What Makes One A Loser?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by sennyguy, Aug 5, 2016.

1. sennyguy

sennyguy Members

Huh? What's this about registration?

2 people like this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm a loser. I mean that's what they say and that's what they said. But I'm the one with two women sleeping in myyyy bed. And I don't know their names, no I don't know their names... Loser. I'm a loooooooser.

2 people like this.
  3. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

^^ I'm on the same boat except i feel like a champion. I have no car, no degrees, no friends, no girlfriends, but i don't depend on any of those things to make me feel any better. I'm probably not worth much in the eyes of the world either.....oh well. In this crazy world, i don't see why that should matter.

4. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

QUOTE:- third place threshhold is based on whether or not the liquor store employees know you by name..

The Entire Staff Know Me By My First Name........They All Tell Me When My Faves Are Coming On Special Thereby Saving

Me Quite A Large Amount Of Money Over The Year......[​IMG] .

This Is How Good Business Is Done In A Country Town.

Cheers Glen.

2 people like this.
  5. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I was at the store the other night -- the GROCERY store, not the beer store. I had to buy a few food items. The girl at the register says to me: "No beer tonight??" It made me think for a minute.

6. NoHobo

NoHobo Members

I am most definitely a loser by society's standards, and I have calmly learned to acknowledge it. Nevertheless, even I would not say something like that. Only a world-class loser can delude themselves from the fact that they are a loser.

Eric! likes this.
  7. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

you can build up your confidence by hanging out with some homeless drug addicted hep c carrying lowlifes....my drug addict friends always make me feel less bad about my dumb choices in life

but here's a tip....totally ignore what glen glen said and instead follow irminsuls advice :)

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Which was the the wise words of Lemmy so you know you're in good hands :punk:

9. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Here's A Tip From GLEN senny.......Totally Ignore Any Advice From hotwater ......rolligalong......And Iminsul......[​IMG] .

If You .Put Them All Together And Multiplied By Ten You Still Couldn't Come Up With Half An Average Human Brain Size....... :D

Cheers Glen.

10. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Thank you, At 27 he has a lot to look forward to, all of which is easily achievable if he only applies himself

Hotwater

11. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

lol, this is quite honestly the worst advice I've heard all year, on ANY forum.

3 people like this.
  12. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Losing?

Just a guess.

13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Although hotwater's first advice is quite arguable indeed (it might just depend on the person and where he is in life) this one is much more solid:

:cheers2: Hope OP realizes it!

Well put. You are the living example of how a loser or the opposite is for a large part between one's ears. And, I'm not saying this primarily to make someone feel better about themselves but it is my sincere opinion: people who have this combi of mentality and lack of possessions are the furthest from being a loser.

Also what people say on society and societies standards: I recognize those standards and expecations are there and how not complying to some of them makes others view people like that as a loser but this is not so uniform as it sounds. At least in my society there are a whole lot of different people. It seems here the majority would perceive one as a loser how they go about it without a degree, but not just because one doesn't have one. Also: not having a car is becoming increasingly normal here (esp. among people in their twenties)

You must have a solid job though? As you seem to travel the whole world for fun :p

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

If you're not contributing to the overall shittiness in the world then you're not a loser.

Actually, you sound like a winner in my book because you are a creator. - you create music which contributes to the overall beauty of the world. Good job!

1 person likes this.
  15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Well, not always the case but I agree with the thought. :p

16. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

fact being there is no objective "goal" of the universe and that everyone gives meaning to their own life, understanding that "right" and "wrong" are social constructs, it is easy to determine what makes someone a loser: perspective

17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

what makes a looser? whatever idiot came up with the idea of calling people winners and loosers. someone who says they hate loosers, that's what a real looser is.

someone who hates using logic, calls thoughtlessness freedom, and thinks aggressiveness makes them a man, or does the world any favors, that's as looser as there is a looser to be.

because everyone looses when too many people think that way.

but no, no one wins them all, and as every successful inovator undertands, things have to fail to know what needs fixed.

you gotta give some to get some, and no one walks away with everything they want.

everything that can happen does happen, sometimes its something you want and sometimes its something you don't.

and it can be at the worst or best times too. you just have to realize it isn't personal, the universe just works that way.

and whatever anyone tries to tell you, it works that way for them too.

18. sennyguy

sennyguy Members

Thanks. I guess I'd just like to be in a place where I'm A: debt free, and B: able to live completely alone. I have roommates so I can keep the rent down, but one of these days I'd like to have my actual OWN place. So I guess if I accomplished those two things I'd be doing OK.

19. sennyguy

sennyguy Members

The music I take part in is awesome, and the orchestras usually sound good. So I'd say that person was right.

20. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Obligatory

http://youtu.be/YgSPaXgAdzE

2 people like this.