A Question Of The Day For Science On Star Deaths

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by bourne1978, Aug 6, 2016.

1. bourne1978

bourne1978 Members

If each star isnt of the same exact making, then couldnt it be true that they age differently?

Our sun (which is "the" one of a kind star since it has something to do w/ life in the universe) could have slipped into its elderhood some point ago, and is due a death.

Question: What would be the noticeable stage signs before our sun goes quazar(sp?) (as in, sprays its' guts in two opposite directions)? All I've learned of is the stage signs before a star goes supernova, is why I ask.

I figured that the science theory about how long stars lasts has got to be incorrect, due to DIFFERENCES in their inner making, which has to be specific to each star, right?

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I believe our sun is about halfway through it's life span and the general consensus is it will expand, basically taking much, if not all of the solar system with it.

There are different types of stars, white dwarf, yellow dwarf,red giant and several others. So based on that and other conditions, such as binary star systems, where 2 stars are in close proximity to another, that will determine the fate of the star.

3. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It would seem with that logic then, that everything is fated?

4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I didn't make any assertions about a universal determinism, I am strictly talking stars...

Although with the ubiquity of stars, it certainly is easy to suppose that might be the case.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

$10 the sun only expands to earth and not the solar system.

6. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

:D do you have a foreign bank account on Pluto?

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

My Swiss bank account is universally approved. :D I pay for that extra option. ;)

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't see why. i'm going to grow old and die eventually, because that's what humans are guaranteed to do. that doesn't mean that everything that happens between now and then is out of my control though.

9. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I only came here because my dyslexia made me think this thread was about death stars

10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

since every death star is different, isn't it possible that shooting the main reactor won't destroy the next one?

11. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

All I know is they will destroy the next one before production is finished.

12. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Science is always improving its understandings and correcting its estimations. It is possible they have our sun's lifespan incorrect. Does it really matter to any of us here if it lasts another 5 billion years or 7 billion or 3 billion? One thing we can be absolutely sure of is that it can't last forever. It will lose energy and mass over time.

13. Healing Feather

Healing Feather Members

Forgive me I'm new and looking for a hippy community in california or a peace community does anyone have any info please.thanks fellows