Stabbing In London

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by morrow, Aug 4, 2016.

1. morrow

morrow Visitor

2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Sounds Like An Isolated "Nutbucket"....... :)

Cheers Glen.

3. morrow

morrow Visitor

I hope so Glen, if that's the right thing to say :(

4. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

The Trouble Now Is It's A Case Of "Monkey See...Monkey Do" And Every Crazy In Town Will Now Want His 30 Seconds

Of Fame On The Evening News..... :)

Cheers Glen.

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Now now Glen, not so PC. We all know it was his religious affiliation, whatever his medical record might imply.

6. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Probably best to wait and see what the cops find out.

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Yes... The world has gone quite mad. It has been going that direction for some time.

I worry about you obsessing about "terrorism" though. (obsessing may be a strong word, but I couldn't come up with another) Don't turn your life into a web of constant fear, Morrow, that just has them winning. The News is going to keep pushing this agenda of fear on the world, calling everything "terrorism" until it's proven otherwise... It sells and it pushes a conservative view that we (the governments, not "we" the people) need to be involved in constant warfare with "somebody"... Of course it's the people that suffer in the end.

So, yeah... Be aware but don't live in fear.

5 people like this.
  8. morrow

morrow Visitor

Your right, I do worry, I worry about the airport, being so close to turkey..I'm turning into a worry!

Thanks tyronswood, I needed that ! X

9. Asmodean

People have been stabbing others with knifes for ages but only now it has become (or made) extra scary and massively (media) attention worthy :p

I agree fully with Ty. The world is only going more crazy when people let the news affect themselves to an irrational proportion (me thinks fearing every middle eastern immigrant is a good example of this). Always use your brain when taking in the news and when it comes to such unfortunate events: at least try to put it in perspective.

Not saying being on your guard about middle eastern types because of recent happenings is totally unreasonable on itself btw. But to blatantly assume things about and project things onto them is only adding to the distress and thus in the end to the global craziness (which I personally think is not that much bigger than usual, despite these crazy terroristic activities lately, an american presidential candidate like Trump, and the recent clowning in british politics. I agree when we take notice mostly of such things in the news the world does look extra nuts but really it keeps on turning with all the bad AND good)

1 person likes this.
  10. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

It's to be expected when turncoat politicians allow a country to be flooded with people from countries where extremist ideologies are rampant. Maybe it's time people grow some balls, stop being politically correct, and call it for what it is.

1 person likes this.
  11. Asmodean

And which politicians are you talking about exactly (let me guess, you were just talking 'in theory')? Because current mainsteam mindset and most UK politicians are against such a 'flooding'. Besides where did this particular culprit come from? Do we have to watch out for every norwegian-somali person now too? Look, you're buying into it just as easily ;) What would you say about such an happening when it was a local? Probably nothing. People are misguided so easily.

1 person likes this.
  12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Winning what though?

Far more people are likely to stay indoors becuase something like Britain has got Talent is on the TV, over the next two weeks becuase the Olympics are on. Then a couple weeks later more likely to stay outdoors becuase of something like Pokemon Go.

Either staying indoors or outdoors, a lot more people are likely to make that decision by way of a lot more things that don't have anything to do with.....on this occasion especially one crazy guy with a knife.

I react this way now, becuase "we can't let them win" is what a lot of people say

But win what? If we all stay inside and watch TV for a week and eat biscuits, what do the terrorists win?
    It's not like Iraq or Syria are ever going to get anywhere, be able to threaten any territory of importance.

Even during the Blitz, most of them didn't bother moving out of London

13. Asmodean

Installing 'terror' in people who never been near a terrorist attack. Playing into peoples fear to such an extent we change our lifes (and in the worst case our society) for it in ways we never would otherwise.

14. BlackBillBlake

15. BlackBillBlake

Seems this is more what happens when a government starves mental health services of resources and funding, leaving seriously mentally ill people with no adequate supervision or care.

3 people like this.
  16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

So it's the government's fault?

And what part of it is your fault?

17. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

Nutter with a knife. To be honest, if it weren't for the current climate, this wouldn't receive a great deal of media attention. Also, because it happened in one of the posh parts of London, where a tourist might have seen it. We like to keep out nutters and our homeless on the fringes so they don't spoil any photographs.

All snide comments aside, horrible thing to happen. Poor, poor woman.

Easy to see why people would latch on to it though, here in London we're pretty aware that a major terrorist attack is inevitable.

3 people like this.
  18. BlackBillBlake

I didn't say that mental illness is caused by the government. Only that they don't put enough money into providing mental health services.

I don't think it can really be laid at my door that this is the case.

19. Asmodean

Besides the biggest hope that it never happens of course, I hope IF such a thing happens London deals as great and constructively with it as they did in the past. An example for us all.

20. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

Aye, that's the hope, but the words "inevitable" and "when, not if" have been uttered by our police chief. Thus far religious tolerance, gun control and being surrounded by water have kept us safe but it only seems a matter of time (and the first one is being depleted by the day).