What Do You Think About Psychology?

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Bud D, Jul 17, 2016.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Reading psychology and studying it's theories is rather fascinating, and helps you get what you want from people. I find it that way.

The downside is that too many people put too much trust in the experts and professionals of the field of psychology. I'm guilty of relying on expert opinion from psychiatrists and psychologists. Most of them are egomaniacs with aspergers and are totally full of crap. Psychiatrists especially. I was told that my ADHD problems would stick with me for my entire life, and that an ADHD patient without amphetamines is like a diabetic without insulin (totally full of crap). Many of them unjustifiably label people with certain personality types and mental illnesses, that when people hear this shit from a professional, those words plant toxic seeds in their mind set where it sits forever. This is called the Labeling Theory. I don't get why such professionals with 5-8 years of schooling constantly overlook the labeling theory which is Psychology 101.

2. Bud D

Bud D Member

Any awareness of the self does that.

3. Chigurh

Chigurh Members

What's pathetic about accurate stereotypes? Of the two, seems to me philosophy is the more lazy discipline.

4. Bud D

Bud D Member

I had a weird dream last night. I have been hanging out with family lately. The youngest is my almost 2 year old niece. So that may be some of it. I dreamed I was in some sort of secret service room. There were items up like headquarters have clocked for around the world. One of the items was military intelligence and was a gas mask. The director saw me and said why did you stop by you should of called. So he shows me the door and I step through. I see a gate on the other side of the door and there is a drop off. A little girl sees some eggs and pics on up and try to go through the door. She realized there is a long fall and drops the egg out fear of heights. She them becomes afraid of herself falling and ends up falling about 20 feet on her head. I woke up and was thinking it was pretty fucked. Maybe it was my inner little girl, I dunno.

5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I always found illusions provided fascinating insight into the mind. For example, why it is that we are so intent on seeing a square here.

[​IMG]

6. Chigurh

Chigurh Members

As opposed to the cross?

1 person likes this.
  7. Bud D

Bud D Member

Because there is a square there. I'd be more concerned if someone saw 4 pac men

1 person likes this.
  8. erikat

erikat Newbie

Hey .... that's exactly what i saw.

1 person likes this.
  9. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

There is no square there...

10. Bud D

Bud D Member

Yes there is. Four perfect corners make a square.

11. Chigurh

Chigurh Members

Apparently you had it right the first time. pac men

12. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

There are no connecting sides to make a square, your mind is making it up by filling in the white space. One example of the fascinating aspects of human psychology and how it helps us understand our minds.

13. Bud D

Bud D Member

Does not require connections to be square.

14. Bud D

Bud D Member

In geometry, a square is a regular quadrilateral, which means that it has four equal sides and four equal angles (90-degree angles, or right angles).[1] It can also be defined as a rectangle in which two adjacent sides have equal length. A square with vertices ABCD would be denoted

\square ABCD.

15. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Hahah! I think you're going to need heavier doses of psychology if you're gonna argue that.

16. Bud D

Bud D Member

Read the definition of a square

17. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I am and if you dont understand where you're wrong, please repeat the 3rd grade.

18. Bud D

Bud D Member

It's really great when the temperamental hippies great their panties in a knot. When they don't have a point they stoop to their IQ a say screw you.

19. Bud D

Bud D Member

Like when my health teacher tried to tell us joe camel was a mans package and not a camel nose. Or oregano smells like weed? No you are an old lady that just needs a joint and to get laid. Over analyzing does more harm than good. It is delusional.

20. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Haha, not all of us enjoy basking in ignorance.