96 replies to this topic

#11 Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • LocationAnother Universe

Posted July 26 2016 - 10:56 AM

Existence and non-existence define one another and the shadow has no meaning outside of the light. Hence, quanta never stop moving completely because motion and the lack of motion define another. The greater context none can see determines its own content no matter how much we might all rant and rave about how unfair life can be. :)

#12 relaxxx

relaxxx

• PipPipPip
  • 2,627 posts

Posted July 26 2016 - 11:12 AM

Space expands over time, therefor time literally makes space. And vice versa of course but maybe it would be better to call it time-space.

Edited by relaxxx, July 26 2016 - 11:17 AM.

#13 Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted July 26 2016 - 01:25 PM

Relativity implies time is an illusion and everything is geometric equivalences, while quantum mechanics can smash even calculus and Zeno's paradoxes into indeterminate mush. The quantum Zeno effect is a great example. When watched a particle will not move obscuring the distinctions between what is context and content.

Edited by Wu Li Heron, July 26 2016 - 01:30 PM.

• Bud D likes this

#14 guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam

• PipPipPip
  • 20,823 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted July 26 2016 - 03:09 PM

For an individual, Time is the rate of change in phenomena under 2 or more conditions.

It would sure seem like it, but I don't know if time has a reality outside perception. Seems like a paradox or perhaps straight up unintelligible that something could measure time without being encompassed in time as well.
  • Bud D likes this

Bvztpo7.png

#15 Bud D

Bud D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted July 26 2016 - 03:29 PM

For an individual, Time is the rate of change in phenomena under 2 or more conditions.

It would sure seem like it, but I don't know if time has a reality outside perception. Seems like a paradox or perhaps straight up unintelligible that something could measure time without being encompassed in time as well.

Ya but what I am saying is nothing can measure time that doesn't measure movement.

Even something that measures the decay of an element or some other thing measures the movement of particles or energy.  I'm no genius but it seems time doesn't exist.  Things just move and we have timing. 

It doesn't seem that time is an independent force.  I have heard of 'time & space' but space just seems to interact in such a way that timing occurs.  Not time itself existing as a force.

Edited by Bud D, July 26 2016 - 03:30 PM.

#16 Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted July 26 2016 - 04:10 PM

The implication of space and time being indivisible complimentary-opposites is that they form a self-organizing system and we have merely to reformulate relativity and the HUP to express a recursion in the law of identity, but easier said than done.

#17 Bud D

Bud D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted July 26 2016 - 04:21 PM

The implication of space and time being indivisible complimentary-opposites is that they form a self-organizing system and we have merely to reformulate relativity and the HUP to express a recursion in the law of identity, but easier said than done.

Opposites?

How so?

They seem to be that one doesn't exist and the other creates systems of interaction that express what doesn't exist.

#18 Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted July 26 2016 - 04:54 PM

Opposites?

How so?

They seem to be that one doesn't exist and the other creates systems of interaction that express what doesn't exist.

Space is synonymous with geometry and even Relativity insists that its impossible to have some "thing" that doesn't exist at some "place" at some "time" and vice versa. The two represent the opposites of fate and the random, the alpha and omega. The future's so bright I have to wear shades because the past, including geometry, has no demonstrable meaning without a future.

Edited by Wu Li Heron, July 26 2016 - 04:55 PM.

#19 Bud D

Bud D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted July 26 2016 - 04:59 PM

Space is synonymous with geometry and even Relativity insists that its impossible to have some "thing" that doesn't exist at some "place" at some "time" and vice versa. The two represent the opposites of fate and the random, the alpha and omega. The future's so bright I have to wear shades because the past, including geometry, has no demonstrable meaning without a future.

Nobody's predicting the future for each and every particle.  It all just goes with the flow, bouncing off each other.

I'm saying time is not a thing, not a fabric, but a perspective.  Something we relate to that doesn't actually exist but in our minds.

#20 Lobber

Lobber

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNiagara Falls NY

Posted July 27 2016 - 01:22 AM

Time is three dimensional. There are three dimensions of time. I don't have time to go into it right now. But I will take time to explain time later.

Click to shop at Sensi Seed Company