What Makes One A Loser?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by sennyguy, Aug 5, 2016.

1. erikat

erikat Newbie

a loser is someone that loses something, a bet, gamble, or a game, &c.

1 person likes this.
  2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i would say close but no cigar. i'd be tempted to say someone with tiny hands, but that brings the realization of how easy it is to be unkind, even when sometimes it is earned and deserved.
    the whole idea of anyone being what they do, instead of always having some choice as to at least what they think NEXT, whatever they may have done or had happen to them in the past, that idea, of someone being fundimentally flawed because of a passing misfortune, i think that's nonsense, and buying into is certainly a weakness of character.

but if someone continually cognizantly chooses to repeat the same obvious causes of losses that cause harm not only to them selves, but to everyone else, then doing so, that i see as EARNING some degree of contempt.
    and again not because someone looses at something, but because they keep deliberately repeating HOW they loose and why.

1 person likes this.
  3. Keyser_Söze

Keyser_Söze Members

I think most people that would consider themselves "loosers" are not people that I would ever think of as one.

Thinking you are one, or that people perceive you as such - is likely a biproduct of depression or loneliness.

I'd think a looser is a child abuser, a bully, a racist or a bigot. Those are the groups that are losers in my mind. People that want to bring others down to make themselves feel better. And likely they don't identify as "looser".

I've only felt like a looser when the cold grasp of depression tightens around me. It always go away eventually, with a lot of hard work.

Hope you feel better OP.

1 person likes this.
  4. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

i would say you are wrong

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

would you say that makes him a loser?

6. Adventuregirlx

Adventuregirlx Members

Honestly. A loser is someone who gets knocked down and doesnt get the fuck back up. And hotwater is right. You were able to afford college etc n also ezm8 is right too. If ur given every oppurtunity in life n whine & bitch u may b a loser. Id prob just call u spoiled tho. Do u. Even realize what othrr ppl deal with? Perspective. And never compare yourself to others. Come back n talk when u have real issues

7. Adventuregirlx

Adventuregirlx Members

Ps i understand being sad. Upset. Whatever. We all pity outselves at times. Im currently not only heartbroken but have a terminal illness. Do i pity myself? Nope. Because i have friends and i worked on my karma. I hate to break it to you but life sucks at times. Its what you do and the attitude you have that determines everything. I have little patience for someone w no real probs whining and bitching. But i get it. Write a gratitude log every day and be happy you are healthy

8. Adventuregirlx

Adventuregirlx Members

Seriously appreciate life while healthy

9. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

no. Being incorrect is not losing.
    Now I am not saying he is not a loser...I just don't have the information needed to make that judgment.

10. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

Imho, 27 is a fairly young age. You should concentrate on improving your career prospects through further education and so on which can enable you to earn better. Perhaps study accountancy now that you have work experience in it.

Extensive training in music obviously builds up the cultural and artistic aspect in a man and that is one area most people are found lacking. This can help you to build up good relationships and friends , especially among cultured people , which is what is really worthwhile.

A cousin of mine told me that women are attracted to musicians , which I find to be true as well, so it can hold you good in that aspect as well.

You have a lot of positives, if you ask me, and you have to build up on these positives.

11. sennyguy

sennyguy Members

Thanks for the replies all. I think I'm coming more to terms with what I am and what I have been ordained to be. I'm not a "Winner" but I could be much worse off. I got a new full time career as well, and I still do a lot of what I really want to do as well. I still stink with dating and women, though. I'm not very attractive and a bit overweight as well, but again, it could be much worse. I am blessed.

1 person likes this.
  12. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

You can be a "loser" in the eyes of the World but a success as a human being and on your own terms.It is best to get a sense of well-worth from inside yourself.Don't worry about other people.Unfortunately they will often let you down.Best not to bother.

1 person likes this.
  13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

competing is loosing. playing the game of comparing yourself to others.
    winning is creating and exploring and refusing to play that game at all.

life is too short to be distracted from the strange wondrous diversity of the universe,
    by human pettiness, aggressiveness and ego.

14. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

From my own life experiences, and I would define a loser as one who has poor study habits, work habits and courage.

All failures have their root in any of these or a combination of these.

15. lovelyfoxes

lovelyfoxes Members

I wouldn't say you're a loser at all, in fact it would never cross my mind from that post...just someone that hasnt found what theyre looking for, nothing wrong with that. Sometimes it takes years and years maybe to find that something that turns it all around. Stay up, stay positive and it will come together :)
    I'd say a loser is someone that is negative, miserable, always looking to bring people down. Never tries, blames other folks for their own misfortunes. Someone that just pisses and moans all the time.

1 person likes this.
  16. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It's usually other people or a depressed self that defines someone as a loser.

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I heard a segment on news radio about an American who joined ISIS. Cant remember exactly what his dad did but I want to say he was a US general, a really important guy. And he was always disappointed in his son because he was a classic underachiever. And then his son joined ISIS and moved to Syria, moved up the ranks and is now a leader within ISIS. And his dad is of course now more disappointed than ever and thinks he's a huge loser, but as the journalist pointed out his son is a respected member of ISIS and is a leader to a lot of people so while obviously he didnt choose a path we would consider admirable and moral, he isnt an underachiever anymore either.

Lesson learned, what defines a loser is all about perspective

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

playing the game of comparing yourself to others makes everyone a looser.
    everyone loses, wins and breaks even, but rating yourself on how well you imitate others,
    or the comonality of familiar expectations, THAT is loosing 'bigly".
    not only does it loose you yourself, it looses all you would otherwise have had to give anyone else.

that is why the aggressively conventional are so utterly and completely worthless,
    however impressive they may appear to anyone else,
    however ostentatiously they accumulate stuff, or even influence.

19. TheSamantha

TheSamantha Member

A loser is a quitter.

1 person likes this.
  20. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Thinking your a Looser makes you one

These Guys never were !
    http://youtu.be/4c2Vvp9RIuA