Did Nubia Develop Before Egypt?

Discussion in 'History' started by Motion, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Motion

Motion Senior Member

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I believe so. Egypt is kind of new to the African continent in history terms. A lot older than that though in places. :)

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Egypt were the new kids on the block... A lot of stuff developed and declined before they came along.

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Nubia developed before but Egypt seem to have developled later to a greater extent and egypt civilisation seems to have had greater impact on the region and other civilisations (middle eastern, ancient greek, roman), although no doubt Nubian civilisation made quite an impression on their surrounding people in their heyday as well. But I think this is why most archeologists and historians still place more emphasis on Egypt civilisation in general.

5. Motion

Motion Senior Member

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I wouldn't even call 1962 history........that's like yesterday in the scheme of years were talking about going back...

7. Motion

Motion Senior Member

I mentioned 1962 so people can more easily find the sixth paragraph in section C on the link. The paragraph starts with 1962 in the sentence,the date of Keith Seele's work in Nubia.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Gotcha. ;)