Survey Questions

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Fluffernutter, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Fluffernutter

Fluffernutter Member

What are your favorite colors?

What would you buy for a pick-me-up if you had $10 in your pocket?

What are your main hobbies/interests/ways to pass the time?

Do you collect anything? Or is there something you’re always happy to receive as a gift?

Are you into any big pop culture trends? (Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, Disney, Star Wars, anything else I’ve missed!)

2. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

colors are subjective even if you name the ones people know. lets say blue, do you know how many shades of blue there are? i can show you 5 shades of navy blue, sooooo it depends.

can it be something i cant get easily? if not then monster energy drink usually does the job.

your looking at it. lately also phone games and some story based 1 hour weekly dramas

yes and yes. actually they are the same thing

yes.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

oh good, i haven't filled out a hipforums survey in close to a week!

as an added bonus, i think most of these questions have already been their own thread within the last few months. whatever, it's not like i'm not going to answer anyway...

What are your favorite colors? asian

What would you buy for a pick-me-up if you had $10 in your pocket? way too situational. energy drink, beer, food, real drugs if they were available. or any number of other possibilities.

What are your main hobbies/interests/ways to pass the time? sleep, work, hipforums, masturbation. that's basically what i do, in order from most time spent to least.

Do you collect anything? Or is there something you’re always happy to receive as a gift? no, and not that i've received as of yet.

Are you into any big pop culture trends? (Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, Disney, Star Wars, anything else I’ve missed!) i don't think so? definitely nothing listed there. the closest thing i can thing of offhand is fallout 4; it's pretty big right now, and i'm pretty into it right now.

4. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

Oh, oh, I love these!

What are your favorite colors? green and purple

What would you buy for a pick-me-up if you had $10 in your pocket? a book, prob hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

What are your main hobbies/interests/ways to pass the time? reading

Do you collect anything? Or is there something you’re always happy to receive as a gift? books, knives, lighters

Are you into any big pop culture trends? (Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, Disney, Star Wars, anything else I’ve missed!) LOTR a bit, thats it

5. NoHobo

NoHobo Members

What are your favorite colors? Blue, like my soul.

What would you buy for a pick-me-up if you had $10 in your pocket? Lottery tickets and a joint of cannabis.

What are your main hobbies/interests/ways to pass the time? I mostly loiter and busk. Sometimes I masturbate.

Do you collect anything? Or is there something you’re always happy to receive as a gift? I collect cans. I am happy to receive all gifts, particularly free alcohol.

Are you into any big pop culture trends? (Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, Disney, Star Wars, anything else I’ve missed!) No.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Purple, black, metallic purple and metallic black.

$10? Full stein of Lowënbraü

Hobbies, playing pool. billiards training. Watching snooker. Watching Motorsport, football. Computer games, music. Writing.

Collect things? Yep. :) I'm a avid collector of #24 diecast NASCAR models. I collect stickers and patches and old WW2 German militaria. Also collect records and CDs. Any physical music that I'm interested in.

Hell no, nope not me you'll never catch me alive wearing skinny black jeans now I seen my fair share of trends go by and hell nope not again you'll never catch me riding on a 10second trend. Except Pokemon go. :) I actually have a bit of fun walking around catching them. >.>

7. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

blue and grey

beer

going to bars with friends and working

Do you collect anything? Or is there something you’re always happy to receive as a gift?
    shot glasses

Are you into any big pop culture trends? (Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, Disney, Star Wars, anything else I’ve missed!)
    Game of Thrones

8. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

yellowish olivish lime green (called avacado, but more yellowish then a real one), yellowish (pumpkin/omaha) orange, reddish brown (boxcar red its called), turquoise (the actual color of the sky, and the blueish part of the mineral that shares its name), a coolish (means marginally blueish) light grey (goes well with the orange, just as the green and the orange go with the brown), and finally a plum purple, which works with the grey and the green, a darker slightly bluish version of the green also works well with it as a minor accent, as does a darker version of the turquoise. there you have my whole favorite palate

a bowl of noodles, with some kind of mushrooms, veggies and meat. or some little scale miniature of something. i don't generally spend money for a pick me up though, i'd go broke rather fast and never have enough for things i really want. that's something i learned by experience when i was in grade (k-8) school.

creating little 3d corners of the world inside my head on the computer, now that we have computers and programs for them with which to do so. something i dreamed of being able to do for the furst half of my life, when they were something that didn't exist yet. before then, and still do also, is to build physical scale models of my ideas, the drawback to which, besides the need for physical materials from which to do so, is the need for space, both for the result, but also for the tools and materials to do so and to work with them. being able to do so in the computer solves that, but i still like physical models also. there are also simulations, that up to a point, let me 'live' in these worlds, though i do so as much creating my own on my own as in or with them. i really don't think of it as passing the time, as if i had empty time that needed passing, but the very point and purpose i live for. that and using what i create to show people what they are screwing themselves out of by their misplaced priorities.

there are other things i love too. places. physical places, the entire surroundings of a location, in this physical world we all get to live in, for however long we do. and my favorite kinds of places are forested mountains. i'm sure my growing up in them and next to the railroad my dad worked for, couldn't possibly have anything to do with it. you know that, and riding around in them. on trains and buses. besides the other problems with cars, you don't really get to see and enjoy as much if you're having to pay attention to the road, which you need to be if you're driving, and so many conditions under which you shouldn't be driving at all.

and i love little furry creatures living their own lives, seeing them, especially their confidence not to worry about me when they don't, and being someone they don't have to.

i don't 'collect' things for the sake of collecting them. really the only two kinds of things i like to have, are things i can make things out of (materials like plastistruct, adhesives, paints and so on), and things (tools) i can use for doing so. but i do like seeing pictures of how i would like the world to look, and i do collect them off the web, and i've got some 37 or so thousand of them i have, along with the four thousand or so i've made myself. these are in my screen saver that is always running when i'm not doing something else on the computer.

i like books too, but they've gotten way to expensive for new ones, and there isn't a really good second hand book store that i know of where i live now. the kind of science fiction that was mostly written in the 70s and 80s, about smart people solving difficult problems, and while social implications are often a major part of the story, they mostly avoid being soap operas about the characters involved, who are often none humans and from cultural backgrounds differing in some, often many ways, from those we are familiar with and surrounded by. mysteries set in that sort of setting are good too. and it doesn't have to be a future one, that really isn't part of the definition, nor any big epic deal which isn't either.

books and tutorials on how to do and make and use the tools i have to do so with, the things i'm interested in, trains, houses, furrys, infrastructure technologies treading lightly through the natural world, that sort of thing.

so again its not a matter of collecting for the sake of doing so. but tools to make things with, to make tiny scale models of things, and a place to do so, yes. if someone wanted to give me something, a big piece of land where i could build what i love in real life and no one would be bothered by my doing so. that would be nice. i don't really have room where i live, or how i usually live, for a whole lot more then i already have, not even room enough to unpack everything i already do. but another 3d printer, one that isn't broken, a desktop milling machine, and a lazer/plasma cutting/carving machine.

a solar powered 7.5" gauge ride on train and some kind of truck to get it to and from the club track. i don't expect the big things though. if i had a way to repay them i'd already have them. and the little things, well i like the idea, but just don't have much room. things that don't take up a lot of room though, art that somebody does themselves, i can always find someplace to keep and treasure that.

not because they are. i've always been into hobby kind of fandoms though. not media things, but where people participate in creating, even though media does sometimes try to appeal to us too.
    science fiction, furry, world building concept art, creating and exploring generally. strangeness is wonderful, epicness ruins everything. media tends to screw things up, though they can make pretty things too, and making everything have to be about money is part of what screws everything up too. i have my favorite genre's, i've either already mentioned or partially hinted at. yah you've missed a lot. people these days seem to be looking for pokimon in real world places with their 'smart' phones. looks like fun, but i'm not spending a couple hundred bucks for something that can too easily be lost or stolen just to play with it. but i do go to furry conventions and other get togethers of the furrily inclined, likewise of the science fictionally, and model railroadingly. sorry but celebraty is not a thing in my world. people are just people. but creating, that's what we all live for. to do ourselves mostly, but sure, also appreciate others who do so well.

10. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Red and Blue

Morning: Monster Energy Drink.
    Evening: Vanilla Bean Cremé Frappucinno with Espresso shot

Computer Coding
    Guitar
    Concerts/shows/raves

Not really, concert tickets I would be happy to receive as a gift but those occurrences are few and far between. Food would be the other one.

Not really, I've seen all the Star Wars but I don't dress up to go or really know the background stories of all the characters like some.

11. Alone At Last

Alone At Last Member

What are your favorite colors? Red Black and Grey

What would you buy for a pick-me-up if you had $10 in your pocket? Nice bomber of craft beer

What are your main hobbies/interests/ways to pass the time? Travel/Masturbation

Do you collect anything? Or is there something you’re always happy to receive as a gift? Memories //// ITunes or Amazon gift cards and new or special bottle of craft beer

Are you into any big pop culture trends? (Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, Disney, Star Wars, anything else I’ve missed!) No not at all

12. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

What are your favorite colors? Red, Bright Blue, and Purple. Basically in that order but changes depending on my mood i guess.

What would you buy for a pick-me-up if you had $10 in your pocket? $10 dollars worth of dark chocolate.

What are your main hobbies/interests/ways to use the time? Photography, fitness, martial arts, wandering around from place to place, surfing the net.....

Do you collect anything? Or is there something you’re always happy to receive as a gift? I collect T-shirts from places i've traveled to.

Are you into any big pop culture trends? (Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, Disney, Star Wars, anything else I’ve missed!) Not that i'm aware of.

13. lode

lode Banned

There's hexadecimal for that problem http://htmlcolorcodes.com

14. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

It was hard to explain but let's put it this way.
    You take a color from that chart.
    You put that exact same color on a car and that exact same color on a sweater and they will still look different I prefer the shinyness of a car.

15. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I think you are describing qualia. Or the notion that the subjective experience of colors (or other sensations) people have are inherently tied into other senses, as well as perhaps extraneous variables such as emotions and memories.