#1 ʈuɱɓɭiɳɠ.ƌičɛ

ʈuɱɓɭiɳɠ.ƌičɛ

Hitchhiker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted July 23 2016 - 03:28 PM

The voters of Mayfield, KY have finally approved the sale of packaged alcohol, 83 years after prohibition was repealed nationwide.

http://www.westkentu...quor-Sales.aspx

Has anyone else ever lived in a dry county?  How far do you have to drive to get your alcoholic beverages?

play-craps.jpg

#2 Bud D

Bud D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted July 23 2016 - 04:20 PM

No. We have 4 drive thru's in the city and beer at nearly every gas station, 1 liquor store for the county. I can walk like 3 minutes to the closest drive thru and a half hour to the liquor store.

#3 Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood

Senior Moment

• PipPipPip
  • 18,747 posts
  • LocationThe Woods

Posted July 23 2016 - 04:25 PM

It wouldn't matter to me... I don't drink.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

"there was something big happening that night, decisions were made and destiny was cast..."~jfw~

~ I chop wood, I carry water, I tend the Earth, This is my prayer. ~

#4 Bud D

Bud D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted July 24 2016 - 09:23 AM

It wouldn't matter to me... I don't drink.

I think it's funny when someone says they don't drink.  Obviously you mean to say you don't drink booze.  Surely you ingest a liquid of some kind.

I didn't drink for a good bit of somewhere near a decade.  It doesn't mix with most cannabis very well.  Sorta counter to each other.  Booze doesn't get very euphoric or relaxing when stoned or desiring to get stoned.  Plus alcohol doesn't let cannabis bring on a relaxed thought provoking experience.  Just sorta dulls each other.

#5 I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear

voice of sexy

• PipPipPip
  • 38,633 posts

Posted July 24 2016 - 09:25 AM

I didn't drink for a good bit of somewhere near a decade.  It doesn't mix with most cannabis very well.  Sorta counter to each other.  Booze doesn't get very euphoric or relaxing when stoned or desiring to get stoned.  Plus alcohol doesn't let cannabis bring on a relaxed thought provoking experience.  Just sorta dulls each other.

a few drinks followed by some cannabis makes just about the most relaxing feeling ever.  if you ever just want to feel like you're getting sucked into your couch, it's hard to beat.

• deepwoods and fourth wise man like this

#6 Bud D

Bud D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted July 25 2016 - 07:32 AM

a few drinks followed by some cannabis makes just about the most relaxing feeling ever.  if you ever just want to feel like you're getting sucked into your couch, it's hard to beat.

I guess it depends. Used to get some growers red wine and puff some herb. It was fun but I didn't have the best weed that winter. Probably depends on strain, cbn isn't fun with anything.

#7 fourth wise man

fourth wise man

•  Supporters
  • PipPip
  • 647 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted November 24 2016 - 01:47 PM

I've only experienced prohibition on Sundays. Warrants a half hour drive to Illinois.

I had forgotten there were dry counties still. I was in school in Tenn. in '82-'83 and heard about them. I feel for you down there.
In America that shit just don't seem right. I'm happy for y'all. Really I am.

#8 Guest_xenxan

Guest_xenxan
  • Guests

Posted November 25 2016 - 03:59 AM

I used to live in Lexington and did work out in the Danville area; remember that area being dry. Is it still or am I just too old to remember my memory?

#9 ʈuɱɓɭiɳɠ.ƌičɛ

ʈuɱɓɭiɳɠ.ƌičɛ

Hitchhiker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted November 26 2016 - 01:57 AM

I used to live in Lexington and did work out in the Danville area; remember that area being dry. Is it still or am I just too old to remember my memory?

I don't know about that specific area but it wouldn't surprise me.  Dry counties are slowly becoming a thing of the past around here though, so it may have changed by now.

play-craps.jpg

Click to shop at Weed Seed Shop