www.pcgamer.com/returning-to-westwoods-blade-runner/

1 person likes this.
  2. deleted

deleted Visitor

Same here, I was a kid, my dad would bring home magazines like Heavy Metal, OMNI, Easy Rider< lol by far the favorite .. But one day he brought home this comic book Blade Runner and I was just blown away by it. Would just read it over and over. To bad it got worn out so much, probably worth a couple nickles ..Local theater ran it and I had to of seen it there over 10times. The background and city sounds, the mixed languages, flying cars ... Didnt see any other movie when I was growing up that I wanted to see over and over that way..

3. MugenInfinity

MugenInfinity Members

Wow, I didn't even know there was a Blade Runner game, and that movie is one of my favorites too.
    The closest I thing to a Blade Runner game I saw before this was Snatcher, from Hideo Kojima.

4. TomBou

TomBou Members

I recently aqcuired this PC game and got it to work flawlessy in Windows 10. Or so I thought. All was happy until I got stuck in the game not knowing what to do next. On top of that, my savegame got corrupted. Last time I tried to save the game just froze and I had to close it by force. Next time I tried to load the game it froze again. So whoopee. Great game but now I'm not sure if it's worth playing if it has this kind of problem. I don't remember having this back in the 90s when I played this last time. At least I'd have to be saving the game often and keep at least 2 savegames.