Stabbing In London

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by morrow, Aug 4, 2016.

1. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

He may have been a copy cat of sorts. Trying to mimic the effect of terrorism if you will. In any case it's horrible to think about walking along outside when all of a sudden.. yikes! So not cool.

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

The stress on local economies from refuges is an issue, I admit there are some cases of cultural misunderstanding. But most of refugee community is peaceful. The small percent of them that are not are often encouraged by the goverment They create the problem so they can offer the solution.
    This guy was not a terrorist. As an American my first thought about this story was that most of those people who were just injured or got away would be dead in Ameirca if a similar mental patient did that. Because a gun is so easily obtainable and someone like this probably would have wanted one at some point for the same reasons you want a knife.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Although I agree with most of what you say (a determined nutter, or terrorist when it applies, could get their hands on a gun here too though, as has been shown recently, but yes, not as easily as in your country without knowing a connection), I am wondering what you mean here. The small amount of refugees who are not peaceful are encouraged by the government? How so? And how did you reach that conclusion?

4. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Whatever reason, -be it Mental Health, Radicalisation, Social and working pressures, it just seems another case where our humanity had failed to address the optimism that was yearned for by those who craved it in the 50s, 60s and 70s
    The only way it seems that notice is taken of a situation/case of injustice/lack of tolerance is when there is drastic and terrible action taken
    - One wishes the youth of 'today' will do a better job of making the World a better place
    = "Persistence is never futile"

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I stab people...four or five people every day.. I tried to see a shrink to stop that stuff but there just was no way cause I stabbed him stabbed the nurse and the bloody cat. Stabbed em! Stabbed em all like that!!

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Its not like you, me or anyone is really going to put up their hand for higher taxes to pay for better mental health facilities.

The government should do more, just as long as I dont have to pay for it, its a too easy cop out.

Shit gets real when it actually affects peoples purse strings, a lot will pretend to care, but compared to the 100 things in their daily lives they are supposed to care about, other peoples problems aint high on the list

Plus we dont see the whole picture, you see homeless guys on the street, you take pity....but how many ended up there because they started as rapists, kiddly fiddlers, had the whole family turn their back on them because they used to slap around the wife...were generally assholes in their 20s, didnt develop those mental problems until after incarceration.
    Not saying thats the case with all homeless guys, but it would be more than average compared to the general population.

Homeless in Sydney, I'll give money to the ones selling bracelets or washing car windows, not the ones just sitting there with a sigh smoking a cigarette. Cigarettes here are like $20, you could go to Aldi buy three days worth of food for $20

7. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I mean that most of the "terrorist attacks" that happen are planned by the government. They find actual Muslims but the the goverment portrays itself as Muslim too. They plant the idea of these attacks. So yes someone decides to carry them out but they are lead to believe it's what other Muslims want. It's peer pressure and then acting like they were never there.It makes people believe the enemy is everywhere so the only solution is give up more rights and privacy.

Everything that goes on in the Middle East is meant to happen. The CIA destabilized the region years ago to create this chaos. ISIS not a threat they could be gone tomorrow if that was the plan. And the CIA and MI6 work together. What happens in America comes to Europe. It's easy to create a holy war. All the religious text says the world must end. All you have to do is tap into that.

8. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Maybe it isn't a question of higher taxes, although there would be plenty of scope for increasing things like corporation tax here in Britain, but how resources are allocated. Huge amounts of money go to treat people who are ill because of their own lifestyles. The obese, smokers, drinkers. If a fraction of the cost of treating them was spent on mental health we wouldn't be in this situation where every now and then some mentally ill person goes out and kills someone after coming of their meds and falling through the net of community mental health teams.

Homelessness is a different issue. In my hometown a high proportion of the homeless are ex-servicemen. They did their bit and then got shat on.

1 person likes this.
  9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Same again for that last bit though.

Ex servicemen, especially if they get maimed in war, what do they get. A veteran's pension for the rest of their life, which in my country is slightly above the dole. Whoop-ti-do

Lots of evidence to suggest compression waves to the hippocampus cause some of these issues, or inflame already existing ones. As well as some still get to be identified causes in warfare to do with technology or chemicals or other.

What if there is no 'cure'.

People love to get patriotic, but most don't give enough of a shit

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

You mean the french and german governments here? What made you certain it is as you described? No offense and no means to discredit what you say, but I took notice of most of what you said before from others. Those people also claimed it was like that. It would be awesome to know this for certain, because now I'm just confronted with what other people have found out but they rarely share how they got there. I wanna be convinced too! So please, this was perhaps the most important part of my post:

Many thanks in advance :)

11. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

good times...

12. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter