How Much You Pay For My Welfare

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by Bud D, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Bud D

Bud D Member

Not counting medical bills which is hard to figure with that an insurance that is Humana covers. The person that makes $100,000 pays $6200 a year in social security. It comes out to some pretty stark figuring comparing that to the 884 billion brought in last year. Turns out I get hundredth of a thousandth percent of that persons money a year. To be able to pay back a dollar that was fairly given I would and they would have to live 1000 years.

I was assaulted once by a buddy who lost his job. I used to smoke him down so he would be my friend. He was always asking me to pack it up and never did much to pay back, never had any himself. Well he lost his job for causing an accident. No biggie but he failed his drug test. He was risking losing his house which ya that sucks and he lost his job which is a major blow back. But he ended up going to college, getting married and having a kid which a good job.

I sorta wanna post on Facebook because people think disabled people are running the country dry of cash flow. I have a disability that less than one half of one percent of the population has to suffer and learn to grow and live with. It's more rare than schizophrenia and far more rare than bi-polar. It's pretty much the two of those put together.

And I live on 100th of 1000th of a cent a year off of someone making 100,000 bucks a year gives me.

That's like not even a peso!

1 person likes this.
  2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Social Security Retirement and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) are not part of the Federal Budget. They are totally separate funds from Government spending. They are paid into separately during your working career if you hold a legitimate job.

3. Bud D

Bud D Member

Not true. Social security is a lump tax rate set in stone (so to speak). You pay a specific rate 6.2% for social security, it's set in stone at the moment. More or less like wet cement, feel free to change that.

4. Tyrsonswood

Yes, It's a tax rate. paid into if you work a legitimate job.... If you look at a detailed paystub it's separate from income tax... If you work for yourself and do it legitimately it's paid into separately on the forms.

What part of what I said didn't you understand?

It's not part of the Federal Budget... Unless you watch Faux News.

5. Bud D

Bud D Member

I am just saying it's a federal program

what part of what I said didn't you understand?

It's a fixed rate for all wage earners. I get far more than I've paid in. So that's the shit that people give me. I'm just saying what it amounts to.

6. Tyrsonswood

Social Security is NOT PART OF the Federal Budget....

Are any of my posts clearer now?

7. Bud D

Bud D Member

No need to be rude but you make no point relating to my post. Social security is a independent federal program with a flat tax rate of 6.2%. So what exactly is your problem?

8. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Bob Dole and Newt Gingrich liked to raid the Social Security Fund, then tell all people that the fund is about to go broke. SSDI is an insurance policy that you were forced to pay for. And all people who paid into the SSDI fund do not collect, Very few collect. In any case Bob Dole and Newt Gingrich live very well on their monthly government checks.

9. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Peace & Love guys. The rich people do not care about us who starve and freeze on the sidewalk.

1 person likes this.
  10. Bud D

Bud D Member

One of the dangers of a privatized system.

Oh and social security disability comes out of the same find that retirement comes from. You don't pay into separate funds.

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

less then i pay for wars i have no use in hell for, or the destruction of environments humans will soon find themselves unable to live without.

life isn't about what anyone owes anyone. its about what the hell kind of a world do we want everyone including ourselves to have to live in.