Empathic Communication And Emotional Weather

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by AceK, Jul 19, 2016.

1. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

I don't know if you've ever noticed this phenomenon, but when in New York (and I'm sure this applies to any other sufficiently densely populated metropolitan area or similar) you will notice that if you are in a wonderful mood, virtually everyone in the city seems to be as well; if you are in a not so great mood, for the most part the case is the same with respect to the principality of this effect, and you will notice that a large subset of people seem to be in a poor mood, or look miserable.

I'm quite sure that this is not purely subjective perception, i.e. it's not just because it seems this way because of the mood you are in, and is in fact due in part to the contagious effect of moods on others. Of course our mood affects our perception of things, but there is a real effect that our emotions have on others, and the emotions of others can be felt as well, which has the potential to influence our own mood, and in fact I believe strong empathic ability can be mistaken for what appears to be telepathy when intuition is applied as an operator on the empathic information received.

So if you really pay attention, you will notice patterns, almost like "emotional weather" that can spread through an entire city, and I'm sure the scale is global, especially in the 21st century, at a different level of abstraction, just as meteorological weather is global at a certain scale. Empathy really spreads that fast; it's like a virus. In a way it synchronizes us to one another, tuning us to to the same frequency so we can better understand ourselves, and each other.

Why do I mention this topic? It's just something to think about, and I'm sure it applies to any case where communication can travel quickly and reach many.

Empathic communication is real, and requires no words; it can however be spread through written communication I do believe, though not through grammar, syntax, or semantics, rather, metaphorically, "between the lines", subtle implications by the communicator that are inferred and processed differently than language. I will say again though that pure empathy and language are two separate things, though they are often featured together and communication has many facets; it is much more than words.

Each and every one of us affects every other, even if indirectly through many levels of proxy; this is especially true in these times where communication is at the speed of light and everyone is connected to everyone else. Some people are stronger empaths than others and will pick up on it easier, but all humans possess empathy; even dogs and cats do, though as humans, our empathic ability is far more evolved and developed.

We are all special, and every one of us changes history every day. The very fact that you read this now has changed the course of history.

3 people like this.
  2. ElEyeJaw

ElEyeJaw Banned

In light of this post, it's become quite popular amongst those in the theoretical physics crowd, to state consciousness is likely non local.